No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
the ripples of war... #7722994
11/20/22 11:05 PM
11/20/22 11:05 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
A couple of weeks back, I had posted 2 videos, one from the Ukie side and one from the Rus side of SP guns playing cat-n-mouse shoot and scoot tactics in the autumn mud over there. JP made the comment of "retards fighting retards" and that may surely be, especially at the leadership levels of the opposing sides. The problem with that thought is that the consequences of the fighting doesn't necessary stay with the warring parties.

Larry Johnson had an interesting short essay the other day giving some details on how the economic ripple effect from the Ukraine War is hitting the rest of Europe and probably also adds another "whammy" to the U.S. economic woes. Johnson doesn't have his "company" contacts anymore to see if the intel people told the main western leaders that more economic sanctions were probably not going to hurt the Russians much or if the leadership just ignored the counsel. Knowing the great brain trust of Sniffy, Blinken or Nod, Jake the Skinny Snake, Bad hair day BoJo, Loser Liz and the other mental midgets running the U.S. and U.K. governments, I suspect it was the latter. Although I trust the current generation of intel services about as far as I can collectively throw them. More economic mayhem to come as it truly gets into winter, both over there and probably here.

https://sonar21.com/russia-is-winning-the-economic-war/

By the way, the Russian ruble has been trading better against the USD for most of the war, certainly by early summer, than before Feb 24, 2022 when bad, mad Vlad had his boys cross the National Geographic map line...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: the ripples of war... [Re: NonPCfed] #7723004
11/20/22 11:15 PM
11/20/22 11:15 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

You mention "retards fighting retards". I think it could more accurately labeled drunkards fighting drunkards. I don't think the west has a realistic grasp of the alcohol problem in that part of the world.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: the ripples of war... [Re: NonPCfed] #7723018
11/20/22 11:34 PM
11/20/22 11:34 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
waggler- I like that phrase better. Thanks for the update.

How's your mixed Slavic church group you know up there doing? It must be truly painful for folks who's extended families reality is not just some digital construct by various parties away from life on the ground.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Re: the ripples of war... [Re: NonPCfed] #7723081
11/21/22 03:39 AM
11/21/22 03:39 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

^^^^^^
Thanks for asking.
Yes, it is painful, like I've mentioned, my church is mostly Russian, but quite a few "mixed marriages" (Russian and Ukrainian). Since the conflict began our church has grown by probably 25%; mostly Ukrainian refugees. There is no animosity between the two groups; just sorrow.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: the ripples of war... [Re: NonPCfed] #7723195
11/21/22 09:01 AM
11/21/22 09:01 AM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline OP
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline OP
trapper

se South Dakota
Since the conflict began our church has grown by probably 25%; mostly Ukrainian refugees. There is no animosity between the two groups; just sorrow.

Sad, just very, very sad. I pray for blessings in the end for all your church friends and their families.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread