No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Cragar] #7674195
09/18/22 07:16 PM
09/18/22 07:16 PM
Ks
Flint Hill fur Offline
trapper
Flint Hill fur  Offline
trapper

Ks
We are all slaves to someone. Gov.wife.boss.inner monologue. We shop at local grocery's and buy made in USA when we can. Hard to get cashews for the weeks lunch snacks from USA....I totally understand that we can't have everything come from the USA an some things I can't afford not to buy foreign like vehicles for instance. I can't afford to keep a Chevy or Ford on the Rd that's just the facts. Although more an more things are outsourced to Mexico with a (assembled in USA) badge on it.

Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Cragar] #7674203
09/18/22 07:28 PM
09/18/22 07:28 PM
Surry county, NC
G Hose Offline
trapper
G Hose  Offline
trapper

Surry county, NC
We need a website that sells only American products. Like Amazon but for only American made products. I do not shop Amazon, but their isn’t many things they don’t sell. We need one that sells American

Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Cragar] #7674211
09/18/22 07:39 PM
09/18/22 07:39 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Just going to stir the pot. What if China decided to only buy products made or grown in China what would happen to the fur market? That is if it ever gets turned around again.

Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Cragar] #7674229
09/18/22 08:00 PM
09/18/22 08:00 PM
Southeast KY
K
K91773 Offline
trapper
K91773  Offline
trapper
K

Southeast KY
I just ordered two pair of bib overalls from these folks, fair prices, quick shipping, appear to be good quality, fit true to their size guide, and USA made

https://www.round-house.com/products/851-round-house-made-in-usa-realtree-ap-camo-bib-overalls

Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: K91773] #7674233
09/18/22 08:07 PM
09/18/22 08:07 PM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
Originally Posted by K91773
I just ordered two pair of bib overalls from these folks, fair prices, quick shipping, appear to be good quality, fit true to their size guide, and USA made

https://www.round-house.com/products/851-round-house-made-in-usa-realtree-ap-camo-bib-overalls

Those are great denim. Also, wild (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) jeans. I bought a couple pair several years ago.

I spend a lot of money buying made in USA clothes, boots, shoes, and tools. They always last and work hard.

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: rex123] #7674237
09/18/22 08:26 PM
09/18/22 08:26 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline OP
trapper
Cragar  Offline OP
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by rex123
Just going to stir the pot. What if China decided to only buy products made or grown in China what would happen to the fur market? That is if it ever gets turned around again.

Actually the Chinese people prefer to buy imported goods if they can afford them. Most Chinese goods are inferior and the Chinese people know this. They can also be dangerous like baby formula. A few years ago a Chinese manafactuer made some baby formula that had things added to it to cut costs. It killed a bunch of babies. Imported baby formula is still in huge demand as very few trust domestic sources.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: bhugo] #7674249
09/18/22 08:48 PM
09/18/22 08:48 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by bhugo
Originally Posted by K91773

Those are great denim. Also, wild (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) jeans. I bought a couple pair several years ago.

I spend a lot of money buying made in USA clothes, boots, shoes, and tools. They always last and work hard.

Been wearing Round House for years... They aren't just American made, they're made "locally" here in Oklahoma.

I've bought a lot of their irregular items for a fraction of retail and couldn't find the flaws.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Dirty D] #7674254
09/18/22 08:59 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Originally Posted by Dirty D
you guys complain about Chinese made stuff and lament the decline of American made stuff have nobody to blame but yourselves.

How many times did you go to the store and buy the cheapest item you were looking for?

How many time did you buy American even tho it was 25% or more?

Americans have no body to blame but themselves.

Nationalism when in the store is a good thing.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Cragar] #7674255
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
you guys complain about Chinese made stuff and lament the decline of American made stuff have nobody to blame but yourselves.

How many times did you go to the store and buy the cheapest item you were looking for?

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Cragar] #7674257
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Sad that very few know why our products are made in third world countries.
Our government ( doesn't matter which party they're both guilty) gave tax credits to companies that sent their products over seas.
Nike got a 20% tax cut to send their shoes to be made in Honduras  for pennies , and sell them here for $ 125.
All in favor of political correctness.
So do you wonder how much each politician gets per pair of shoes?
There's nothing we need that can't be fully produced here .
We even grow bannanas here, every grape on the planet are grown here.
We have the climate of the best growing median in the world .
How many in the south ever think about growing any fruit, vegetable , or plant that can be grown here, or anywhere in the world?
When I was a kid sugar beets were a huge crop in Michigan.
Yet cane surgar was also grown in the south.
There's very few things we can't produce right here.
Granted , below the Equator , they still produce what is out of season here, but don't they depend on us when seasons change?

Our problem is politicans love the kick back from donating to other countries.
How do you think they become millionaires on $174 , 000 .00 a year?
Investments? Maybe , makes me wonder how many pulled it all out under Biden.
Stocks are at a buy level now.
But wait a few more years .

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Cragar] #7674260
09/18/22 09:02 PM
09/18/22 09:02 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan

I have to disagree with the above statement. The Co. that made the product left the U.S.A to make more money. It is as simple as that. Money talks a #()$ walks.. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: rex123] #7674262
09/18/22 09:03 PM
09/18/22 09:03 PM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.
Originally Posted by rex123

Not many people make a living off of fur. That's not a great example.

Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Getting There] #7674263
09/18/22 09:04 PM
09/18/22 09:04 PM
Over there.
F
Flicker Shad Offline
trapper
Flicker Shad  Offline
trapper
F

Over there.
Originally Posted by Getting There

I have to disagree with the above statement. The Co. that made the product left the U.S.A to make more money. It is as simple as that. Money talks a #()$ walks.. JMO

Not always. Some left because regulations forced them to.

Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Cragar] #7674278
09/18/22 09:37 PM
09/18/22 09:37 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
If I am manufacturing in my little shop (which I am), and buying steel from the local steel supplier, and magnets from a company in the USA, and buy all of my welding consumables and stainless bolts from McMaster, I have a strong suspicion that almost all of that came from abroad. Is it “Made In USA”?
I buy one of my bolts directly from China, but I bet every one of them bought from McMaster was made in another country. Haven’t asked, but I bet the steel at Alro Steel wasn’t mined and produced in the USA. How mamy of the parts in my Lincoln welder are of USA origin? Was it assembled in USA? I don’t know.
I am about to do some advertising - is the ink Trappers Post is printed with from USA? The paper? I don’t know.
People tell me I should advertise as “Made In USA”, but I think “Assembled In USA” is about all I can really say.
Im guessing we would all be hard pressed to come up with much of our stuff that does not have parts or materials from abroad.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Re: Made in the U.S.A. [Re: Flicker Shad] #7674286
09/18/22 09:45 PM
09/18/22 09:45 PM
Lakes Region Indiana
L
loosanarrow Offline
trapper
loosanarrow  Offline
trapper
L

Lakes Region Indiana
Originally Posted by Flicker Shad
Originally Posted by Getting There
[quote=Dirty D]you guys complain about Chinese made stuff and lament the decline of American made stuff have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Not always. Some left because regulations forced them to.

I had a buddy (passed away) who had a very successful business making medical footwear. He was a dyed in the wool American, Marine veteran, and as good a man as you will ever meet who cared about Americans and our economy. One day we were having refreshments at a buddies and he announced “Well guys, I just sent 3/4ths of my production to Vietnam.” He was not happy about it or proud of it. Of course we asked him why and his answer was fairly straightforward - he had a choice, he could send his production overseas and lower his prices to stay competitive or GO OUT OF BUSINESS. He almost had a tear in his eye, but in the end, someone else was going to undercut him if he didn’t. Technically he did have a choice, but in the real world he did not have a choice if he was going to stay in business.

Website www.mgnbd.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread