ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Hagz Brackets #5956407
07/21/17 08:23 PM
07/21/17 08:23 PM
PA
F
Fatdawg Offline OP
trapper
Fatdawg  Offline OP
trapper
F

PA
Ok, I've never been much of a water trapper but I have recently taken on a nuisance muskrat job. This pond is loaded! Anyhow last year for christmas my wife got me some Hagz brackets. I've watched alot of their videos and looks simple and easy to use. So i guess nows a good time to try them out.

Now my question is do you anchor your trap just to the fiberglass rod as in the videos or do you anchor elsewhere as well? Will the 3/8 fiberglass rod hold them as they try to swim off before going under?

Thanks, and again I have a confession, I'm not much of a water trapper!

Re: Hagz Brackets [Re: Fatdawg] #5958409
07/24/17 02:33 PM
07/24/17 02:33 PM
Wisconsin, USA
Traps R Us Offline
trapper
Traps R Us  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin, USA
yes, that's all you do, chain fixed to the rod will be at the bottom, too hard for the rat to take off and the weight of the trap drowns the rat. baiting will be hard to do around summer with plenty of food supply. I tried in spring and no luck at all! Only catches were made using colony traps at den entrances. Good luck!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread