No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7717857
11/14/22 10:22 PM
11/14/22 10:22 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Millions if not billions

[Linked Image]
Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7717879
11/14/22 10:47 PM
11/14/22 10:47 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Ok, just to make sure everybody understands. The crypto block chain 100% can be broken, there are no cryptos that I know of that are immune, it would defeat the entire point of crypto. Remember the transaction ledger and the crypto miners solving the math problems to confirm and record each transaction? Well imagine there are only 100 people crypto mining the crypto coin you want in a perfect world for all of those people to belong to different groups or organizations. The reason is because say 55 or 60 of those people want to go rogue, they quite literally can mess with the transaction ledger and change it completely. Now understand that the crypto coin owner along with the rest of the crypto miners are going to fight this hardcore, and they do. There have been a few incidents where this has caused people to lose money, but there are a lot of safe guards against that now. So bottom line is that you never want too much of one group to be confirming transactions, its better for everybody remember decentralized is king.

So since you asked about FTX, exchanges dont "really" do all the wallet and blockchain transactions like they should. The only time it really happens is when the crypto leaves your wallet to the exchange wallet or any crypto leaving the exchange. So what that means is if you send algorands to the coinbase wallet, until that crypto leaves coinbase, everything you see on your screen is more or less fake or not really representative of all the actions that "look" like its taking. I dont 100% know the exact method of what FTX did, but I assume they moved everybodys funds that was already into a FTX account, to another FTX account, then they sent those to Almeda for a loan. In theory if you were just tracking your own crypto coins, you definitely would have been able to see on the transaction ledger when they went from FTX to Almeda. The likelyhood though is so low and remote, because again your wallet still reflects the correct amount of crypto coins. Even if you wanted to sell them or move them off, FTX likely had enough actual capital to let you make that move. However once news hit, and the selloff of FTX's crypto, they are basically stuck up a river without a paddle because they dont have the required money for people to selloff FTX's crypto for the value its worth. It sucks because these guys are morons, and just like it was said here, you never keep your crypto on the exchanges for that vary reason among other things.

There was no hacking or phishing for wallet passwords as far as I know, recommendation is always to write your password and recovery seeda(just words to restore your wallet if you forgot your password)on a piece of paper that you keep in your safe deposit box.

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white17] #7717883
11/14/22 10:50 PM
11/14/22 10:50 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by white17
Frozen orange juice !! laugh...My favorite movie

Favorite movie?

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7717914
11/14/22 11:26 PM
11/14/22 11:26 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Its the biggest Ponzi scheme in US history. It Makes Berny Madoff look like a saint.

So what really happened is Ukraine was using US aid and partnered with FTX( to invest our aid money in crypto) to then donate our aid back to the democrat party.

Its actually money laundering.

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7717929
11/14/22 11:43 PM
11/14/22 11:43 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Trading Places

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: yukonjeff] #7717933
11/14/22 11:46 PM
11/14/22 11:46 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
Its the biggest Ponzi scheme in US history. It Makes Berny Madoff look like a saint.

So what really happened is Ukraine was using US aid and partnered with FTX( to invest our aid money in crypto) to then donate our aid back to the democrat party.

Yup, to put it plainly in simple terms. The democrat party assisted by the republican party takes money out of our pockets in the form of income taxes deducted each week from our paycheck.
This money is then sent to Ukraine, or plug in the cause of the week, Ukraine then buys/invests/spends with entities connected to the democrat or republican party by means of social/donor or family class.
These entities then in turn "donate" a portion of the proceeds to the democrat or republican party in the form of campaign and PAC donations to ensure the right individuals get elected or reelected to keep the gravy train going.

WE the people are being stolen from to enrich the powerful elite.

The very thing Eisenhower warned us about long ago.

[Linked Image]
Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: SNIPERBBB] #7718011
11/15/22 05:31 AM
11/15/22 05:31 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
One company colllapsed, really hasnt been a market crash.

Didn’t crash? 67,000 down to 16,000 !!! What would you consider a crash !! For you percentage driven investors what percentage is that loss !!!!

Last edited by jbyrd63; 11/15/22 05:32 AM.
Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7718013
11/15/22 05:40 AM
11/15/22 05:40 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Not to single out anyone but was wondering if the 100,000 value will be reached THIS January since last January didn’t happen? I read one article that said Bitcoin would teach 1 million in 3 years If it does the Lotd just needs to come on back finish mankind’s run because he’s too stupid to deserve to exists!!

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: jbyrd63] #7718019
11/15/22 06:04 AM
11/15/22 06:04 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
One company colllapsed, really hasnt been a market crash.

Didn’t crash? 67,000 down to 16,000 !!! What would you consider a crash !! For you percentage driven investors what percentage is that loss !!!!

Dude, learn about context, or better yet just stay out of these threads. A 10% drop in a week is not a crash.

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: jbyrd63] #7718074
11/15/22 07:59 AM
11/15/22 07:59 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Not to single out anyone but was wondering if the 100,000 value will be reached THIS January since last January didn’t happen? I read one article that said Bitcoin would teach 1 million in 3 years If it does the Lotd just needs to come on back finish mankind’s run because he’s too stupid to deserve to exists!!

Nope not this January and seeing as you are calling me out I didn' say it would last January either. Just so eople who are reading know, what I said is it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: Steven 49er] #7718199
11/15/22 11:36 AM
11/15/22 11:36 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Frozen orange juice !! laugh...My favorite movie

Favorite movie?

Trading Places....Eddie Murphy

Mean As Nails
Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: MattLA] #7718202
11/15/22 11:44 AM
11/15/22 11:44 AM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by MattLA
Ok, just to make sure everybody understands. The crypto block chain 100% can be broken, there are no cryptos that I know of that are immune, it would defeat the entire point of crypto. Remember the transaction ledger and the crypto miners solving the math problems to confirm and record each transaction? Well imagine there are only 100 people crypto mining the crypto coin you want in a perfect world for all of those people to belong to different groups or organizations. The reason is because say 55 or 60 of those people want to go rogue, they quite literally can mess with the transaction ledger and change it completely. Now understand that the crypto coin owner along with the rest of the crypto miners are going to fight this hardcore, and they do. There have been a few incidents where this has caused people to lose money, but there are a lot of safe guards against that now. So bottom line is that you never want too much of one group to be confirming transactions, its better for everybody remember decentralized is king.

So since you asked about FTX, exchanges dont "really" do all the wallet and blockchain transactions like they should. The only time it really happens is when the crypto leaves your wallet to the exchange wallet or any crypto leaving the exchange. So what that means is if you send algorands to the coinbase wallet, until that crypto leaves coinbase, everything you see on your screen is more or less fake or not really representative of all the actions that "look" like its taking. I dont 100% know the exact method of what FTX did, but I assume they moved everybodys funds that was already into a FTX account, to another FTX account, then they sent those to Almeda for a loan. In theory if you were just tracking your own crypto coins, you definitely would have been able to see on the transaction ledger when they went from FTX to Almeda. The likelyhood though is so low and remote, because again your wallet still reflects the correct amount of crypto coins. Even if you wanted to sell them or move them off, FTX likely had enough actual capital to let you make that move. However once news hit, and the selloff of FTX's crypto, they are basically stuck up a river without a paddle because they dont have the required money for people to selloff FTX's crypto for the value its worth. It sucks because these guys are morons, and just like it was said here, you never keep your crypto on the exchanges for that vary reason among other things.

There was no hacking or phishing for wallet passwords as far as I know, recommendation is always to write your password and recovery seeda(just words to restore your wallet if you forgot your password)on a piece of paper that you keep in your safe deposit box.

That is pretty much what happened. FTX moved client funds into FTX wallets and then loaned those funds to Alemeda. The wire fraud rears its head at that point because FTX terms of service clearly state that no client funds will be or may be loaned without client's express approval. Since this TOS is posted electronically within the USA it constitutes wire fraud because it is obviously a false statement. IT also gives the DOJ and the SEC jurisdiction to investigate and prosecute

Mean As Nails
Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7718236
11/15/22 12:43 PM
11/15/22 12:43 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Yeah, well its unfortunate, but again for crypto you just dont really need nor should you store your coins on the exchange. Now there is some money laundering deal, I havent seen any real evidence of that, it is suspicious that there does seem to be a lot of conflicts of interest here. However, no matter what way you look at it, there almost certainly would be evidence buried in the transaction ledger. Even if we cant say 1 for 1 in terms of this dollar was exchanged for , amount of crypto coins with the serial number, we can use a general date range to track things to see where they went.

We can even look at it the ledger freeze frame really, and just sew whats going on. There are a few ways that I know of that you could technically launder, but imo there are enough "things" that LE could piece together to figure it out. Really if it did happen, I guess the tax benefit could be worthwhile but maybe thats it. Again obviously if it did happen, both parties are guilty according to the donation records.

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: yukonjeff] #7718251
11/15/22 01:21 PM
11/15/22 01:21 PM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Originally Posted by yukonjeff

BINGO!!
Worth the watch, even a Madoff involved...

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7718294
11/15/22 02:20 PM
11/15/22 02:20 PM
alberta
S
spjones Offline
trapper
spjones  Offline
trapper
S

alberta
[Linked Image]

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7718312
11/15/22 02:43 PM
11/15/22 02:43 PM
alberta
S
spjones Offline
trapper
spjones  Offline
trapper
S

alberta
Stray missiles now landing in Poland????

Convenient timing??

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: spjones] #7718323
11/15/22 02:55 PM
11/15/22 02:55 PM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Originally Posted by spjones
Stray missiles now landing in Poland????

Convenient timing??

Quick, send another 50 billion!!!!

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white17] #7718349
11/15/22 03:44 PM
11/15/22 03:44 PM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
[quote=Steven 49er][quote=white17]

Trading Places....Eddie Murphy

I figured as much. It's hard to come of as sarcastic on the web. Maybe I needed more exclamation points and a couple LOLs.

Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7718360
11/15/22 04:02 PM
11/15/22 04:02 PM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri
Their balance sheet had a line item that said "Trump lose". That kid was the second biggest donor to the Democratic party this year. Not hard to draw conclusions.

Ol dad

"I season my food with hunger"
Re: why no threads on crypto collapse? [Re: white marlin] #7718429
11/15/22 06:04 PM
11/15/22 06:04 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia

[Linked Image]