Trap Preparation Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
MODs - Ol' Blue's Chain Modification For 1.5's #854659
08/27/08 05:30 PM
08/27/08 05:30 PM
VA
BlueRidgeTrapper Offline OP
trapper
BlueRidgeTrapper  Offline OP
trapper

VA
This post is for those youngn's or those new to trapping. This is the way I modify my chain, I always change out my twin loop chain and add MB crunch proofs to my setups. Some may do it different but this is just my method. The reason for extra swivels is to ensure that there is no damage to an animal's foot which would be the result of your chain kinking up. I also change out the J hook where the chain attaches to the trap. I replace those with #6 J hooks whenever it will fit. With some traps a #6 will not fit, in that case I will use a nail J hook. The chain in the picture is #2 machine chain from Minnesota Trapline Products.

Tools needed for chain modification: S Hook tool, Bolt Cutters, #2 Machine Chain, MB Crunch Proof Swivels

Re: Ol' Blue's Chain Modification For 1.5's [Re: BlueRidgeTrapper] #854760
08/27/08 07:15 PM
08/27/08 07:15 PM
S.E. Minnesota, Caledonia
ingvalsone Offline
trapper
ingvalsone  Offline
trapper

S.E. Minnesota, Caledonia
like this?

Next year $20 grinners, just wait you'll see!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91