Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Another tip from a legend [Re: coondagger2] #7738261
12/08/22 07:16 PM
12/08/22 07:16 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by coondagger2
Boco, there is a right and a wrong way to promote trapping and the trapping lifestyle. The wrong way is by making snide remarks and criticizing those that have been fighting extremely hard to maintain that way of life in their state. That is what Matt is doing and that is where I find an issue. There’s nothing at all wrong with being passionate about an issue, but don’t talk down to others on a situation you know nothing about until you have a little skin in the game

I dont disagree with that but there is no need to denigrate the guy.That will just alienate a potential ally.
He likely took that defensive attitude in response to the name calling.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Another tip from a legend [Re: wytex] #7738380
12/08/22 08:46 PM
12/08/22 08:46 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline OP
trapper
MattLA  Offline OP
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by wytex

I kind of doubt LA led the world in trapping. Some Northern folks would have something to say about that. I think folks in Hudson Bay area and the Rockies have done more for the trapping and fur industry than your Louisiana guys. But hey, you seem to know it all so come on up and show us how it's done.
I'm betting that stick trick wouldn't work so well up here with snow.

Which year do you want to compare? Like I said, nobody was even remotely close to Louisiana. They next closest state would have to trap 3 season to even match what we did in 1 year. This is just these few years, there are many more like it. Take out squirrels For Wisconsin and they drop significantly, but add ours in and the gap widens even more.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by MattLA; 12/08/22 11:16 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91