No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
California Mountain Lions #6187202
03/14/18 09:12 AM
03/14/18 09:12 AM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline OP
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline OP
trapper
N

New York
FYI if this helps anyone. Meaning if they can get into this, convince them to let you trap, etc. My thought was, "Potential opportunity for someone if they can figure it out..."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/12/mountain-lions-are-popping-up-all-over-the-bay-area/

Re: California Mountain Lions [Re: nyhuntfish] #6187397
03/14/18 12:49 PM
03/14/18 12:49 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
they've been eating people and pets like popcorn out there for a long time now. No way that place would allow the killing of a cat by lowlife trapper.

Re: California Mountain Lions [Re: nyhuntfish] #6187407
03/14/18 12:58 PM
03/14/18 12:58 PM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

The great cage state Colorado
They dug their own hole. Numerous years of only allowing damage control. Then ceased that, Zero management, I hope no children get harmed by the arrogance and stupidity of those in charge,

Re: California Mountain Lions [Re: nyhuntfish] #6187465
03/14/18 01:53 PM
03/14/18 01:53 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Monster toms tragically there already have been children taken. I kept up with the number for a while about 1993? Sick when you really think about it. Odd that the argument for Gun Control "If we can save even one child it is worth it" doesn't apply to scientific predator control. The loonies are running the bin, and I'm sorry to say it is probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better if it ever does. Colorado and several eastern states along with Oregon and Washington are running and howling into the void trying to catch up. When people live in concrete and asphalt jungles and the predators they hear about walk on two legs they forget how violent and final mother nature really is.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: California Mountain Lions [Re: cmcf] #6187486
03/14/18 02:17 PM
03/14/18 02:17 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted By: cmcf
Monster toms tragically there already have been children taken. I kept up with the number for a while about 1993? Sick when you really think about it. Odd that the argument for Gun Control "If we can save even one child it is worth it" doesn't apply to scientific predator control. The loonies are running the bin, and I'm sorry to say it is probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better if it ever does. Colorado and several eastern states along with Oregon and Washington are running and howling into the void trying to catch up. When people live in concrete and asphalt jungles and the predators they hear about walk on two legs they forget how violent and final mother nature really is.

Yup, and you hardly ever hear about this from the main stream media who has a higher regard for the animal than the human being's welfare. Last thing they need would be someone go out and harm these innocent creatures.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: California Mountain Lions [Re: nyhuntfish] #6187527
03/14/18 03:01 PM
03/14/18 03:01 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
It really is mind boggling that a cartoonist has had as much as or more influence on wildlife management than biologist. Walt Disney did a lot to anthropomorphise animals with his movies and cartoons. He made a large fortune by making animals talk and appear to be morally superior to the "evil" people trying to oppress them. And millions of parents joyfully paid their money to have their kids brainwashed.
If this seems like a little harsh, I encourage you to research the origin of the movie Bambi. The original story was written by a refugee from the Nazi. The "hunters" were the Nazis and the forest dwellers were the Jews. The book was banned in Nazi Germany as a political analogy.
It's been a long time since I did the research so I can't provide a "link", I'm confident some of the I T super sleuths on here can find it. Edited due to faulty
memory,sorry my brain don't work as well as it used to.

Last edited by cmcf; 03/14/18 03:23 PM.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread