No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Testing For Depression/Anxiety [Re: Leftlane] #7676844
09/22/22 05:26 PM
09/22/22 05:26 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Leftlane
I'm sure that some ppl have medical health issues that cause all kinds of anxiety or depression issues but that being said, I know of nobody who sought help from the church or a reputable pastor that say they regret it.

Just something I noticed. Also, the kind of churches I would go to and the pastors I listen to are very leery of big government and would never support the red flag BS laws.

Well said, Left lane. Also reading the Bible can help depression too.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Testing For Depression/Anxiety [Re: ] #7676880
09/22/22 06:24 PM
09/22/22 06:24 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Just going to give my 2 cents here. Is depression and anxiety real? Yes it is. Are drugs always the answer? No they are not. A lot of depression and anxiety can be dealt with by support groups. That doesn’t mean you need to go tell someone stranger your issues.
Two things I know that work are talking, whether it be your spouse, best friend, or a buddy that may have experienced the same as you and dealt with it.
Another way is to write things down. Either will allow you to release it. Sounds crazy, but it works.
Both are often caused by an event or experiences and people bottle them up and push them aside for one reason or another. At some point all that’s in will start to weigh on you and that’s when the problems arise.
Talking and or writing gets it out, but still let’s you keep the memory.
Many jobs can cause this…military, police, firefighters, medical personnel, even teachers. Anyone who deals with stress or trauma on a daily basis is subject to either. Meds work by just numbing the brain, but it doesn’t remove it. Heck it’s the same with alcohol. I’ve read that most alcoholics are that way because of depression or anxiety, they want to forget but can’t and keep drinking.

Re: Testing For Depression/Anxiety [Re: ] #7676941
09/22/22 08:00 PM
09/22/22 08:00 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
Originally Posted by J Staton
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...age-65-screened-anxiety-experts-say.html
Good idea to be included in a check up or would data be used for alternative purposes such as being 'red flagged' for anxiety?

I've noticed they ask routinely now, about depression during an annual physical. I love when people say that everyone has anxiety. They don't understand or have not been aroud someone with the debilitating kind. Some levels of mental illness are not something you can just tolerate and work around, or fix yourself with a good pep talk. Trusting a Pastor with a serious mental health issue is a dangerous game as far as I'm concerned. I would say if someone is struggling with a serious issue, see a professional. If you don't think its a problem, it's probably not. I wouldn't advocate a test just to have a test.

Re: Testing For Depression/Anxiety [Re: run] #7676946
09/22/22 08:07 PM
09/22/22 08:07 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by run
Originally Posted by Leftlane
I'm sure that some ppl have medical health issues that cause all kinds of anxiety or depression issues but that being said, I know of nobody who sought help from the church or a reputable pastor that say they regret it.

Just something I noticed. Also, the kind of churches I would go to and the pastors I listen to are very leery of big government and would never support the red flag BS laws.

Well said, Left lane. Also reading the Bible can help depression too.

X2

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Testing For Depression/Anxiety [Re: ] #7677416
09/23/22 11:19 AM
09/23/22 11:19 AM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: Testing For Depression/Anxiety [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7677739
09/23/22 07:40 PM
09/23/22 07:40 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
It will not be too far into the future when gene mapping will find those parts of the genes that carry those genetically. The real big issue is what will we do with this knowledge? How public should it be? Insurance companies and huge firms etc. are the ones that could affford to buy the data and then use that for or against individuals or groups. Not good for a society for a few to control major aspects of life and health.

Bryce

Re: Testing For Depression/Anxiety [Re: ] #7677900
09/23/22 11:51 PM
09/23/22 11:51 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Anxiety and depression are real, and can be debilitating. They are caused by chemical imbalances in your brain. Some of you have said that some anxiety is good and normal and you are right. We evolved anxiety to survive in dangerous situations. Anxiety is what primes your body to run away or fight when threatened. That feeling you get when an angry German Shepard clears a fence and goes for your kid, that’s anxiety. After you kill the dig and your kid is safe, the anxiety goes away.

Clinical anxiety is when that feeling happens for no reason and does not go away. It is constant. It’s constantly feeling as though you’re under attack. Constantly ina state of fight or flight, as if you’re about to be hit by a car. it is because of people with opinions like most of you have posted here that people with anxiety and depression kill themselves rather than seek help.

I know because I suffer from anxiety. If you had been through it, you’d have a different outlook. It’s not just mental, it manifests itself physically as well. True anxiety will eventually kill you, if you don’t do it yourself first.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread