No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Violence #7779342
01/22/23 11:25 AM
01/22/23 11:25 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline OP
trapper
Getting There  Offline OP
trapper
G

West Michigan
When you read most data on Gun violence it will include Suicides with Gun's, why? Suicides make up about 25-35% of gun violence death. I know it play's into the Gov. plan. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Violence [Re: Getting There] #7779371
01/22/23 12:06 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
because they need the 30K suicides to pad the stats or it doesn't look like a problem.

10K homicides and 30K suicides to make it look like a 40K issue so yes 3/4 of the "gun Deaths" are suicides

it makes it look like a huge suicide issue , but the suicide rate isn't much different in many other developed counties.

better questions , why wen we know dozens of stats that are mandatory reporting by law enforcement. yet when it comes to things like mass shootings , media reports are the standard.
why because it is a crime to miss report , but bad journalism has become the norm.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Violence [Re: Getting There] #7779372
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
I think you answered your own question.
Guns are bad! The Idiot says he is going to ban assault weapons. Then all will be well.

Re: Violence [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7779375
01/22/23 12:12 PM
01/22/23 12:12 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
because they need the 30K suicides to pad the stats or it doesn't look like a problem.

10K homicides and 30K suicides to make it look like a 40K issue so yes 3/4 of the "gun Deaths" are suicides

it makes it look like a huge suicide issue , but the suicide rate isn't much different in many other developed counties.

better questions , why wen we know dozens of stats that are mandatory reporting by law enforcement. yet when it comes to things like mass shootings , media reports are the standard.
why because it is a crime to miss report , but bad journalism has become the norm.

Why hasn’t bad journalism corrected itself like bad food service or any other bad service?

-Goofy-
Re: Violence [Re: Getting There] #7779400
01/22/23 12:46 PM
01/22/23 12:46 PM
NC
B
bowhunter27295 Offline
trapper
bowhunter27295  Offline
trapper
B

NC
Because they keep getting paid.

How many lies will people believe before they realize their own idiocy?
Re: Violence [Re: Getting There] #7779405
01/22/23 12:50 PM
01/22/23 12:50 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I grew up in a world where every family I knew had a gun. Most families had several. Not kept as weapons but tools for hunting or killing predators. We live in a different world now. Many many people think of guns only as weapons. They really dont see any other reason to own one except as a weapon. Most people are just sheep. Fearful creatures who just follow the flock. Ever been at an intersection where the light wont change for some reason. Now you can bet most of those people suspect a faulty switch but they still just sit there. You pull out of line and drive through anyway and then they all follow. Sheep. Afraid. Think laws can protect them.

If all your food choices are bad hobbie its not going to do much good to boycott one. Some one else will pick that one as the least bad of the bad.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Violence [Re: danny clifton] #7779427
01/22/23 01:34 PM
01/22/23 01:34 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I grew up in a world where every family I knew had a gun. Most families had several. Not kept as weapons but tools for hunting or killing predators. We live in a different world now. Many many people think of guns only as weapons. They really dont see any other reason to own one except as a weapon. Most people are just sheep. Fearful creatures who just follow the flock. Ever been at an intersection where the light wont change for some reason. Now you can bet most of those people suspect a faulty switch but they still just sit there. You pull out of line and drive through anyway and then they all follow. Sheep. Afraid. Think laws can protect them.

If all your food choices are bad hobbie its not going to do much good to boycott one. Some one else will pick that one as the least bad of the bad.

A gun makes a fine weapon... But is also a useful tool.

I have a whole drawer full of knives in my kitchen that would make deadly weapons... But they see use for food prep and eating. I also carry a wire skinning knife in my tool bag. The blade is an inch long with a square end like a straight razor. But it will flay you to the bone.

I own several axes, hatchets, hammers, and saws... All are potentially lethal if used with lethal intent.

My Stihl Farm Boss would make a mess of someone in short order if I wanted to use it like that.

You can kill someone with a 2x4 or a 2 foot length of 1" rigid steel conduit...

A decent hunk of red oak firewood would make a fine instrument to bludgeon someone...

A Bic pen between the ribs...

A rock held in the hand or in a handkerchief or pillowcase...

I can't count the number of times I've sliced my thumb on my rifle flints...

A pointed tree branch...

How far are stupid people willing to go to prevent evil people from harming others?

What's it like to live in abject fear of inanimate objects?

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Violence [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7779458
01/22/23 01:59 PM
01/22/23 01:59 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

Why hasn’t bad journalism corrected itself like bad food service or any other bad service?

$$$$$$$$$$ not much money in honesty and correcting your story$$$$
your not selling news papers your selling views in 20xx
the reader is the product not the consumer

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Violence [Re: Mike in A-town] #7779460
01/22/23 02:02 PM
01/22/23 02:02 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Originally Posted by danny clifton

A gun makes a fine weapon... But is also a useful tool.

I have a whole drawer full of knives in my kitchen that would make deadly weapons... But they see use for food prep and eating. I also carry a wire skinning knife in my tool bag. The blade is an inch long with a square end like a straight razor. But it will flay you to the bone.

I own several axes, hatchets, hammers, and saws... All are potentially lethal if used with lethal intent.

My Stihl Farm Boss would make a mess of someone in short order if I wanted to use it like that.

You can kill someone with a 2x4 or a 2 foot length of 1" rigid steel conduit...

A decent hunk of red oak firewood would make a fine instrument to bludgeon someone...

A Bic pen between the ribs...

A rock held in the hand or in a handkerchief or pillowcase...

I can't count the number of times I've sliced my thumb on my rifle flints...

A pointed tree branch...

How far are stupid people willing to go to prevent evil people from harming others?

What's it like to live in abject fear of inanimate objects?

Mike

the thing is none of those things are good at taking out the Tyrants troops , so they will be much further down the list to prohibit
don't worry they get to it , look at England no pointed knives , because while that inch long blade on your wire stripper is razor sharp , you need 2-3 inches of piercing depth to render single strike incapacitation in under a minute most of the time , yes you can get some very key locations.
they can stitch up knife wounds reasonably often
unless you can get an artery , lung or heart.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 01/22/23 02:06 PM.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread