No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Abortion..... [Re: charles] #7709100
11/04/22 09:02 PM
11/04/22 09:02 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by charles
Abortion is not a government responsibility. Up to the man and woman who created the fetus. Sad, but I just don't think a politician has a vote in the matter. Not a decision to be made lightly. I think a waiting period is appropriate, but not an outright ban.

up to the moment of birth?

Re: Abortion..... [Re: Buzzard] #7709102
11/04/22 09:03 PM
11/04/22 09:03 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
@warrior Im not saying Pagan is the issue, Im just saying that the origin of religions is why there are so many. There is not an entire accepted timeline universal across them, so I would expect anybody who has devoted themselves to a certain religion would push back very hard on somebody trying to tell them how it all started.

Re: Abortion..... [Re: charles] #7709107
11/04/22 09:06 PM
11/04/22 09:06 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by charles
Abortion is not a government responsibility. Up to the man and woman who created the fetus. Sad, but I just don't think a politician has a vote in the matter. Not a decision to be made lightly. I think a waiting period is appropriate, but not an outright ban.

Just call it what it is, it's a baby. That baby is what loses all liberty when it loses its life. Not the man and not the woman.

Re: Abortion..... [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7709109
11/04/22 09:07 PM
West GA
T
T-REV Offline
trapper
T-REV  Offline
trapper
T

West GA
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
Originally Posted by T-REV
Im far from a church going man but I know enough that Christianity doesn’t teach you to hate others who don’t believe what you believe. Don’t get me wrong I see plenty of Christians that judge others over the simplest things but then again that goes for anyone that is religious or not. I would follow the Christian word any day over Muslim. They teach that you are rewarded for killing others who don’t follow your faith.

Didn't christians kill people for not being christians?

I have no doubt that some did but kid yourself all you want to the Christians I have been around have never cut the heads off their enemies.

Last edited by T-REV; 11/04/22 09:08 PM.
Re: Abortion..... [Re: warrior] #7709110
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by warrior
I believe all Canadians worship a king. Do you respect that?

Wrong again-Keep on picking and grinning.

You worship a King-King Trumpet,lol.

Last edited by Boco; 11/04/22 09:08 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Abortion..... [Re: Buzzard] #7709111

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

The biblical writers, inspired by God, wrote many words for the unwise, foolish, unrepentant, unbelieving peoples. Pagan was only used in Leviticus.
Abortions are conducted on believers and unbelievers at about the same rate (or so the stats say?) and there are many reasons for that.
Make no mistake, there are MILLIONS of women who have done what in their heart of hearts they know is wrong. And shame, guilt and anger fester for very long periods of time.
Ask any therapist or counseling clergy who deals with these issues about the staggering numbers of the messed up lives because of abortion.

But it's all hush, hush. Suffer in silence and cheer what you've done people say!
Why doesn't anyone speak as loud of the human carnage human abortion leaves in a woman's heart?
Why? Because the hot-potato of "human rights" and so-called "my body, my choice" have hijacked this basic human decency construct.
People killing other people is not normal and not how God makes us.
So it goes on and will continue to go on as long as we are an unrepentant people.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Abortion..... [Re: Buzzard] #7709115
11/04/22 09:10 PM
11/04/22 09:10 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
All I know is if your claiming that getting an abortion is sacrificing your child to a cow god lots of christians are cow god worshipping too.

abortion dont sit right with me. neither does telling someone else i can better make that decision for them than they can.

pretty funny how fast a god fearing christian will change their mind on abortion when their daughter has to put all her plans on hold cause of a whiskey fueled after prom party, or get an abortion.

lots of people tell their kid, no dont do it but lots more insist on it. they dont tell the church deacon about it, they hide it, but they still do it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Abortion..... [Re: Providence Farm] #7709116
11/04/22 09:11 PM
11/04/22 09:11 PM
Maine
Griffin21 Offline
trapper
Griffin21  Offline
trapper

Maine
Originally Posted by white marlin
where does Jesus ever say to hate anyone?

Why did god destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?? tell me about the abomination... and why you think he did the right thing.

Originally Posted by MattLA

You do understand that trying to tell somebody how a certain religion started is considered hate right? That literally is the basis for every religious argument involving other religions, which is where did everything start. Just saying.

Its is not hate, it is just truth. all christian type holidays have a basis in another religions celebration. Who was Santa Clause?? what does the easter bunny represent? Easter hare to be exact.
where did the naughty or nice list come from?

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Griffin I believe you must have ben going to the wrong church or have a major misunderstanding if you came away in any way believing Christianity requires you to hate anyone. It calls for just to opposite and for you to love everyone.

You seem to be easily offended if the word pagon bothers you. It is infact how those religions are referd to. Regardless of who coined the term.

LOL, everyone always wants everyone to be offended. I don't get mad about what strangers on the internet say.
It is offensive in the way that I would refer to your god as cloud man repeatedly. or if someone just repeatedly called you a racial slur instead of your name.

Like I've said, I'm not offended. I think you should believe what you want to. I just don't partake in your brand religion.

Last edited by Griffin21; 11/04/22 09:14 PM. Reason: grammar - messy quotes

“A Man who is doing his True Will has the inertia of the Universe to assist him.”

“The key of joy is disobedience.”
Re: Abortion..... [Re: ] #7709121
11/04/22 09:18 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Mark June
Griffin,
You have to read the rest of the story.
To see the divine plan and love involved.
Or you miss that same God sending His only Son to die for people (all) who hate Him.
Any of us willing to do that for an enemy?
Not me.

Blessings,
Mark

Ole boy, you need to realize how you come across with your words, wording. You have a holier than thou about you and it's the reverse of appealing. If your still in seminary you need to approach the head person and ask for bedside manner, meekness. You need to find the way to turn people on to Christ, not send them running. Also, your first post was about born infants and nothing about abortion.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Abortion..... [Re: Boco] #7709123
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by Boco
Bobo, show me but just one example where Mark has disrespected anyone. Just one.

Getting your feelings hurt or conscience singed is not disrespect.

Hearing something you disagree with isn't either or I would consider you the most disrespectful member here.

Quit picking your nose so much-your starting to show the earlysigns.

Its not nice to put down other peoples beliefs. Peoples beliefs should be respected,but show disrespect and it comes back in your face.

griffin is spot on in his observation.

BOCO you're very good at your trade , very exceptional in trapping.
Stay with what you know.
JMHO You haven't kept up on world events as far as trusting in others views.
You only see what seems to be leftist ideals.
Only one so called religion asks their followers to lie and kill non belivers !
And if you have read the bible , God never promised anything but everlasting life.
No virgins or any other pagan promises.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Abortion..... [Re: Buzzard] #7709125
11/04/22 09:19 PM
11/04/22 09:19 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
A preacher with a dagger purple and black
Is tearing sacred pictures on my naked back
Hey Preacher! And he smiles in return
I think you wanna see me burn
Tell me Lord-does anyone know the answer.

"Frank Marino"

Re: Abortion..... [Re: warrior] #7709126
11/04/22 09:21 PM
11/04/22 09:21 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
I believe all Canadians worship a king. Do you respect that?

That's ignorant.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Abortion..... [Re: Griffin21] #7709127
11/04/22 09:22 PM
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

Originally Posted by Griffin21
Originally Posted by white marlin
where does Jesus ever say to hate anyone?

Why did god destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?? tell me about the abomination... and why you think he did the right thing.

you didn't answer my question. Sodom and Gomorrah were several thousand years before Christ.

Re: Abortion..... [Re: Buzzard] #7709128
Maine
Griffin21 Offline
trapper
Griffin21  Offline
trapper

Maine
Originally Posted by Boco
Bobo, show me but just one example where Mark has disrespected anyone. Just one.

Getting your feelings hurt or conscience singed is not disrespect.

Hearing something you disagree with isn't either or I would consider you the most disrespectful member here.

Quit picking your nose so much-your starting to show the earlysigns.

Its not nice to put down other peoples beliefs. Peoples beliefs should be respected,but show disrespect and it comes back in your face.

griffin is spot on in his observation.

Thank you BOCO this means a lot coming from you.

“A Man who is doing his True Will has the inertia of the Universe to assist him.”

“The key of joy is disobedience.”
Re: Abortion..... [Re: Catch22] #7709131
11/04/22 09:23 PM
11/04/22 09:23 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Originally Posted by Catch22
Originally Posted by Mark June
Griffin,
You have to read the rest of the story.
To see the divine plan and love involved.
Or you miss that same God sending His only Son to die for people (all) who hate Him.
Any of us willing to do that for an enemy?
Not me.

Blessings,
Mark

Ole boy, you need to realize how you come across with your words, wording. You have a holier than thou about you and it's the reverse of appealing. If your still in seminary you need to approach the head person and ask for bedside manner, meekness. You need to find the way to turn people on to Christ, not send them running. Also, your first post was about born infants and nothing about abortion.

X2
You said it very well.

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: Abortion..... [Re: danny clifton] #7709139
11/04/22 09:29 PM
11/04/22 09:29 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by danny clifton
All I know is if your claiming that getting an abortion is sacrificing your child to a cow god lots of christians are cow god worshipping too.

abortion dont sit right with me. neither does telling someone else i can better make that decision for them than they can.

pretty funny how fast a god fearing christian will change their mind on abortion when their daughter has to put all her plans on hold cause of a whiskey fueled after prom party, or get an abortion.

lots of people tell their kid, no dont do it but lots more insist on it. they dont tell the church deacon about it, they hide it, but they still do it.

I expect those who decide to have abortions have fallen under the same spell as Narcissus.

Re: Abortion..... [Re: Jerry Jr.] #7709141
11/04/22 09:30 PM
11/04/22 09:30 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
Originally Posted by T-REV
Im far from a church going man but I know enough that Christianity doesn’t teach you to hate others who don’t believe what you believe. Don’t get me wrong I see plenty of Christians that judge others over the simplest things but then again that goes for anyone that is religious or not. I would follow the Christian word any day over Muslim. They teach that you are rewarded for killing others who don’t follow your faith.

Didn't christians kill people for not being christians?

With any group of people man is involved. Men are flawed and broken and have been since the fall and sin enrltered the world. Just becuse some people claim to b x and dobwrong does not mean that are following the biblical teaching of Christ or that they represent the entire group. Any more than becuse a group of gay men are men that becuse you are a man you must be gay.

Re: Abortion..... [Re: Buzzard] #7709142
11/04/22 09:31 PM
11/04/22 09:31 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
I think I like this Griffin. He or She brought game, kudos!

Re: Abortion..... [Re: Buzzard] #7709143
11/04/22 09:32 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I expect some people when between a rock and a hard place choose the rock and others the hard place. never been in that boat and i am glad of it

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Abortion..... [Re: Buzzard] #7709144
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Ohio Wolverine.
If you stick to your own criteria for posting,You should have about one or maybe two posts a year.
Until then dont profess to know what other people know or dont know.

Last edited by Boco; 11/04/22 09:34 PM.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread