No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Cuts of meat and young folks #7705326
10/31/22 03:17 PM
10/31/22 03:17 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Went into the local meat store. Young lady behind the counter. Ordered 6 loin chops. Got that look from her like "What is that" . Explained what i needed and pointed to it. They had both. Rib and loin chops.
Next, asked for two porterhouses and got the same look. Then she called them t-bones. Those so called t-bones sure do have a nice fillet mignon on them at a t-bones price. Treager will be fired up real soon.
Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Cuts of meat and young folks [Re: SGT. C] #7705348
10/31/22 04:03 PM
10/31/22 04:03 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Not to steal your thread, but I bought some burgers and stuff at McDonalds. It came to $10.50. I gave the young lady a ten and a 50 cent piece.

You smiled and looked at me and said, "What is this?" She was referring to the 50 cent piece. She had to go to the manager to find out that it was real money and she could accept it.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Cuts of meat and young folks [Re: SGT. C] #7705351
10/31/22 04:09 PM
10/31/22 04:09 PM
Southeast KY
K
K91773 Offline
trapper
K91773  Offline
trapper
K

Southeast KY
At least she is working but you are right it sure is easy to derail the thought train a lot of times, a while back my wife and I had grabbed a couple fast food burgers the total was 11 dollars and change, well she handed the person at the window a 20, a 1 and the correct change. I looked at her and said now you have done it, what should have been an easy transaction where the clerk handed her 10 dollars in change resulted in a complete meltdown right there in front of everyone. An older worker came over and asked what was going on the clerk showed them, they handed my wife a 10 and order was restored to the universe.

Re: Cuts of meat and young folks [Re: SGT. C] #7705355
10/31/22 04:18 PM
10/31/22 04:18 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
That's funny you said that. Try and give them a $2 bill and see what happens. Same goes for a Susan B. Anthony.
Bought something the other day . Came to $1.06. Gave him a dollar, a quarter and a penny. Total -$1.26. Expected 2 dimes back. Got a quarter and a nickel. Tried to explain he shorted his till. He said it was correct. I smiled and thanked him.
Todays youth can't do math without a calculator or electronic registar.
In my day, you learned to make change in your head and count it back. Lost art if you ask me.
Sarge

Re: Cuts of meat and young folks [Re: SGT. C] #7705359
10/31/22 04:26 PM
Southeast KY
K
K91773 Offline
trapper
K91773  Offline
trapper
K

Southeast KY
Exactly at the first store I worked at if you didn't count the change back to the customer the owner would speak to you about it and forget the digital registers telling you how much change to give, the register we had was electric but was still push button and actually had a crank that went into the side of it so you could use it if the power went out. I often wish we could go back to those simpler times.

I had a new employee in their early 20s riding with me one day and we stopped in a little country store and got lunch, I had forgotten my wallet that day and he looked like he was in a Walton's rerun when I told the clerk to just put it on my account and they pulled out the card file found my card and wrote it down no questions asked. Unfortunately, most of those old stores are falling to the wayside, I stopped in one I hadn't been to in a while the other day and gone were the hot lunches and familiar faces replaced with youngsters and a complete line of drug paraphernalia and vaping products, a sign of the times I guess.

Re: Cuts of meat and young folks [Re: SGT. C] #7705360
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by SGT. C
Went into the local meat store. Young lady behind the counter. Ordered 6 loin chops. Got that look from her like "What is that" . Explained what i needed and pointed to it. They had both. Rib and loin chops.
Next, asked for two porterhouses and got the same look. Then she called them t-bones. Those so called t-bones sure do have a nice fillet mignon on them at a t-bones price. Treager will be fired up real soon.
Sarge

I can see where the T-bone and porterhouse look very similar and have the same bone almost , just are different parts of the loin.

there should be charts and it is a Meat store her training should be there , but they are probably just happy she doesn't Ignore customers or steal from the till.

If she had the training to know the difference she would probably be in the back making $5 an hour more cutting them than selling them.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Cuts of meat and young folks [Re: K91773] #7705373
10/31/22 04:42 PM
10/31/22 04:42 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Originally Posted by K91773
Exactly at the first store I worked at if you didn't count the change back to the customer the owner would speak to you about it and forget the digital registers telling you how much change to give, the register we had was electric but was still push button and actually had a crank that went into the side of it so you could use it if the power went out. I often wish we could go back to those simpler times.

I had a new employee in their early 20s riding with me one day and we stopped in a little country store and got lunch, I had forgotten my wallet that day and he looked like he was in a Walton's rerun when I told the clerk to just put it on my account and they pulled out the card file found my card and wrote it down no questions asked. Unfortunately, most of those old stores are falling to the wayside, I stopped in one I hadn't been to in a while the other day and gone were the hot lunches and familiar faces replaced with youngsters and a complete line of drug paraphernalia and vaping products, a sign of the times I guess.

Yep,had the same set up at a store in Aabama(Dad's side of family). Relatives would send me down there and put it on the family tab.

One time when i just out of boot camp, i stopped by and saw a shotgun i wanted and they had. It was one of those mom and pop stores that sold anything. The lady reconized my last name and asked who my grandmother was. I told her and that she had passed. The lady said went to school together. She said i could take the shotgun with me and pay for it later. Any grandson of my friend was good enough for her. I paid for then and left. The lady passed before i could come back through from overseas. I still have that shotgun today. The store is now is gone.
Sarge

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread