ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Roof Rats #6188151
03/15/18 08:20 AM
03/15/18 08:20 AM
Austin Minnesota
Suchlike2 Offline OP
trapper
Suchlike2  Offline OP
trapper

Austin Minnesota
Hi guys. New to this forum. I am on the regular trapping forums quite a bit, but had a weird opportunity come up this morning. I was approached by Executive Vice President of our company this morning about a pest issue we are having at a warehouse. Word got around the Corporate Office that I am a trapper, and I am kind of their last resort. We have discarded a large amount due to issues with roof rats at an outside storage facility we warehouse product.

Sounds like the normal Pest control guy has caught some younger ones with glue boards and traditional pest control methods. There appears to be a couple large females that are avoiding everything he throws at them. In short they are asking me to leave my normal job in our Corporate office and go this warehouse and kill these two rats. I am basically on an all expense paid mission to get this done in short order.

Part of me is thinking about baiting with corn or grain in the rafters and attaching 110's with trip wire between triggers and nailing then on travel routes. Other ideas are connibears along wall edges wot catch them as well.

Maybe I am getting in to something way over my head, but the challenge intrigues me. Do you guys have any ideas that might help me out, or maybe I am better off locating a top notch ADC trapper through this site that is located in Iowa who could help us out. Thanks

Life is short, tomorrow is promised to none of us. Make the best of every day you have
Re: Roof Rats [Re: Suchlike2] #6188456
03/15/18 02:37 PM
03/15/18 02:37 PM
Cumbria England
C
coney catcher Offline
trapper
coney catcher  Offline
trapper
C

Cumbria England
you need one of these [img:center]http://[/img]

A mans heart hardens and grows cold when away from nature
Re: Roof Rats [Re: Suchlike2] #6188478
03/15/18 03:08 PM
Austin Minnesota
Suchlike2 Offline OP
trapper
Suchlike2  Offline OP
trapper

Austin Minnesota
that would be nice

Life is short, tomorrow is promised to none of us. Make the best of every day you have
Re: Roof Rats [Re: Suchlike2] #6188479
Austin Minnesota
Suchlike2 Offline OP
trapper
Suchlike2  Offline OP
trapper

Austin Minnesota
that would be nice

Re: Roof Rats [Re: Suchlike2] #6188561
03/15/18 05:39 PM
03/15/18 05:39 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
My preferred traps for roof rats are Victor snap traps baited with peanut butter and black oil sunflower seeds. Set them against a wall, scatter a few sunflower seeds around the traps.

A few extra traps. I have set as many as two dozen traps in an attic or in crawl space under a home.

Cage traps work well too. Roof rat in a cage trap

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread