No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Got out fishing.. [Re: JD Nichols] #7815981
03/08/23 07:04 PM
03/08/23 07:04 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by JD Nichols
Very nice. I was ice fishing in Trempealeau yesterday. had a nice perch fry for dinner tonight. When I left the lake my spud went through in 2 spots. Guess I'm done there. Oh well, I have sap to cook now!

I managed to get out this morning early again before had come in for doctor appointment. Was eating my noon lunch when got paged for guy threw the ice at Tremplealeau Round lake. I didn't get in to big a rush because caller said he was just threw the ice. Then said out of the hole crawling towards shore. We like to get everyone moving in that direction if they end up needing divers. But it really up to local fire first responders to get someone on surface. It is a 20-30 minute run for most our people and consider mutual aid call. Anyways guy got crawled to shore in his truck drove off before first cop even got location.. At which point everyone except local closes unit got cancelled off. They were going to try to catch him on road coming out.
Ice is getting bad fast now. Get some rain next couple days best to stay off or slide out in skiff. Can be a foot thick and if candled going to fall threw.

Here is todays mornings catch smallest 16 inches biggest 18+. I had one fish was over 20 I put back today. Yesterday I was hungry for fish today I didn't feel need to keep it.

[Linked Image]

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Got out fishing.. [Re: Macthediver] #7816027
03/08/23 07:59 PM
03/08/23 07:59 PM
Wisconsin
M
Mad Scientist Offline
trapper
Mad Scientist  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
You guys that catchem one at a time sure have the patience lol

Re: Got out fishing.. [Re: Mad Scientist] #7816034
03/08/23 08:09 PM
03/08/23 08:09 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist

Mad
DNR won't let me drag big nets for them eyes lol.

I saw a big flat boat and an airboat docked at center landing at goose the other day. I know airboat wasn't yours but seen it around goose before. I was wondering if was any of your fishing crew. Looked like they were waiting for someone else before heading out.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Got out fishing.. [Re: Trapper7] #7816129
03/08/23 10:09 PM
03/08/23 10:09 PM
St. Cloud, MN
trapperkeck Offline
trapper
trapperkeck  Offline
trapper

St. Cloud, MN
Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by trapperkeck
Nice fish! I remember a day back in Nebraska when we fished out of the boat below Gavin's Point Dam, then pulled the boat on to the ice above the dam on Lewis & Clark Lake to ice fish the evening bite. I imagine, some folks thought we were nuts. Lol

I remember late in the spring when the ice was pretty sketchy. But, the panfishing was really hot. We would pull a 12 foot Jon boat out on the ice in case we fell through. One guy walking on each side. That was when I was young and invincible.

When I say we pulled the boat on the ice, it was a 17' V-bottom on the trailer behind a 3/4 ton pickup. LOL. The ice was 28" thick. Heck, they had tractor trailers out on the ice for a big snowmobile race.

"The voice of reason!"
Re: Got out fishing.. [Re: Macthediver] #7816132
03/08/23 10:11 PM
03/08/23 10:11 PM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Good Catch. Remember I like mine slightly breaded with fries.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: Got out fishing.. [Re: Macthediver] #7816395
03/09/23 07:43 AM
03/09/23 07:43 AM
Wisconsin
M
Mad Scientist Offline
trapper
Mad Scientist  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist

Mad
DNR won't let me drag big nets for them eyes lol.

I saw a big flat boat and an airboat docked at center landing at goose the other day. I know airboat wasn't yours but seen it around goose before. I was wondering if was any of your fishing crew. Looked like they were waiting for someone else before heading out.

Mac

Part of our crew put out at goose Saturday morning but other than that we’ve been putting in at 7th Street.

Re: Got out fishing.. [Re: Macthediver] #7816512
03/09/23 10:37 AM
03/09/23 10:37 AM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline
trapper
H

South Dakota
Originally Posted by Macthediver
Originally Posted by JD Nichols
Very nice. I was ice fishing in Trempealeau yesterday. had a nice perch fry for dinner tonight. When I left the lake my spud went through in 2 spots. Guess I'm done there. Oh well, I have sap to cook now!

I managed to get out this morning early again before had come in for doctor appointment. Was eating my noon lunch when got paged for guy threw the ice at Tremplealeau Round lake. I didn't get in to big a rush because caller said he was just threw the ice. Then said out of the hole crawling towards shore. We like to get everyone moving in that direction if they end up needing divers. But it really up to local fire first responders to get someone on surface. It is a 20-30 minute run for most our people and consider mutual aid call. Anyways guy got crawled to shore in his truck drove off before first cop even got location.. At which point everyone except local closes unit got cancelled off. They were going to try to catch him on road coming out.
Ice is getting bad fast now. Get some rain next couple days best to stay off or slide out in skiff. Can be a foot thick and if candled going to fall threw.

Here is todays mornings catch smallest 16 inches biggest 18+. I had one fish was over 20 I put back today. Yesterday I was hungry for fish today I didn't feel need to keep it.

[Linked Image]

Mac

i call them fryers !! them's perrfect

The only place you find free cheese is in a mousetrap !
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread