No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The bass are headed for the beds! [Re: Leftlane] #8101773
03/17/24 02:12 PM
03/17/24 02:12 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Do y’all not fry anything up north??? Grills are for meat…oil is for fish!! We will take some fillets and cut into chunks and soak in hot sauce, then fry. Or we’ll just batter them and fry like they are. Seasoning comes “spiced” up. Bass, fries, hush puppies, coleslaw, and baked beans can’t be beat. And yeah, coleslaw/baked beans/fries, work with the grilled meat also, lol!

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! [Re: Wanna Be] #8101793
03/17/24 02:42 PM
03/17/24 02:42 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Do y’all not fry anything up north??? Grills are for meat…oil is for fish!! We will take some fillets and cut into chunks and soak in hot sauce, then fry. Or we’ll just batter them and fry like they are. Seasoning comes “spiced” up. Bass, fries, hush puppies, coleslaw, and baked beans can’t be beat. And yeah, coleslaw/baked beans/fries, work with the grilled meat also, lol!

Yessir!! ^^^ that's how we roll^^^^

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! [Re: Leftlane] #8101929
03/17/24 05:37 PM
03/17/24 05:37 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

I've probably eaten fried fish with 100 different batters and I think I liked them all. A well made starter sauce is a must.

SW I am glad she likes to fish too. Good for you.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! [Re: Leftlane] #8101934
03/17/24 05:42 PM
03/17/24 05:42 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I've probably eaten fried fish with 100 different batters and I think I liked them all. A well made starter sauce is a must.

SW I am glad she likes to fish too. Good for you.

She'll clean em too...but I cleaned those we caught today. My man card missed getting punched by that baby beaver a few days ago....lol

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! [Re: Leftlane] #8101997
03/17/24 06:33 PM
03/17/24 06:33 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

LOL- I do all the cleaning but she provides a few sections of pasture all needin the waterin holes checked regularly.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! [Re: Wanna Be] #8102021
03/17/24 06:55 PM
03/17/24 06:55 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

I like yellow perch, walleye, saugeye, bluegill, crappie, and other small sunfish fried. I like bass grilled. I like catfish both ways. I'm not as fond of white bass, but eat it fried.

Keith

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread