Home

2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!!

Posted By: Patrice

2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 06:54 PM

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We've decided. We will be having a Trapperman Feed at the Fur Takers 50th Anniversary convention in Marshfield, Wisconsin next June. The Feed for the FTA convention will be SATURDAY evening before their auction.

I met with my world famous District 9 black sheep yesterday, and had already checked in with some of our Labor Camp veterans recently and it looks like everyone is on board! What a bunch of great people!!!!!

We already have:

Myself
Zim
Macthediver
Nute
Wayne from the Black Sheep
Tommy from the Black Sheep
Mat from the Black Sheep

and the gleaming D9 grill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make your plans! Get your plane tickets! You'll be hearing from me again! I sure will look forward to seeing lots of you folks there!

Patrice

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

P.S. I will still be doing our traditional Wisconsin Friday Trapperman Feeds, both this September and next September (a few months after the FTA convention). We are assembling a great core group of people, and I thank all of them for being part of this! I will be starting the thread for our 2017 Trapperman Feed in about a week. grin grin grin
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 07:03 PM

WHOOOOPPPPEEEEEE! Looks like it'll be a good time at the old horse barn on multiple occasions. If anyone can pull off two of these deals in one year, its this crew with the whip crack'n Patrice driving the labor crew bus. Hat's off to y'all for volunteering to take this on. I look forward with pleasure to be at both events next year, as well as the WTA event this year.
Posted By: PaulB

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 07:46 PM

Ain't been to Marshfield for a few years,,might need to make that trip
Posted By: Zim

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 08:01 PM

Come on over PaulB, I'd like to shoot the breeze with ya.

Zim

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Zim
Come on over PaulB, I'd like to shoot the breeze with ya.

Zim

I will do my best,,I will even bring some of my keeper FFG for u to c,,,

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Dobbins
WHOOOOPPPPEEEEEE! Looks like it'll be a good time at the old horse barn on multiple occasions. If anyone can pull off two of these deals in one year, its this crew with the whip crack'n Patrice driving the labor crew bus. Hat's off to y'all for volunteering to take this on. I look forward with pleasure to be at both events next year, as well as the WTA event this year.

We sure look forward to seeing you there, Paul! grin
Posted By: hrdtoflw

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 08:30 PM

I may try to make that one. Sounds like a good time. Is there anywhere to get cheese in the area? Lol

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: hrdtoflw
I may try to make that one. Sounds like a good time. Is there anywhere to get cheese in the area? Lol

Cheese in Wisconsin ??? U gotta be kiddin

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 08:38 PM

Ya don't have to travel far Gary, in fact Nelly usually brings some of his own Wisconsin's finest to the feed. Bring Exlax, there will be no shortage of cheese.

Zim

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: PaulB
Originally Posted By: hrdtoflw

Cheese in Wisconsin ??? U gotta be kiddin

Of course I am.
Any beer there? Just kidding again.

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 09:14 PM

I hope to be able to make it
Posted By: huntrap247

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 09:37 PM

Hope to make it.

I also hope to be even closer by then, as I am in the process of fleeing north of the border!

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Zim
Ya don't have to travel far Gary, in fact Nelly usually brings some of his own Wisconsin's finest to the feed. Bring Exlax, there will be no shortage of cheese.

Zim

Too much cheese will stop you up quick, so you gotta drink beer to push it on through. Do they have a campground on site, so a guy can relax w/o traveling to a motel?. It would be nice to sit and yak , watch a fire, and maybe a beverage for good measure!!!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 09:59 PM

There is limited camping at the fairgrounds in Marshfield. Lots of Tman folks camp there.

Not sure if fires are allowed.

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 10:11 PM

Well, we can do without a fire. It sounds like a good time.

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/06/17 11:23 PM

Yes, you can have a campfire there, it is Wisconsin ya know. Just has to be in a ring or something I believe.

Zim

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/07/17 12:08 AM

I'd be good either way. I hope we can make it. If I can, I'll help any way I can.
Posted By: Cletis Richards

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/07/17 12:13 AM

Already have my tables

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/07/17 03:20 PM

C'mon up, PaulB!

Gary, you can roll in with your super luxury cruiser and park it next to the Hogbellies and Trifle Angel mansion. You'll fit right in and we'd love to see you! There is cheese. There is beer. There are so many good things from so many good people. And there are wild turkey kabobs!

Welcome to our humble land, Huntrap! Let us know where you land!

Now that you know we cheeseheads are real, Cletis! You know we'll roll out the red carpet!

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/07/17 05:42 PM

I just checked mileage, and it's 555 miles. That's nothing. The good news is, my vacation time has doubled, so now I have no excuses for not showing up. Hey, if I can go 900 miles for a dog, I think that there are no limits. We'll just make a week of it. It will be good to see you and Zim again. Woohoo
Posted By: brocky 100

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/08/17 12:23 AM

Some of the best cheese curds in Wisconsin are at a factory on hwy 10 a couple miles west of town. Always stop an get a few pounds when passing through that area.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/08/17 02:12 AM

Don't think I'll make it this year Patrice. I will either be hunting bear but hopefully cutting a bear. Have a good one!

Moosetrot
Posted By: canine louie

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/08/17 02:18 AM

Hey if I work the district election thing correct I my be available to partake in these festivities!

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/08/17 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Moosetrot
Don't think I'll make it this year Patrice. I will either be hunting bear but hopefully cutting a bear. Have a good one!

Moosetrot
My heart beat just stopped Moosey, but good luck on your trip and I will be thinking of you'

Good luck. zim
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/08/17 04:01 PM

Do you want some help to keep this thread near the top until it can get pasted one week before the event?
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 08/08/17 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Nittany Lion
Do you want some help to keep this thread near the top until it can get pasted one week before the event?

LOL, the event is next year. That's a long time to bring it to the top. It'll have plenty of exposure as the event gets closer.

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 01/23/18 11:28 PM

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thought I'd bring this one up again so you can all MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!!!!!!!!

The FurTakers 50th Anniversary Convention will be Thursday, June 28 - Saturday, June 30 at the Central Wiscosnin Fairgrounds in Marshfield, Wisconsin. Plan to stay the night on Saturday night so you can join us for the Trapperman Feed and stick around for the auction!

This my chance to do another national TMan Feed here in Wisconsin, and I sure hope I get to meet more of you who travel to conventions. Come on up to cheeseland! grin (We won't be up in Escanaba.)

Here is the WTA home page with a link to the FTA convention info.
http://www.wistrap.org/

We're ordering pork right now. Things going on behind the scenes already ...

We can't wait!!! The TMan Feed Labor Camp and the D9 Black Sheep are organizing ... laugh laugh laugh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 01/24/18 01:55 AM

Y'know, Patrice, that convention does not fall on my anniversary weekend! Just might have to try to make it!

Moosetrot
Posted By: AJE

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 01/24/18 03:00 AM

I'm thinking it will be a "can't miss" event.

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 01/24/18 03:15 PM

It'll probably be the last national convention for which I organize a feed. The logistics make it really difficult to plan a feed at an out of state location. I know what I have to work with at Marshfield. It's a good spot that works for us.

It will be different to have the Feed on Saturday night, but that's what works for the FTA schedule and we'll try to do our best. If we do this right, maybe we'll draw more people who will be there Saturday night for their auction too. That's a win-win.

You guys should plan to stay Saturday night and overeat and visit and make the drive home Sunday morning!
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 01/24/18 03:23 PM

By having it on Saturday night; It may? hopefully? convince some of the vendors to stay all day Saturday and not pack up early.

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 01/25/18 06:34 PM

I know Paul is staying over Saturday night, but I'm not sure that changes what time he starts to pack up his stuff. I'm just glad he's able to stay and join us!

Maybe some others won't pack up so early if they know they're staying.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 01/26/18 12:34 AM

See you all down there .

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 03/03/18 09:38 PM

Just bringing this one up to the top for an update.

The D9 Black Sheep are getting into position.
We already have 6 to 10 people signed up for Labor Camp.
We already have 150 pounds of pork coming from Robert Waddell.
We already have arrangements for the seasoning and smoking of the pork.

Things are happening ... Stay tuned!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 03/19/18 11:54 PM

Just noticed that Tom & Nancy Oar from Mountain Men will be at the Fur Takers' Rendezvous!!!

grin grin grin

Re: 2018 FTA Trapperman Feed in Wisconsin? - YES !!!!! - 05/28/18 02:04 PM

As soon as I get my district rendezvous wrapped up in Reedsburg on Saturday, I will switch gears to start organizing this Trapperman Feed for the end of June.

I know that right now, many of you are already thinking about what you would love to bring to our Feed. I will start an official thread and get it organized soon! I can't wait to see so many of you there!!!

Patrice
© 2024 Trapperman Forums