No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Got a doe ,tending a fawn next to... #6260744
06/15/18 11:31 PM
06/15/18 11:31 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline OP
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline OP
trapper
N

New Hampshire
My son got a video of a Doe walking between our house and the next door neighbors house to tend to a fawn.Theres probably 40 yards to the next door neighbor on that side....and the doe is in the thick stuff.....Pretty cool !...the video was taken at 6:30 PM . This is not the first time....but very elusive.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Got a doe ,tending a fawn next to... [Re: Nessmuck] #6260746
06/15/18 11:38 PM
06/15/18 11:38 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
I have some pictures here somewhere of a newborn fawn deposited directly under my lakeside window, summer before last. The doe left it there a couple days in a row, little thing never moved all day. She came back in the evenings.

I suspect she thought to put the little one there because the wolf pressure is so bad around the place.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Got a doe ,tending a fawn next to... [Re: Nessmuck] #6260756
06/15/18 11:47 PM
06/15/18 11:47 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline OP
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline OP
trapper
N

New Hampshire
And the neighbor on the other side...let his Boxer out for his morning business at 5:30 am the other day....and I heard a gun shot...a loud thunderous shot....loud enough to wake up the whole house....So I go on FaceBook....and the neighbor says “Did you hear a gun shot at 5:30 this morn “ I said yes and it was close..it wasn’t me. He said ...he touched one off...at a coyote, 15 feet from his dog. I said what cal. Gun you use for crying out loud ...he said 30-30... I said how about a .22 next time...he said ,the 30-30 was the smallest cal he owns ..LOL

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread