No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: patrapperbuster] #7718994
11/16/22 11:23 AM
11/16/22 11:23 AM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Walmart just had their biggest sales increase in years. It was led by cheaper food prices than the other stores. They still have lower sales on hard goods but even it that they lead the others.

Last edited by rex123; 11/16/22 11:24 AM.
Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: patrapperbuster] #7719002
11/16/22 11:30 AM
11/16/22 11:30 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
employees are a real issue

not just Walmart
Walgreens used to be 24 hours a day or at least till 10pm or midnight if you needed meds late
now they close at 8pm
8am to 8pm that is it and a few times enough people called in sick and they closed the whole store. they call the hospital and the radio stations announce it.

Dollar generals around the area have and interesting combination either they are being sent much more than they sell for stock or the employees don't haev time to put it away so several times in area towns the fire department comes through and closes them down. they can open again when they have the isles clear to fire exits again and get inspected.
you would think that corporate would get those storage units for outside like many other stores are using but they don't.

a lot of places just close now , short staffed plan to be open again Thursday

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: foxkidd44] #7719028
11/16/22 12:03 PM
11/16/22 12:03 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
Walmart is loosing money according to them,, they have actually fired upper crust management, and are running stores severely understaffed,,, which causes stores to underperform,,, when stores underperform, they lose money,,, so Walmart will shut the store down. Walmart is loosing employees and can’t hire help because it’s actually a cluster.it’s more than nobody wants to work.. it’s simply because it’s not as good a job as some think. As a former employee of 10 years, I can attest to how it is. Walmart wants to run on as few employees as it can,,, sometimes one associate has to be responsible for 5-6 departments,,,, that’s why you can’t get help,, because usually that associate is desperately trying to get a task finished or trying to help another customer. When you get 2000 piece trucks everyday,, the workload can pile up,,, and it gets even worse around the holidays. Then associates have to contend with customers who sometimes treat them like crap. That’s why Walmart is suffering

The 2-3 associates always standing near the exit every time I leave don't appear overworked.

Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: Wanna Be] #7719038
11/16/22 12:17 PM
11/16/22 12:17 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Maybe they can’t anyone to work…

They actually can't, even many on the payrole won't work! Most of the stores look like a homeless camp!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: patrapperbuster] #7719052
11/16/22 12:39 PM
11/16/22 12:39 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Big box stores, like Walmart, made mom and pop stores close.
Now internet sales are making big box stores close. Now fuel prices
and international politics are going to make it go in another direction.
The only constant is change

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: Turtledale] #7719183
11/16/22 03:19 PM
11/16/22 03:19 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The younger working generations order much more stuff on line. They are also more inclined to have curb side pick up so they don't wander through the large stores. Adding to that fact is that many of the older shoppers are finding it hard or difficult to shop in these huge stores they just don't have the engergy and or desire to be walking miles to get things they need. Some of the stores lately are actually being constructed in a smaller foot print to mee those needs. Much of that stopped when COVID hit and we weill see where this goes in the future. We still have another decade of more persons retiring per year then going into the work force so there will be a continued decline in those who want to spend a lot of time pushing carts when they can pay someone else to do it for them. One way to keep labor costs lower is to hire a lot more part time and or seasonal help, it is just a real circus to manage that.

Bryce

Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: patrapperbuster] #7719192
11/16/22 03:35 PM
11/16/22 03:35 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
This...."companies can't find workers" was being discussed this morning in the shop.

Maybe this group can answer the big question no one seemed to be able to this morning. Where did all the workers go in the last 2 years?????
This wasn't a big issue just a couple years ago. Restaurants had waitresses, stores were open all day, ect, ect.

Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: bblwi] #7719193
11/16/22 03:37 PM
11/16/22 03:37 PM
St. Cloud, MN
trapperkeck Offline
trapper
trapperkeck  Offline
trapper

St. Cloud, MN
Originally Posted by bblwi
The younger working generations order much more stuff on line. They are also more inclined to have curb side pick up so they don't wander through the large stores. Adding to that fact is that many of the older shoppers are finding it hard or difficult to shop in these huge stores they just don't have the engergy and or desire to be walking miles to get things they need. Some of the stores lately are actually being constructed in a smaller foot print to mee those needs. Much of that stopped when COVID hit and we weill see where this goes in the future. We still have another decade of more persons retiring per year then going into the work force so there will be a continued decline in those who want to spend a lot of time pushing carts when they can pay someone else to do it for them. One way to keep labor costs lower is to hire a lot more part time and or seasonal help, it is just a real circus to manage that.

Bryce

I just saw a news story where Target plans to start building stores some 20K SQ ft larger than their current stores.? I assume there will be hoverounds for all at the store entrances..

"The voice of reason!"
Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: trapdog1] #7719205
11/16/22 03:52 PM
11/16/22 03:52 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
Walmart is loosing money according to them,, they have actually fired upper crust management, and are running stores severely understaffed,,, which causes stores to underperform,,, when stores underperform, they lose money,,, so Walmart will shut the store down. Walmart is loosing employees and can’t hire help because it’s actually a cluster.it’s more than nobody wants to work.. it’s simply because it’s not as good a job as some think. As a former employee of 10 years, I can attest to how it is. Walmart wants to run on as few employees as it can,,, sometimes one associate has to be responsible for 5-6 departments,,,, that’s why you can’t get help,, because usually that associate is desperately trying to get a task finished or trying to help another customer. When you get 2000 piece trucks everyday,, the workload can pile up,,, and it gets even worse around the holidays. Then associates have to contend with customers who sometimes treat them like crap. That’s why Walmart is suffering

The 2-3 associates always standing near the exit every time I leave don't appear overworked.

an attempt at loss prevention

they are trying for a balancing act does it cost more per order to hire a cashier or to let people check their own and "miss" a couple things

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: patrapperbuster] #7719210
11/16/22 03:59 PM
11/16/22 03:59 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Must be eyeing everyone covertly while standing there talking.

Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: hippie] #7719215
11/16/22 04:01 PM
11/16/22 04:01 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by hippie
This...."companies can't find workers" was being discussed this morning in the shop.

Maybe this group can answer the big question no one seemed to be able to this morning. Where did all the workers go in the last 2 years?????
This wasn't a big issue just a couple years ago. Restaurants had waitresses, stores were open all day, ect, ect.

From what I've seen, they don't want to work. What I wonder is how they are supporting themselves.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: hippie] #7719218
11/16/22 04:04 PM
11/16/22 04:04 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by hippie

everyone who could retire did any one 62+ and a bunch in their 50s

A LOT of parents with kids decided that one of them would not go back to work after covid because daycare was such an issue and they valued the time with the kids

100% of the baby boomers are >65 now

anyone who had a low level job moved up or over to another company for more pay , better benefits and more time off.

the younger workers value their time off , they are more likely to have room mates or keep living with mom and dad so they can work one job and take every minute of time off they can.
both the company I work for and the company the wife works for added more vacation time this year

I was max at 200 hours and now I will have 240 if everyone gets another week off work then you need more people to do their jobs when they are not there.

I bet you can think of someone who earned but hardly ever took vacation time or did it a few hours here or a day there , now people want long weekends and weeks off.

all of that added up

the largest age demographic leaving the work force
lots of parents leaving the work force
more vacations to cover

we were already running record low unemployment under trump 2.9% basically anyone who was employable and wanted to work had a job
then a bunch retired people I never thought were going to retire at work , they did we have 100 people and had 5 retire
and a bunch stayed home with kids
if 5% retired and 5% stayed home and you were at 2.9 now it would be more like -7.1 but since the same 2.9% are still un-hireable nor want to work it is like -10%
now you have a a worker deficit

Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: patrapperbuster] #7719227
11/16/22 04:09 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
That is a good explanation, greencountypete.

Re: Many Walmarts are closing [Re: patrapperbuster] #7719228
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
When visiting my son in Salt Lake City it’s a daily thing multiple times…. He hits his phone buttons and next day usually or the day after things are on his doorstep. Non stop it seems, he goes tramping thru stores for very little.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread