No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Many of the TMan threads have the same theme #7721554
11/19/22 10:14 AM
11/19/22 10:14 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Immorality. And it has one source. Sin.

Those who are in church leadership, all of whom are sinners, live more and more in our time where people believe the enemy is “anything that limits the free play of individual desire.” I was reading a Gospel Coalition article today which summarizes quite well where we are, and what church leaders must decide - especially for themselves.

"There’s nothing that constrains desire more than orthodoxy. For Christian institutions, orthodoxy is based primarily on the Bible but also on the creeds, catechisms, and other writings of earlier believers. For the promoters of sexual immorality, this enemy—orthodoxy—must be overcome so individual desire can reign more fully.

If this preference for unconstrained desire was merely limited to the “woke,” Christian organizations wouldn’t have much cause for concern. But opposition to constraints on desire is part of the American DNA. Indeed, far too many Christians pay lip service to biblical ethics while giving their full allegiance to the neopagan ethic of “Do what you will, so long as it harms none.” Constraints shouldn’t be in place, they believe, unless there’s clear and obvious harm done to other people by allowing the behavior."

Never has what other people done not effected a society. Of course it does. We are that people.
And the unorthodox among us have fully declared war on what has been handed down once for all by the saints.
Of that, there's no doubt.
It gives a perspective to all things.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721570
11/19/22 10:32 AM
11/19/22 10:32 AM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Thank You Mark and AMEN!

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721574
11/19/22 10:36 AM
11/19/22 10:36 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Look at a Paul Washer video on regeneration vs. decisionism and you'll see where the church went wrong. I agree with Washer 100%.

Last edited by Posco; 11/19/22 10:36 AM.
Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721577
11/19/22 10:39 AM
11/19/22 10:39 AM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Mark, you’re well respected by the community. I respect you as well, so don’t take this the wrong way, but....

What makes you feel this way?

We may be experiencing moral decay in today’s world, but I dont think Trapperman forums fall under that blanket statement.

I just read over the first 4 pages of thread topics and I didn’t see the Sodom and Gomorrah theme I was expecting. Happy birthdays, beavers, otters, wool socks, Camera projects, deer hunting, land pricing, trap lines, and so on are what I saw.

What’s so wrong with the direction these kid friendly threads are heading in your opinion?

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721590
11/19/22 10:55 AM
11/19/22 10:55 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
I think pride, look at what I've done, needing your reward from mankind is right there with sexual immorality in today culture. Doesn't the Bible say for one hand not to do what the other is doing so we shall not boast of our good deeds (paraphrasing of course)

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721611
11/19/22 11:36 AM
11/19/22 11:36 AM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
The moral decay outside of TMan is far greater and much more concerning

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721613
11/19/22 11:37 AM
11/19/22 11:37 AM
michigan, usa
W
wildlifeartist1 Online content
trapper
wildlifeartist1  Online Content
trapper
W

michigan, usa
Sorry what are biblical ethics ?

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721651
11/19/22 12:34 PM
11/19/22 12:34 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Ironically,You just made another one.lol.

Last edited by Boco; 11/19/22 12:35 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: Boco] #7721788
11/19/22 04:35 PM
11/19/22 04:35 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Boco

A truism.

Hope all is well Boco up there in winter wonderland.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: Actor] #7721799
11/19/22 04:58 PM
11/19/22 04:58 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Actor
Thank You Mark and AMEN!

Garry-

I was reading something I'd never hear of before; Neuhaus's Law: which is;
"Where orthodoxy is optional, orthodoxy will sooner or later be proscribed (forbid; especially by law).”

Christianity is an exclusive faith. Jesus, the Son of God said so. But here in the 21st century, we live during a time where immoral behavior, under the banner of "diversity," is gaining unprecedented legal ground. And historical orthodox views are continuously being outlawed... primarily because they are "exclusive."
Immorality isn't diverse, it's perverse, and it ruins lives at so many levels.

We've not yet reached the pinnacle of our culture's immorality, but we will because we're heading in that direction rapidly.
Lies are now championed as truth, and truth is mocked as being obsolete and open to anyone's opinion.

I've always appreciated being a trapper in a culture that in my life time has become during my life time... the era of "animal rights." I'm an outcast.
And so it is with orthodox faith. America is no longer a Christian nation and in that people say, "We don't talk politics or religion 'round here!" So many of use who are believers are outcasts here also.
Which I don't mind cause being a trapper is a wonderful training ground for people's "opinions." Kinda like being Last of the Mohicans in many respects (Love that movie!)

Ok. How about we talk about what is truth and what is not.
It should start in our houses of worship where small concessions, conceded in the name of "fair" have cascaded into an unorthodox, liberal theology and are succumbing to Neuhaus's Law.
It's all quite fascinating and God's got all this, and it's comforting to realize there is one Truth for all things.
Makes it easier to make the big decisions in life.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: Posco] #7721813
11/19/22 05:27 PM
11/19/22 05:27 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Posco
Look at a Paul Washer video on regeneration vs. decisionism and you'll see where the church went wrong. I agree with Washer 100%.

That message is the Truth. Worth every second! Thanks Posco!

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721814
11/19/22 05:30 PM
11/19/22 05:30 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by Boco

A truism.

Hope all is well Boco up there in winter wonderland.

Blessings,
Mark

Alls well Mark,caught a little more fur today.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721836
11/19/22 06:03 PM
11/19/22 06:03 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Online shocked
trapper
Gary Benson  Online Shocked
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Thank You Mark and AMEN!

Garry-

"Where orthodoxy is optional, orthodoxy will sooner or later be proscribed (forbid; especially by law).”

Christianity is an exclusive faith. Jesus, the Son of God said so. But here in the 21st century, we live during a time where immoral behavior, under the banner of "diversity," is gaining unprecedented legal ground. And historical orthodox views are continuously being outlawed... primarily because they are "exclusive."

We've not yet reached the pinnacle of our culture's immorality, but we will because we're heading in that direction rapidly.
Lies are now championed as truth, and truth is mocked as being obsolete and open to anyone's opinion.

I've always appreciated being a trapper in a culture that in my life time has become during my life time... the era of "animal rights." I'm an outcast.
And so it is with orthodox faith. America is no longer a Christian nation and in that people say, "We don't talk politics or religion 'round here!" So many of use who are believers are outcasts here also.
Which I don't mind cause being a trapper is a wonderful training ground for people's "opinions." Kinda like being Last of the Mohicans in many respects (Love that movie!)

It should start in our houses of worship where small concessions, conceded in the name of "fair" have cascaded into an unorthodox, liberal theology and are succumbing to Neuhaus's Law.
It's all quite fascinating and God's got all this, and it's comforting to realize there is one Truth for all things.

Blessings,
Mark

The hospital where my lady works just hired two homos in Human Relations. Two homo nurses came to work at the hospital. They demand to use the women's locker room.
Moral decay as Mark described. Some of the nurses in that dept are going to use the locker room in another department. I say cut off their balls and penis and let them change wherever they wish.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: Posco] #7721862
11/19/22 06:54 PM
11/19/22 06:54 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Posco

Exceptional Posco.
Truly, verily, Amen.

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721894
11/19/22 07:42 PM
11/19/22 07:42 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
Immorality. And it has one source. Sin.

Now, that's what i call abstract thinking.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721912
11/19/22 08:02 PM
11/19/22 08:02 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
i apologize for my response of "abstract thinking".

I'm sure there must be something to the OP's thinking that didn't come through to a secular thinking guy like me.

Please show me an example to get me on track.

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: T-Rex] #7721954
11/19/22 08:36 PM
11/19/22 08:36 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
According to Meyers Briggs personality surveys, US adults are 70% extroverted and 30% introverted. Being extroverted is not only about being more outgoing or talkative it is how we respond or don't respond to others.
Extroverts basically get their self worth or ego by the actions and statements and status of others while introverts are more internally referenced. So it is no wonder we adults are quite easily swayed or react based on how we feel we are perceived by others. Yes extroversion-introversion is on a continuim with a large portion of either being closer to the center of each.
I can see where our personality preference can also have a very major impact on how we receive religion or Biblical messages. We have become a culture of more individual comes first and when you think about a high percentage of us as extroverts that need attention, not suprising as to how our society is functioning. Being recognized even for poor behavior is to many better then not being recognized at all.

Bryce

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721970
11/19/22 08:46 PM
11/19/22 08:46 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
I am probably a secular introvert.

I still have no idea what this thread is all about.

Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: T-Rex] #7721988
11/19/22 08:56 PM
11/19/22 08:56 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by T-Rex
I am probably a secular introvert.

I still have no idea what this thread is all about.

Matthew is the place to start.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Many of the TMan threads have the same theme [Re: ] #7721990
11/19/22 08:57 PM
11/19/22 08:57 PM
Maine
Griffin21 Offline
trapper
Griffin21  Offline
trapper

Maine
Thank You Mark and AMEN!

Garry-

Blessings,
Mark

So are you saying that everyone who doesn't share in your religious view should be forced to practice it anyway?

What are some examples of this immoral behavior?
Exactly what is the list of morals by which everyone should be measure by?

“A Man who is doing his True Will has the inertia of the Universe to assist him.”

“The key of joy is disobedience.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread