ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Dead woodchuck kit/pup? #6246959
05/24/18 03:03 PM
05/24/18 03:03 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline OP
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline OP
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
I caught the female in mid morning, customer text me at about 6pm that a dead one is laying next to trap, I picked it up, no sign if trauma but the home owner swears it's position changed a couple of times ( but she also said its head was gone). Fully intact Caught male adult in same trap an hour ago. Did he kill if?

Let's hear the thoughts

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Dead woodchuck kit/pup? [Re: Michigan Trappin] #6247498
05/25/18 09:38 AM
05/25/18 09:38 AM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Plenty of males kill or attempt to kill offspring especially those who aren’t carrying their genetic line.

Best way to know more would be to necropsy, to the extent of skinning, you should see hemorrhaging if it was killed by another animal.

Something you provably already know but only way I know to verify a kill by another animal is to do this, unless of course you catch it in the act!

Back in the day worked a field study where any dead lamb or sheep had to be skinned to look for bite marks and related trauma.

Can still smell that.... ugh!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread