No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Tire set connected/ hope I got my hive bandit #7702037
10/27/22 10:30 AM
10/27/22 10:30 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
I have been having something removing my jar feeders off my hives. I saw some coon scat down the hill and figured it was a coon especially since the jars were 15' from the hive sometimes. But I still thought maybe a skunk since I read they will eat bees.

I thought I would try a tire set with 1.5 Duke. Bait was fish, marshmallows, peanut butter and some jam.

I walked up to the set this morning with my 10 year old. Saw some tore up dirt around the tire but not much and the trap was fired on its side and some fur was in it. I figured a coon pulled out. I was just about ready to step forward and grab the trap when my son excitedly said it's a skunk. Sure enough inside the tire was a skunk. The fur in the trap was attached to a skunk caught by a back foot.
It started moving in reverse and the last I saw its tail was raising above the top of the tire. But by that time I was far away and it didn't spray.

I heard a low velocity shot to the chest will lower the chance of them spraying but have not tried it. My last few were In body grips. So I think I will take one of the boys air guns.

Now I'm wondering did I get my bandit or did the skunk just happen by. But all my feeders were still in place this morning so the skunk was most likely the culprit.

Now to get close enough to see it inside the tire and get a good chest shot. My bet is my bee yard is going to stink for a week or so.

What's the best way to avoid spraying?

Last edited by Providence Farm; 10/27/22 10:34 AM.
Re: Tire set connected/ hope I got my hive bandit [Re: Providence Farm] #7702041
10/27/22 10:36 AM
10/27/22 10:36 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Do not discuss dispatch in the open. Keep it to PMs.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread