ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
what should the fee be #3135014
04/25/12 06:43 AM
04/25/12 06:43 AM
ohio foothills
snare1 Offline OP
trapper
snare1  Offline OP
trapper

ohio foothills
hey guys never done damage work before, if i was to drive 20 miles one way to start snaring coyotes on a cattle farm what fee should i ask ? and is it per coyote or per job ? it will be organized through our county damage control officer and passed on to me to do the snaring or trapping , need advice factor in i have a day job . thanks

Men are born with two eyes, but with one tongue, in order that they should see twice as much as they say. OSTA UTK ,, Chicken Lil All Call lure.
Re: what should the fee be [Re: snare1] #3137114
04/26/12 08:17 PM
04/26/12 08:17 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
this gets asked a ton snare1 so don't feel bad that you might not have received any response.
if you know how to use the archive search try that in the adc archive and search for pricing, you
can look back 3 years so plenty there.

the basic answer given most often is cover your time, gas, equipment and overhead (insurance, taxes, etc...)

i know that isn't a fancy answer but everything in business boils down to charging what you need and also
charging what you can in your market that fits the job your doing and the experience you have that you are
offering to your clients.

the other big answer would be don't undersell or oversell yourself. make sure you don't give away your service
and skills and if your on the other end and learning, don't sell for more than you can back up on the ground.

hope that helps in some way or at least backs up what you are thinking.

justin

Re: what should the fee be [Re: snare1] #3137351
04/26/12 10:16 PM
04/26/12 10:16 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
This is the latest information I can find for Ohio
http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1501:31-15-03 it may be updated by now. As soon as you start charging for services, in most states, the rules between fur trapping and ADC operations change. You need to comply with the laws and regulations of your state. For current information for Ohio contact Ohio contact Dept. of Nat Recourses . Hopefully some Ohio ADC operators will provide some useful information.

The ADVANCED SEARCH feature of this forum will find posts back to late December 2006. You won’t believe how much information is available with just a little effort on your part. Feel free to PM me if you have any problems using it.

EDIT: EXAMPLE-

Check bottom result. Remember, this is only an example. What you place in each block will effect the replies. crazy

Last edited by LAtrapper; 04/26/12 11:01 PM. Reason: Added information.

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread