ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Wildlife management areas #4014907
09/23/13 11:17 AM
09/23/13 11:17 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
My Sons youth hunt was amazing to say the least wish it would never ended . My son drew a permit to hunt a state owned 10,000 acer wildlife management area it's mostly managed from ducks but deer as well . When people say my state has no idea how to manage deer I can now say this is not true after hunting this area that has a almost even buck to doe population wow we had a blast thanks to the hard work from the good guys at this area , video was end of the hunt when my son took his second 8 point buck after watching the video think we all got little fired up . This wasn't a hunt as much as adventure seeing it was such a large area to hunt . There's a rd that runs threw it but not open to the puplic . We used a canoe mostly to get around but some how ended up good mile or so away from it but good to know my Sons can pack a buck out .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reGCWBhMkQM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Wildlife management areas [Re: Peskycritter] #4015285
09/23/13 04:56 PM
09/23/13 04:56 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

That was a nice buck. You must be proud.

Re: Wildlife management areas [Re: Peskycritter] #4015310
09/23/13 05:10 PM
09/23/13 05:10 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Pesky, I'm glad I was the first one to respond. Your son will never forget these times with his father. I didn't and my dad has been gone some years now.

Okay, Kugler beat me, but that's no fair, it probably takes less time to post when you live in the same state.

Last edited by Paul Winkelmann; 09/23/13 05:53 PM.
Re: Wildlife management areas [Re: Peskycritter] #4016181
09/24/13 12:25 AM
09/24/13 12:25 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline OP
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline OP
trapper
P

south east michigan
Yes great hunt he won't be saying well my dad dint do anything with me . We went home hung his buck I went out shot a nice doe he cut up his deer then cooked some back strap wow that deer is tasty and he cooked it to perfection .amazing buck getting skining cooking kid I have raised very proud to be his Dad . great times hope he draws a permit again next year I was just starting to learn the place then Bam .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread