ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
A call to arms for Mass. WCOs #3181354
06/10/12 10:07 PM
06/10/12 10:07 PM
Mass.
T
Trapper Don Offline OP
trapper
Trapper Don  Offline OP
trapper
T

Mass.
Dear Fellow Massachusetts PAC Agent,

You need to be aware that USDAWildlife Services is currently looking to take over certain aspects of wildlife control in Massachusetts (see attached). Wildlife Services (WS) is one of the few federal agencies that actively competes with private sector companies.

Last month I was informed by CSX Railroad that, while he was very happy with my company’s service, he could no longer hire me because Wildlife Services will be doing wildlife control for the railroad. That means that federal employees are using taxpayer money to provide service to a large, private, for-profit corporation!

Wildlife Services was originally formed to provide predator control to underserved farmers and ranchers but today functions using taxpayer money to take jobs away from tax paying small businesses. Wildlife Services has a long-standing reputation as a rogue agency that operates in secrecy using vague doublespeak, endless loopholes, and reams of “scientific data” to justify their existence. As they deem themselves "federal agents" they have a history of not following the same local and state licensing, permitting, and trapping regulations that private wildlife control operators and fur trappers must comply with. A bipartisan request from within the U.S. congress has been made for an investigation into the unfair and wasteful operations of Wildlife Services.

It is most important to note that Massachusetts already has in place a system for dealing with wildlife conflicts. The state Division of Fisheries and Wildlife is in place to monitor, study, and regulate wildlife-related issues. There are open trapping and hunting seasons and out-of-season permitting that sportsmen, fur trappers, and over 150 private wildlife control companies use to prevent or control human-wildlife conflicts. When asked why Wildlife Services feels the need for redundant assessment and control activities, the state director replied “It is confusing, isn’t it?”

A reasonable comparison would be the US Forest Service coming into the state and using tax payer money to provide tree services for anyone that asks . . . while putting private tree companies out of business. Wildlife Services is taking a "back door" approach to attempt to take over wildlife control in this state with no independent oversight, transparency, or requirement for public input. At a time of economic struggle it's unfathomable that an outdated federal agency is seeking to take jobs away from small businesses in Massachusetts.

I have attached a copy of Wildlife Services' solicitation. WS is unwilling to provide a list of whom the document was sent to but it could very well be some of your customers. Please comment to Wildlife Services as requested on the attached document BEFORE JUNE 29! Our response must be in support of Option C in the third paragraph - C) No damage management program conducted by Wildlife Services in the State. Keep the federal government out of our businesses!

I have also contacted my elected officials asking them to support local small businesses and fur trappers and keep Wildlife Services out of wildlife control in Massachusetts. Links to find your representatives are listed below.

Please pass this email along to other PAC agents or trappers who may be impacted by this.

Don LaFountain

Integrated Wildlife Control
PO Box 60169
Florence, MA 01062-0169
Phone: (413) 586-0890 Email: don.iwc2011@gmail.com

http://www.malegislature.gov/People/FindMyLegislator

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Re: A call to arms for Mass. WCOs [Re: Trapper Don] #3181411
06/10/12 10:43 PM
06/10/12 10:43 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Maybe you could get the national trappers association to help you .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: A call to arms for Mass. WCOs [Re: Trapper Don] #3185756
06/14/12 06:40 AM
06/14/12 06:40 AM
rhode island
R
ritrapper Offline
trapper
ritrapper  Offline
trapper
R

rhode island
Don,for what it's worth I sent A letter to my state rep. with all the info, urging him to contact mass. reps on this issue.

Steve Rouleau
New England Wildlife

http://newildlifesolutions.com/
401-330-8168

Re: A call to arms for Mass. WCOs [Re: Trapper Don] #3185766
06/14/12 06:56 AM
06/14/12 06:56 AM
massachusetts
S
swampdonkey Offline
trapper
swampdonkey  Offline
trapper
S

massachusetts
Every letter from anywhere is worth something ritrapper... Thanks man !!

Joe Robidoux
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread