Home

PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap

Posted By: skippyturtle

PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 08:47 PM

If anyone here hears of a PA yote that was shot in a trap close to the OH line there is a guy on archery talk that did it. Just did it today.

So driving home from work today I get near the PA/OH line and notice a coyote out in the field. I slow down and see it is stuck in a trap. Now I hate coyotes as much as the next guy but I hate traps even more. I hate seeing anything suffer, and this thing was pulling its tail off trying to get out of the trap. So I cross over into Ohio and go home to get my bow. Come back over to PA and walk 200 yds down into a POSTED field and put an arrow through this thing. So I’m sure I broke a few laws but I don’t really care, I hate seeing anything suffer. Was I right or wrong?

If someone could make the pgac aware as well because i dont believe the guy has a pa license either. Lets band together and let it be know we do not need this kind of "help"!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 08:52 PM

how do we get to him??would informing the game co. be possible???really jerks my chain and should be an open and shut case. mad
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 08:55 PM

which forum within archery talk?
Posted By: Nd native

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 09:07 PM

Good luck getting a Game and Fish officer to go through all the work of serving search warrants on an online forum for user data to include the IP addresses of the user, and then serving another on the Internet Service Provider to identify the user account holder information of that poster, and then getting them to go out to talk to the account holder and ascertaining whether or not they did it. Also you need the victim of the case, who's coyote was arrowed, to come forward, otherwise a crime was never committed to even begin investigating. Unless their is suspicion that the perpetrator lacks a license in that state. Either way, lots of work, and hi-tech work, for a game and fish officer.

That said, it would be nice for all those piece's to fall in to place and see someone charged for this sort of thing. People lack brain cells today, and putting an arrow in to a trapped coyote is just ridiculous. Also I'm not sure how that's any more humane of a dispatch then what most trappers do.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 09:07 PM

found it - http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5249083&page=182
Posted By: Chrisld

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 09:12 PM

I can't remember my password on there. He needs to be told that what he did is illegal and he's not a hero but a prick
Posted By: LeviSS

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: DaYooper14

Page 15, post #4522
Posted By: RiversNorth13

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 09:24 PM

Some are giving it to him .
He needs to be delete with .
He knew he broke the laws .
People get in trouble all the time on social media.

Posted By: Hoppytrapsfur

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 09:35 PM

Read it. Everyone on the site told him he was wrong! Said he would take whatever, put his name there, may not use the language I'm thinking here.

Will
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 09:48 PM

Friend of mine traps the line though not all of it. He is well connected with the warden. Is the shooters name on the post?
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 09:48 PM

Theres some real idiots out there.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 10:45 PM

rather find a coyote in my trap bow shot than rifle or shotgunned. ought to be salvageable at least
Posted By: imiller

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 10:49 PM

if i was the trapper my coyote and trap would be stolen as well, just how my luck goes. i deal with some real jack wagons in wash. county sometimes.
hope that guy gets handled appropriately... and smacked around some
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 10:57 PM

Can't understand it, just unbelievable all the way around
Posted By: Finster

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 11:39 PM

Game commission should be contacted. Is the victim a member here? Anyone know?
Posted By: coyote44

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 11:48 PM

If you don't like animals in traps then what are you doing on this forum?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/12/17 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: coyote44
If you don't like animals in traps then what are you doing on this forum?

He wasn't, he was on a different forum

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: DaYooper14
which forum within archery talk?

Bowhunter and bowhunting showcases the go to the ohio rut updates thread and it is on page 181

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: danny clifton
rather find a coyote in my trap bow shot than rifle or shotgunned. ought to be salvageable at least

Here's what the shooter said on the bottom , probably a 3" expandable .

I see he deleted the town "Negley" out of his post now too , just says Ohio . laugh
Posted By: cablejohn

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 12:17 AM

I live near there. May hear something.
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 12:27 AM

Sounds like a scum bag.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 12:42 AM

Seems odd a bowhunter would have a problem with trapping. Most appreciate coyotes getting thinned out. Probably an anti on a hunting site and made the whole thing up.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 12:48 AM

Seems odd a bowhunter would have a problem with trapping.

I don't know...about 18 years ago, I was checking traps and my dad was along. I'd caught a small bobcat in a coyote set. this was at 8:30 am.

as we approached the 'cat, a bowhunter came out of the woods and said it's a good thing we came by when we did, because he was getting ready to "put it out of its misery" with a broadhead.

Idjet!

there was no open season on cats at the time.

Dad and I released it unharmed.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 12:49 AM

Probably someone that hasn't shot anything all year and had a easy picking shot . laugh

Betting we'll hear more about this , news travels fast nowadays with so many people on the Web .
Posted By: waggler

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 01:27 AM

Crossing State lines to commit a wildlife crime may be a Federal Lacey Act violation. Whether or not you have to take the wildlife back across the State line I'm not sure about.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 01:32 AM

Might be many violations, trespassing, tampering, no small game license ,if needed , list could get big .

Posted By: keystone

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 01:41 AM

Well hopefully he can get prosecuted. It would be a happy ending to a story. So many trappers take a beating and justice is hardly ever served. If they would start prosecuting to the fullest extent of the law things like this would be less common. I'm sure theres a pile of no, no's here but when it's all said and done half of more will get dropped and he'll get a slap on the wrist.
Posted By: SetNSteel

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 01:45 AM

He's been reported. To authorities and the moderators of archery talk. Nothing will happen of course but it chaps my hind end.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: SetNSteel
He's been reported. To authorities and the moderators of archery talk. Nothing will happen of course but it chaps my hind end.

Hopefully something does happen. If it doesn't it's outright ridiculous. He broke alot of laws and bragged about it on a public forum. The proof is already there, all law enforcement has to do is follow up.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: keystone

Hopefully something does happen. If it doesn't it's outright ridiculous. He broke alot of laws and bragged about it on a public forum. The proof is already there, all law enforcement has to do is follow up.
Trouble is that he lives in Ohio and this happened in PA. They will probably have to wait until they can get him in the state, if they get off their arses and do anything at all.
Posted By: waggler

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 02:17 AM

^^^^^^^^
That's the kind of case where the Feds come in. That would make me really worry; the Feds...much worse consequences if they were to pursue the case and prosecute.
Posted By: wildflights

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 02:21 AM

The Mods at Archery Talk deleted all of the posts.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: wildflights

The Mods at Archery Talk deleted all of the posts.

Good thing there are screenshots here smile

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 02:31 AM

Was his real identity figured out or just the forum info?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 03:04 AM

I already heard the PGC has the screen shots .
Words on the Web travels at light speed .

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 03:12 AM

Sorry I have not posted much on this. I was hunting when I saw his post and told him he was wrong and then made this thread. Then had some deer come in and shot a doe so I been busy taking care of her. It really chaps my arse that he did what he did and thought it was fine.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 03:13 AM

I sure hope they can nail him. Yes that was me that told him he needs to be hammered
Posted By: wwc

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 03:24 AM

Skippy keep us posted please
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 03:28 AM

Seems odd a bowhunter would have a problem with trapping...

Depends on whether or not he used a crossbow. laugh

Mike

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 03:28 AM

Just seen the post where an admin said there was no harm no foul! So i guess poaching is not a foul unless it is a deer

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 03:33 AM

Messaged the administrator and waiting on a response.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: skippyturtle
Just seen the post where an admin said there was no harm no foul! So i guess poaching is not a foul unless it is a deer

Why did they delete his post if there is no foul then ?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: RiversNorth13

Why did they delete his post if there is no foul then ?

Million dollar question

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 08:14 AM

Here's his mugshot I found

Lives in Columbiana County on Dyke Rd below the dam on Lake Tomahawk. He is the Lead foreman for Honeywell in Fombell PA.
Posted By: DezertTrapper

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 09:21 AM

Lives in Columbiana County on Dyke Rd below the dam on Lake Tomahawk. He is the Lead foreman for Honeywell in Fombell PA.

Gawd, sometimes I just love the internet!! The guy messing with legally set traps in NV not long ago is apparently in hot water. I'm SO glad!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 09:44 AM

Will be making a call to the Pennsylvania Game Commission in a few hours. With everything I found this evening they should be able to AT LEAST pay him a visit at work.
Posted By: Whauburger

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 10:02 AM

I had a post that got deleted from the thread. I guess they seem more concerned with keeping the thread on topic of Ohio rut updates.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 01:30 PM

So walking home from the line today I get near the property line and notice 3 tree stands out in the woods. I slow down and see they are stuck on perfectly good oaks. Now I hate tree stands as much as the next guy but I hate cripple sticks even more. I hate seeing anything suffer, and these things were strangling those trees for 2 years in a row. So I cross over into my place and go home to get my sp-10 . Come back over to the line walk 200 yds down into a POSTED woods and put several super duty copper buffered tri-loads through these things. So I’m sure I broke a few laws but I don’t really care, I hate seeing any live tree suffer. Was I right or wrong?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 01:35 PM

laugh

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Wright Brothers
So walking home from the line today I get near the property line and notice 3 tree stands out in the woods. I slow down and see they are stuck on perfectly good oaks. Now I hate tree stands as much as the next guy but I hate cripple sticks even more. I hate seeing anything suffer, and these things were strangling those trees for 2 years in a row. So I cross over into my place and go home to get my sp-10 . Come back over to the line walk 200 yds down into a POSTED woods and put several super duty copper buffered tri-loads through these things. So I’m sure I broke a few laws but I don’t really care, I hate seeing any live tree suffer. Was I right or wrong?

You both might be in the same jail cell togather. grin

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 04:45 PM

Nice work! Get him!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Whauburger
I had a post that got deleted from the thread. I guess they seem more concerned with keeping the thread on topic of Ohio rut updates.

Overly concerned with protecting one their own. Says something about the Mod over there.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 05:09 PM

Well it seems the state of Pennsylvania doesn't really give a hoot. No law broken as far as they are concerned. State law doesn't allow for them to pursue trespassing charges unless the land owner files the complaint.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 05:16 PM

That is bs hopefully we find out who the trapper is and they can get something done
Posted By: tlguy

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 05:22 PM

No laws against molesting legally set traps or animals caught in them in PA? That sucks.
Posted By: Art S

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 05:30 PM

Sad truth is,trappers are way way down on the priority list,even within the PGC.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 05:30 PM

Is the trapper who owns the trap a member on here? I was contacted by a PGC officer saying he has the trap and coyote. He is holding them for evidence in this crime. If the Trapper is a member, get with me and I will provide the name and phone number of the officer.
Posted By: dublelung

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 05:38 PM

Glad to hear they may actually do something to him. I'm a regular visitor on Archerytalk but they definitely are about protecting their own with no regard to broken laws. I've been in numerous trapping related posts over there and trust me when I say we're the minority.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 05:55 PM

i'm gonna assume they are both in trouble if the warden has the trap and no name.no tag at the least.
Posted By: Rebel Rider

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:00 PM

I'm so glad I have the ability trap on my family's property, away from varmints like this.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:10 PM

Just got off the phone with PGC. They now have all the I go that I posted earlier. Sounds like this could get interesting. Lady told me to expect a phone call back soon.
Posted By: GoneTrappin

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Rebel Rider
I'm so glad I have the ability trap on my family's property, away from varmints like this.

This happened on private property

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:15 PM

Just got off the phone with PGC. They now have all the I go that I posted earlier. Sounds like this could get interesting. Lady told me to expect a phone call back soon.
Can't wait to hear this!
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Dobbins
Is the trapper who owns the trap a member on here? I was contacted by a PGC officer saying he has the trap and coyote. He is holding them for evidence in this crime. If the Trapper is a member, get with me and I will provide the name and phone number of the officer.

It's also been posted over on huntingpa for the person to contact you.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:26 PM

Wish we could know where exactly this was so we could contact the trapper if he hasn't already been informed all this is happening with the law.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:32 PM

Maybe the trapper is still checking traps elsewhere, or-thinks it was simply stolen. If it's tagged, maybe he can't be reached-yet?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:35 PM

I hope the DNR told him that it was them that took the trap and to contact them about it.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: dublelung
Glad to hear they may actually do something to him. I'm a regular visitor on Archerytalk but they definitely are about protecting their own with no regard to broken laws. I've been in numerous trapping related posts over there and trust me when I say we're the minority.

I am sure we have had posts on the same threads over there. It is like they only care about deer and it is ok to break laws unless it is for deer.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:44 PM

With a job like he has I bet we could get a phone # to let him hear our mind if nothing else comes of this

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: robert.d12
Wish we could know where exactly this was so we could contact the trapper if he hasn't already been informed all this is happening with the law.

Well he lives in ohio. Columbiana county. Dyke road by lake tomohawk. He works in at Honeywell in Fombell PA. Shouldnt be that hard to figure out a general area

Posted By: Pasadena

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:50 PM

With a job like he has I bet we could get a phone # to let him hear our mind if nothing else comes of this

That would be harassment........ I don't think he really cares what trappers think, obviously. He has already made it pretty clear he doesn't care for trapping.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 06:52 PM

I just looked it up and looked at travel routes. I am going to make a guess that it happened off of . 251 or 651 or state line road

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 07:09 PM

So I just got a phone call from the investigating officer. He told me he found the Trap and coyote and took it as evidence, as Paul stated. He also said that they have a detective in Fombell looking into this guys employment location. As well as a detective in Ohio working on pinpointing his residence. He told me that they have searched and cannot find a license for game issued to anyone in Negley. But without his actual name they can't be 100% certain. He said that he would be in touch very soon as they were going to interview him either at home or work. Sounds like they are working on a warrant for the ISP address from his home and cell phone to nail it down that he did in fact post all this himself, in case he denies any of this

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Pasadena

That would be harassment........ I don't think he really cares what trappers think, obviously. He has already made it pretty clear he doesn't care for trapping.

He may not care and he may not reply but I pm'd him on AT and told him just how much of a low life piece of feces he was and told him people have been issued pop knots for screwing with legally set traps. Told him a few other things too but I'll leave those out. whistle
Posted By: whartonrattrappe

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 07:17 PM

SetNSteel I commend you for taking the time to pursue this! Thank you on the behalf of all trappers.

And to the offender...you hate to see anything suffer. I hope you suffer immensely for your ignorance!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: whartonrattrappe
SetNSteel I commend you for taking the time to pursue this! Thank you on the behalf of all trappers.

And to the offender...you hate to see anything suffer. I hope you suffer immensely for your ignorance!
laugh

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 08:18 PM

So I just got a phone call from the investigating officer. He told me he found the Trap and coyote and took it as evidence, as Paul stated. He also said that they have a detective in Fombell looking into this guys employment location. As well as a detective in Ohio working on pinpointing his residence. He told me that they have searched and cannot find a license for game issued to anyone in Negley. But without his actual name they can't be 100% certain. He said that he would be in touch very soon as they were going to interview him either at home or work. Sounds like they are working on a warrant for the ISP address from his home and cell phone to nail it down that he did in fact post all this himself, in case he denies any of this

This is good news.

Can't help to think the fact this occurred while crossing state lines will rack up the dollars in fines. It shouldn't matter dollarwise, but it could provide a little more incentive to investigate and prosecute this scumbag if there is a hefty fine to collect.

Mike

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 08:19 PM

Setnsteel you sir are top notch! I am glad I started this thread as I was in a blind hunting and couldnt have kept up with it as the posts unfolded on AT. Way to go everyone for pulling together and at least getting him a talk from a warden. I do hope it goes further than that and they hammer him just as I told him.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 08:49 PM

Setnsteel you sir are top notch! I am glad I started this thread as I was in a blind hunting and couldnt have kept up with it as the posts unfolded on AT. Way to go everyone for pulling together and at least getting him a talk from a warden. I do hope it goes further than that and they hammer him just as I told him.

x2

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 09:23 PM

Just a small part. Sounds like there have been some anonymous calls made since his post. I just felt the need to dig. I'm a better PI than a trapper for sure. Idk why this chapped my behind but it did. Really struck a nerve seeing it snd then seeing his arrogant responses to people. Like it was normal for him. Which......it probably is. I'm hoping he's hung himself enough to have his hunting privileges revoked. That's what I'd like to see. Dollars are good but I feel he needs to lose his hobby for a bit. Just to prove a point.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 09:36 PM

I can't believe the PA game commission is actually doing something about it. Two years ago, I found a poached deer with it's head cut off, way after the season while I was trapping beaver. I reported it and never even got a call back from the local warden. Keep us posted!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 09:40 PM

By their site it looks like they care about such things.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 09:51 PM

Just a small part. Sounds like there have been some anonymous calls made since his post. I just felt the need to dig. I'm a better PI than a trapper for sure. Idk why this chapped my behind but it did. Really struck a nerve seeing it snd then seeing his arrogant responses to people. Like it was normal for him. Which......it probably is. I'm hoping he's hung himself enough to have his hunting privileges revoked. That's what I'd like to see. Dollars are good but I feel he needs to lose his hobby for a bit. Just to prove a point.

Yes sir it really chapped me too.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 10:35 PM

"IF" this goes down the way it should , it will be wide spread news in today's social media ways .

Maybe others will see the consequences ,"if it does".
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 10:36 PM

Thanks for your involvement and your updates Skippyturtle, SetNSteel and everyone else involved.

It's encouraging to here the PGC and local LEO's are investigating this, I hope they nail the guy.

I know WCO's here in PA get a bad rap sometimes but, in their defense, they are severely under-funded and undermanned. There hasn't been an increase in the cost of a hunting license, the commission's primary source of funding, in seventeen years. How many other agencies could survive, let alone do an effective job, with less funding than they were receiving in 1999?

Also, I have had three trapping related instances over the last several years involving trespassing dog-walkers, trap tampering and theft. All three times the PGC went to bat for me and resolved the incidents in my favor.

In my opinion, Pennsylvania Game Commission Wildlife Conservation Officers do the best they can with their extremely limited resources.

You guys that are critical of them, please email or write your legislators and tell them to release their financial stranglehold on the PGC. Let them know we do not want our nearly 1.5 million acres of State Game Lands turned over to the DCNR to provide hiking and biking trails for non hunters. That is their end game.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 11:03 PM

I'm glad to see this self-righteous d-bag might actually get what he deserves.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 11:23 PM

I do believe that PA and OH have a reciprocate law. If convicted in one state, loss of a hunting privilege, it also bars him from the other. May states have joined this.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 11:34 PM

You guys are good. Keep it up!

Will

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/13/17 11:38 PM

Excellent
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 12:19 AM

Everyone that had a hand in seeing that justice is pursued in this case I just want to say a big thank you for all us trappers out here!!
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 12:21 AM

My hat is off to you guys that helped get this investigated. I’ve known for a few years that LEO ‘ s have been using Facebook and the like to bust these dirt bags. I don’t know if they watch sites like this or if they would have checked this situation out without your help, so thanks again guys !

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 12:33 AM

From what I have heard they looked at this thread also . grin

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 11:10 AM

Ttt
Posted By: Miley

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 12:10 PM

Great work Gents!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 12:13 PM

as a PA trapper i owe you all a great debt of gratitude..proves-don't p=off a trapper or you will be amazed how big his family really is.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 01:09 PM

I'm still stuck on the fact that this moron laid out th details of his little pathetic crime spree on a public forum. All that to only miserably fail at impressing other internet warriors.

Loser

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 01:32 PM

What can I say.You can't fix stupid.
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 02:08 PM

I am impressed with everyone who is involced trying to do the right thing. Way to go trappers laugh

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 02:13 PM

and to any GAME CO.people reading this as i'm sure you are,a huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you.slogan should be "making PA great again"THANK YOU ALL.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: pcr2
and to any GAME CO.people reading this as i'm sure you are,a huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you.slogan should be "making PA great again"THANK YOU ALL.

X2

I would also like to add the Ohio detective and Ohio DNR to the thank you list.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 03:36 PM

as a PA trapper i owe you all a great debt of gratitude..proves-don't p=off a trapper or you will be amazed how big his family really is.

I absolutely love deer hunting and hunt way more than trap but I hate the mentality of most deer hunters that they are superior to trappers. As soon as I read what he did it set a fire in me and I knew this is the place and people that could nail the jackwagon. That is why I started the post.
Posted By: Miley

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/14/17 03:37 PM

X2

I would also like to add the Ohio detective and Ohio DNR to the thank you list.
. X3

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 12:55 AM

Any updates?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 01:26 AM

I haven't heard anything. CO said it would be a few days
Posted By: madcotrappwr

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 04:50 AM

Dang good job men. I read this whole thread. Can't believe the cat posted it and admitted he knew he broke the law and didn't care. Shows he ain't real bright. An education costs money. And maybe hunting privileges. Its tuff going through life stupid.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 06:22 AM

I was really hoping to see an update! Y'll know I don't fur trap, but I trap nonetheless. It doesn't matter to me whether you're trapping nuisance wildlife, feral/dangerous dogs, or fur. We ALL deserve to have our legally set equipment, (and any animal contained) untouched, unharmed and unmolested. Most states have something on the books for this, I know mine does. I put the "messing with traps" statute on my trap tags. I hope this guy faces a heaping helping of not so Christmas-y cheer. What a jerk.
Posted By: ambush32

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 01:07 PM

Best punishment he could get would be for him to lose all hunting rights....

Typical attention seeking turd, why else would he post it on an open forum....

Great job to all that had a part in getting this info to the law.....

Don't mess with the trapping community, he should have known better....
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Finster
I can't believe the PA game commission is actually doing something about it. Two years ago, I found a poached deer with it's head cut off, way after the season while I was trapping beaver. I reported it and never even got a call back from the local warden. Keep us posted!

Might have been the game commission that took the head, they were doing that a few years ago checking for CWD. I got curious about all the headless deer on route 22 between Pittsburgh and the WV line and called them.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ambush32
Best punishment he could get would be for him to lose all hunting rights...

They may yank his hunting privileges for a period of time. And a lot of times, around here anyway, they will confiscate the weapon(s) used to commit the deed.

Don't know how much he has invested in his bow, but if they take it from him it will likely sting a little.

Mike

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 05:42 PM

I'm guessing if he is charged with a game violation, most states won't allow you to purchase any hunting licenses do to the game violation....not sure how long this stays on record, but if he hunts out of state like a lot of use do, he just put another nail in his hunting privileges....GOOD FOR HIM!!!!! WE don't need sportsmen like him representing us.....

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ambush32
I'm guessing if he is charged with a game violation, most states won't allow you to purchase any hunting licenses do to the game violation....not sure how long this stays on record, but if he hunts out of state like a lot of use do, he just put another nail in his hunting privileges....GOOD FOR HIM!!!!! WE don't need sportsmen like him representing us.....
I seriously doubt he will lose his hunting privileges. I had the same thing happen to me about 4 years ago. I had a bird hunter blow the head off of a red fox I had caught. The local warden caught him and just gave him a fine. I didn't get reimbursed for the fox or anything.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 06:55 PM

Betting that this guy doesn't have a PA license. A scoff law DB like that may be a felon and can't handle a firearm. It would explain why he didn't come back with a .22 like a normal do-gooder.

While I don't condone the bird hunter shooting your fox, he likely wasn't trespassing, hunting without a license or a guy with a record.
Posted By: bur

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 07:39 PM

has anyone else questioned why he shot the thing with his bow rather than a .22 to the head to keep it from "suffering?" He had to drive all the way back to his house to get a weapon, and he chooses a bow over a gun?
Posted By: bur

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 07:40 PM

apparently wildflights had the same thought as i did, missed that in your post
Posted By: coykill

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: bur
has anyone else questioned why he shot the thing with his bow rather than a .22 to the head to keep it from "suffering?" He had to drive all the way back to his house to get a weapon, and he chooses a bow over a gun?

Who knows why he drove back home. He was dumb enough to admit it so he isn't the brightest bulb. Dumb people do dumb things. I hope they give it to him.
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 08:20 PM

Not with a rage 2" blade if he's a deer hunter. Hes a Jerk and bragging about it makes me and all of you madder.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 08:31 PM

I believe his comment was "No sewing that up, you could throw a football through it".

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 08:40 PM

The only good news is that with the Interstate Wildlife Violation Compact 47 states will not issue a license if his is revoked for the violation.
Posted By: ilbucksndux

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 09:07 PM

I think is awesome that some of you guys put some time into this and the violator is being looked for. Great job looking out for your fellow trappers!

But I will say that some people here were ready to draw and quarter me when I posted a similar situation just last year that I was in. A kid(bow hunting) shot a bobcat in my trap with a .45(found the brass) and I found him down in the woods and called him out on it.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/15/17 09:49 PM

m
My opinion is that he did it with a bow to ruin the fur because as he stated he hate traps. If he hates traps it is only logical to think that he also hates the people who do and the selling of fur.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/16/17 12:01 AM

It doesn't matter what he shot it with. It wasn't his trap, it wasn't his coyote, it had nothing to do with him and the animal wasn't suffering. It was simply caught in a trap. For all he knew the coyote could have been released unharmed. How does he know the trapper wasn't targeting fox etc!
Posted By: countryboy3006

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/17/17 06:09 PM

Crazy that someone would think they are doing something good by doing that. I hope they catch them and throw the book at them. People like that give hunters a bad name
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/17/17 07:08 PM

Guy was dumb doing what he did, deserves some sort of punishment. But, this is exactly why I always try to set out of sight just to reduce chance of any incident. Even doing that doesn't eliminate all incidents.
Posted By: vermontster

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/18/17 09:27 PM

Anybody hear anything more about what he will face for violations?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/18/17 09:38 PM

Still haven't gotten a call back from the CO. Would think they would've gotten something figured out by now.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/18/17 09:43 PM

You may not hear anything until the case is actually adjudicated.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/18/17 10:19 PM

The day it's made public it will be on every hunting and outdoor social media site there is , word travels like wildfire, just like it did that day he committed the vilations.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 12:25 AM

I wonder why he thought it was suffering? He bow hunts deer and lets them bleed to death but thats not suffering? Don't get me wrong I don't think bowhunting is cruel. It was said by someone " For mother nature to work someone has to do the killing."
Posted By: ol mike

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 01:40 AM

He thought telling what he did was going to gain him some hero attention for doing the PC brainwashed thing . It is going to get him plenty of attension but not the type he had hoped for .

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 01:43 AM

He just want to kill something so he came up with a lame excuse to do something stupid
Posted By: gwc

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 02:51 AM

:

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 01:23 PM

ttt for a friend.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 01:31 PM

I received an email from the officer about this case. Here's what he wrote.

Citations have been filed against the subject. I won’t go into specific detail, but there are multiple charges including the unlawful killing of game or wildlife. As stated earlier, the trapper was located and his trap was returned. The coyote will be retained as evidence and will not likely be given back to the trapper due to the severe damage caused by the broadhead.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 01:44 PM

That's awesome.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 01:52 PM

Good news about the citations

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 02:17 PM

laugh awesome update!
Posted By: Grinnersrus

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 02:20 PM

X2 that's awesome!!!!
Posted By: nightlife

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 02:21 PM

laugh awesome update!

X2 glad he is getting what he has coming

Not quite the attention he was looking for

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 02:23 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.THANK YOU EVERYBODY,that took this and ran with it befopre i even had a chance.knowing the game co. well i'm shocked at the speed this happened.hats off to them also and you have made me proud on a national level.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 02:33 PM

And that boys and girls, is a job well done by all parties....sans lutzweiser.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 05:18 PM

Maybe I'll go send him another pm on Archery Talk and ask him how his season is going? grin

Would be extra nice if they made him pay the trapper for the wasted coyote.

Did anyone ever determine if the trapper is a member here? I suppose not since we haven't heard from him.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 05:24 PM

Citations have been filed against the subject. I won’t go into specific detail, but there are multiple charges including the unlawful killing of game or wildlife. As stated earlier, the trapper was located and his trap was returned. The coyote will be retained as evidence and will not likely be given back to the trapper due to the severe damage caused by the broadhead.

Good news! Sure hope to hear how this shakes out.
Posted By: hippie

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 05:29 PM

That otta learn him! laugh

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 05:42 PM

OK, I missed something here. When did Paul get involved in this to get that email from the Game commission??? Secondly, I would think the charges would be public domain if someone knows where to look?
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:03 PM

Wonderful news, Again hats off to all that did a part in this.
Its real simple, keep your filthy hands off our traps and fur.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:03 PM

laugh

They looked at this site to put their case together along with the archery site .
Things didn't get deleted here ,like on the archery site ! laugh

Paul by being the site owner was probably informed then .
It will be on open record when it's all done .
Posted By: Machias

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:15 PM

Outstanding outcome!!!
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:20 PM

Been watching this. Good job to all involved
Posted By: PAtrappernut

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:26 PM

Outstanding news Paul!

Thanks for the update!
Posted By: GoneTrappin

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:36 PM

Excellent work everyone involved in this

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:55 PM

OK, I missed something here. When did Paul get involved in this to get that email from the Game commission??? Secondly, I would think the charges would be public domain if someone knows where to look?

Paul got involved when the warden called him to ask if the trapper was a member here. He posted i think on page 1.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:57 PM

Great job guys. Wish I did more but it seems I did enough to get it rolling. I keep checking on AT and he has only posted once or twice on that thread since this started and did not say much at all.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 06:58 PM

Thanks for the update boss!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 10:36 PM

Secondly, I would think the charges would be public domain if someone knows where to look?

Would probably need his last name and the county of the crime. Then look up on the county probate court docket.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 10:48 PM

Great news, thanks for the update and thanks to you and all who spent time making sure this guy didn't get away with it.
Posted By: bic

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 10:59 PM

OK, I missed something here. When did Paul get involved in this

You'd be amazed at how Authorities JUMP and stand at attention if you throw Boss Dobbins name out there! Try it next time you get pulled over by a Cop. Just tell him you know Mr. Dobbins and the cop will run back to his car and leave!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 11:00 PM

laugh

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 11:05 PM

Just read his last post on AT. Some lady paying his fines? Oh Paaaalease.......would love to get the details on the citations.

Believe his name is Chad Lutz. That person lives on the same road as the douche canoe that shot the coyote in the trap. Kinda ironic..... Gonna dig deeper.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/19/17 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: bic
OK, I missed something here. When did Paul get involved in this

You'd be amazed at how Authorities JUMP and stand at attention if you throw Boss Dobbins name out there! Try it next time you get pulled over by a Cop. Just tell him you know Mr. Dobbins and the cop will run back to his car and leave!
Or maybe tazed? laugh

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:11 AM

Chad P Lutz?
Posted By: COLD HAND

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:12 AM

I’m friends with the trapper And the warden
Word is he got a long list of violations and is going to lose his license for 5-10 years!
Thanks to you good folks on t man

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:14 AM

He stole a mink off me and a 155 but we couldn’t prove it

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:20 AM

His last name is lutz

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:20 AM

Read there where he said, "PA game comm couldn’t have been a nicer guy, and literally could not have gone any easier on me".
Only one Lutz on Dyke Rd. And that would be Chad P. What county was the coyote shot?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:26 AM

What thread is that in?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:27 AM

Same thread, his is the last post.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5249083&page=185

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:36 AM

GREAT news! Thanks all that helped!

Will

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:45 AM

I

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:47 AM

Read there where he said, "PA game comm couldn’t have been a nicer guy, and literally could not have gone any easier on me".
Only one Lutz on Dyke Rd. And that would be Chad P. What county was the coyote shot?

Had to be either Mercer or Lawrence Counties.

It IS Chad Lutz. Did some digging with background app. That name came up with the Dyke ad address and a Honeywell email address.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: COLD HAND
Word is he got a long list of violations and is going to lose his license for 5-10 years!

Would like to see that in black and white. NOT doubting you but like facts on paper. Preferably a court document.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:52 AM

I found his street address.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:01 AM

I don't really see that happening. Not calling you a liar but I would have to see that to believe it.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:09 AM

There were some here that said nothing would happen either . grin
Patciance.
Facts will come out in due time .

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:10 AM

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-36302-NT-0000306-2017

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-36302-NT-0000305-2017

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-36302-NT-0000304-2017

These are the court docs concerning the case.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:14 AM

Beaver county

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:16 AM

Your calling me a liar
That’s why I don’t get on here anymore
Folks like you

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:22 AM

I don’t get on social media to have a pissing match with somebody
Have a nice day

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:23 AM

The magistrate could decide not to revoke his hunting privileges.

He has 3 charges against him. Trespassing while hunting violation. Unlawful taking of game. Tampering with someone else's traps. I'm not sure how much revocation time he could get, but would highly doubt a magistrate is going to pound him with 5-10. I would be really surprised.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:24 AM

Looks like he has 3 charges. Now will have to wait and see what the judge decides to do. Probably a small fine and court cost. Hopefully the judge is a trapper. smile

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:30 AM

Who knows ?
Maybe they'll go easy on him and revoke his license for only 5 years , hopefully 10 and use him as a prime example !

Maybe neither, not up to us .
All ready getting off easy , if some woman is paying his fines .

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:47 AM

Cold hand, you want to roll with me tomorrow?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:03 AM

What’s his address
He has an (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) kickin coming?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:04 AM

Any idea what his criminal record looks like?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:07 AM

I gotta baby set my beautiful grandaughter sorry

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: wildflights

Any idea what his criminal record looks like?

Coyote molester
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:21 AM

troll

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:22 AM

Lucky dog.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 03:32 AM

Many times revocations mean more to these arrogant law breakers than a fine. People like these will usually end up hunting while on revocation and hopefully the authorities will be on the lookout for him. It would be nice if they could find a reason to have his license taken away in both Ohio and PA. As far as the guy saying the officer was very nice to him shows the professionalism of the officer. The guy probably doesn’t know it but I have a hunch he gave more information to the officer than he realizes.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 03:40 AM

I'm guessing I won't have an account there in the morning when I wake up.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: elkaholic
I'm guessing I won't have an account there in the morning when I wake up.

Why would you think that?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 03:54 AM

Well my first post over there was to call him and the guy defending him poachers.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 04:27 AM

Well my first post over there was to call him and the guy defending him poachers.

A spade is a spade....... Correct?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 04:40 AM

Lol I saw that. I lit him up too.

The won't delete your account but they will occasionally delete your post (just like here)
I've been a member there for several years and witnessed several negative trapping posts. That guy seems like an arrogant piece of feces and I really do hope the judge sticks it to him (or the woman volunteering to pay his fines) lol

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: dublelung

Lol I saw that. I lit him up too.

The won't delete your account but they will occasionally delete your post (just like here)
I've been a member there for several years and witnessed several negative trapping posts. That guy seems like an arrogant piece of feces and I really do hope the judge sticks it to him (or the woman volunteering to pay his fines) lol

Yeah I wonder how she'll react if his fines go over a grand.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 05:23 AM

He might even be BSing about the lady too . Smoothing it over on the site .
We'll if they take his hunting privileges away , he probably won't be doing much posting . laugh

Money is easier to find compared to years of sitting out hunting seasons , can't get them back !
Posted By: proratman

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 11:25 AM

Not good when sportsman cut each others throat!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 11:48 AM

Yeah this guy is hurting every sportsman out there

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 12:59 PM

Was glad to see someone put on there that the coyote was not suffering, like Lutz and a few others were saying. Most folks don't realize how tough wild animals are. Don't see socks and shoes on any wild critter but look at the environments they walk through every day. Bean stubble fields, just above freezing water, ice and snow, briar patches etc.... Couldn't tell ya how many critters I've walked up on that were sound asleep. The coyote may have been a little stressed but I seriously doubt it was suffering.
Posted By: EdP

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:05 PM

I hope the judge considers that Lutz not only committed the offenses but went on social media and bragged about it. Then he also lied on social media about "minimum charges" and bragged that someone else was going to pay his fine. That shows a complete lack of remorse. I don't believe the "trapper killed her dog" story so I don't believe anyone is paying his fine, but the judge could decide to believe it and hit him hard in another way in addition to a max fine.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: proratman

This guy wasn't a sportsman...he is a criminal.
Posted By: Beaglador

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:18 PM

Hey yall- this is typical goings on here in PA and I really don't know what the solution is. While I continue on with whatever I am doing, situations like these are commonplace. I recently became a subject on facebook and received some, well, I don't know how to put it other than to say threats. This thread about the bow shot coyote has made me feel like putting up this link- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=3&theater for the T-man punching bag to mull over. I assure you that the trapper (s) mentioned in the post are 100% law abiding and this has been confirmed by the local WCO as well as his regional supervisor. I also learned something (I might be late to the game but I'm not stupid)about facebook- you can make a "public post" that only your "friends" are allowed to comment on- so while the public can see it, no one can weigh in on the post or comments unless they are a "friend". Anyone have any bright ideas how to resolve the situation?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:29 PM

In your scenario Beagle. If indeed the trapper was set legal and caught the guys I assume dog, although I've never heard a dog scream for help, I don't think the Officers would do anything. From what I can tell he only released his pet dog, cat, parrot whatever from the trap.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:29 PM

what's facebook??? thats how
Posted By: Beaglador

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:47 PM

In your scenario Beagle. If indeed the trapper was set legal and caught the guys I assume dog, although I've never heard a dog scream for help, I don't think the Officers would do anything. From what I can tell he only released his pet dog, cat, parrot whatever from the trap.

Your are spot on. Besides the commenters that are "sighting in their guns", preparing to beat down the trapper, hiding in the bushes, etc. There is a commentator urging "Go Get Him". This is the woman who a little over a month ago was in my driveway begging for my vote in her run for district judge- thank god she lost! Additionally what he did not say was that he in fact stole the trap/ stake/ etc., and that in fact it was not on his or any of his relatives property. I think this occurs all the time I just don't see it- but lie after lie and there is no way adding a bit of truth to it.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:50 PM

after 30 yrs running in the same general area,i probably have more places i won't trap than places i do trap from a lifetime of these very things.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 01:52 PM

Seriously, it wasn't even on his property as he stated in the post....wow!!!
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:02 PM

Reading the comments from the other hunters makes me sad. I bet it would be a different tune if someone jumped out of the bushes and stole their deer after they killed it because they didn't agree with hunting.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:17 PM

what's facebook??? thats how

grin Exactly! I'm 3 1/2 years free and clean of all that drama and bs.

The trap is clearly tagged. Sounds like that guy needs a few pop knots issued to him.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:21 PM

This country is getting to be a very screwed up place, and will continue to get worse. While I like trapperman, cause of the mostly good folks on here, social media is furthur dividing us all the time. The "in your face" attitude of people because they are sitting behind a keyboard, instead of being in front of the other person, is just getting worse and worse. I see it everyday here on tman. What happened to a little complacency, or letting others have an opinion. It's always about the big "I" !
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:22 PM

It does seem to boost the self righteousness factor.
Posted By: corky

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: lee steinmeyer
This country is getting to be a very screwed up place, and will continue to get worse. While I like trapperman, cause of the mostly good folks on here, social media is furthur dividing us all the time. The "in your face" attitude of people because they are sitting behind a keyboard, instead of being in front of the other person, is just getting worse and worse. I see it everyday here on tman. What happened to a little complacency, or letting others have an opinion. It's always about the big "I" !

well said

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 02:36 PM

Easy on the rhetoric boys. Done well to get it this far, let it run through the court. Couldn't get link earlier to work to so heres how to follow-along:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJ.aspx
Then beaver cty, mdj-36-3-02, 12/18/17
Results for "Comm. v Lutz, Chad P"

Charge 1 - Unlaw Traps-Disturb Traps of Another (Title 34, Sec 2361 - Fifth Degree)
Charge 2 - Taking/Poss of Game Or Wildlife (Title 34, Sec 2307 - Fifth Degree)
Charge 3 - Violate Rules & Regulations While Trespassing (Title 34, Sec 2314 - Fifth Degree)

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/34/34.HTM

Fifth degree offenses are min $100, max $200. Plus Costs of prosecution. Plus any enhancements judge sees for the 3 offenses being consecutive. Couldn't quickly find where state of PA qualifies # before license loss.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legi...5&subsctn=0

Good work again to all. Keep it civil.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: CoonsBane

This guy wasn't a sportsman...he is a criminal.
X2 You beat me to it.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Beaglador

Your are spot on. Besides the commenters that are "sighting in their guns", preparing to beat down the trapper, hiding in the bushes, etc. There is a commentator urging "Go Get Him". This is the woman who a little over a month ago was in my driveway begging for my vote in her run for district judge- thank god she lost! Additionally what he did not say was that he in fact stole the trap/ stake/ etc., and that in fact it was not on his or any of his relatives property. I think this occurs all the time I just don't see it- but lie after lie and there is no way adding a bit of truth to it.

Hey Jake, I've been wondering how your season is going. Make sure you have a partridge gun in the truck.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Grandpa Trapper
Many times revocations mean more to these arrogant law breakers than a fine. People like these will usually end up hunting while on revocation and hopefully the authorities will be on the lookout for him. It would be nice if they could find a reason to have his license taken away in both Ohio and PA. As far as the guy saying the officer was very nice to him shows the professionalism of the officer. The guy probably doesn’t know it but I have a hunch he gave more information to the officer than he realizes.

If they do revoke his license he will not be able to hunt Ohio or 45 other states.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 04:21 PM

I just hope the judge overlooks the sob story he will give of feeling sorry and couldn't stand to see the coyote in a trap. I'm sure there were probably a lot more citations that could've been given to him besides the 3 that he received.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 04:23 PM

They won't revoke his hunting rights. Guys like this get off with a slap. On the wrist.
I ultimately hope he does. For an extended period. But I don't see it.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 04:26 PM

Would be money the state would not be getting from the purchase of his tags if they revoke. Wonder if the Pa officer is in contact at all with Ohio Wildlife Officers?
Posted By: madcotrappwr

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 05:30 PM

Sounds like Chad Lutz cooperates with animal rights activists.
Posted By: OkieChoctaw

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 06:05 PM

Sounds to me like a copy of Chads posts and comments needs to find its way to the judges desk.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 07:31 PM

They found their way to the game commission, maybe they will .

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: madcotrappwr
Sounds like Chad Lutz cooperates with animal rights activists.

Sounds to me like he should be sponsored by Massengill. grin

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: OkieChoctaw
Sounds to me like a copy of Chads posts and comments needs to find its way to the judges desk.

His posts are evidence. Can guarantee the judge will review them.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 08:04 PM

I'm guessing that unless he's had prior offenses, he will get off with the minimum fines.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 08:19 PM

Hopefully 5 years revocation is minimum !
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 09:07 PM

The biggest reason game law violators get off easy in court is we have civil law educated judges, who are also liberal, attempting to judge violators on laws that they generally do not even have an understanding of themselves.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: LeviSS
I'm guessing that unless he's had prior offenses, he will get off with the minimum fines.

The only other violation he had in Pa was a DUI in 2006.
Posted By: PACoyote1

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 09:33 PM

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: LeviSS

The only other violation he had in Pa was a DUI in 2006.

How about in ohio

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/20/17 11:16 PM

Didn't find anything in Columbiana Co. Courts.
Posted By: wwc

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/21/17 12:42 AM

A poacher is a poacher is a poacher , one bad sportsman makes all sportsman look bad nail him.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/29/17 04:17 PM

Any update?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 12/29/17 04:45 PM

I don't think the court date is until after the first of the year. I heard in Feb. for a court appearance. Don't know for sure, was not a reliable source.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 03:25 PM

Case has been closed.
He pled guilty
Looks like a couple hundred in fines. Couldn't find anything on revocation.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 03:38 PM

That figures. Was hoping he'd lose his license for a couple years at least

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 03:48 PM

Well at least he is out some money and i am sure he now realizes to not mess with trappers because unlike hunters we will unite and come calling.
Posted By: Osky

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 03:53 PM

I would bet a dollar to a dime this guy comes back full force about being happy to pay the fine to do what's "right" for even the lowest of suffering animals.
Martyrdom is this guys specialty, his posts reek with it. He won't quit the behavior, he'll just be more careful in how he does it.

Osky

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 03:57 PM

Yup, I figured he would get a wrist slap. I'm surprised he had to pay a couple hundred dollars.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Osky
I would bet a dollar to a dime this guy comes back full force about being happy to pay the fine to do what's "right" for even the lowest of suffering animals.
Martyrdom is this guys specialty, his posts reek with it. He won't quit the behavior, he'll just be more careful in how he does it.

Osky

Spot on Osky.

The outcome was pretty much how I figured it would go. It was similar to the time I had a trap-tamperer prosecuted. The game wardens charged him with multiple offenses, wrote him three citations and a summary offense. If he was guilty of one he was absolutely guilty of the others as they were all related to the same incident. The judge found him guilty of one citation (about $300.00 with fine and costs) and threw out the rest of the charges.

This current incident was still a good outcome and I put it in the win column. It was great the way a group of trappers on here worked together to gather info on this guy and keep us all informed.

Well done trappers!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 04:19 PM

yepper

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 06:37 PM

If I'm reading the court docket correctly the total was $569.75 with $400 going to the game commission.
He'll do it again but I bet he doesn't brag about it on an open forum again.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 06:44 PM

Could you post those documents here?

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 07:10 PM

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-36302-NT-0000304-2017

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-36302-NT-0000305-2017

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-36302-NT-0000306-2017

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/01/18 08:09 PM

Thanks Pasadena.

Looks like he pled guilty to three citations. My total is the same as yours at $569.75. Looks like he made a $150.00 payment and will make that monthly until the fines are paid off.

I wonder if he couldn't find the anti-trapping sugar momma he was bragging about that was going to pay his fines for him? LOL

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 12:57 AM

I'm betting he wasn't a happy camper when he realized he'd been caught!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 01:03 AM

Was probably all bs about the momma .
Better it hits him in his own pocket anyway .

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 01:18 AM

If I'm reading the court docket correctly the total was $569.75 with $400 going to the game commission.
He'll do it again but I bet he doesn't brag about it on an open forum again.

Good, it's something! Almost six bills aught to make him stutter. Sure would have liked to see his hunting privilege suspended. That would really hurt a guy like that. Up here in Washington, if you're caught with lead in the duck blind it's two years before you can get a license.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 05:37 AM

Penalties in the United States are pathetic, perfect example why there are so many repeat offenders. I am glad he was caught and everything but big deal, he has to pay $600 on a frickin payment plan!!!
Posted By: pass-thru

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 06:29 AM

This is a phenomenal outcome and I tip my hat to those on here who followed through and to the game warden as well.

Penalties in the United States are pathetic, perfect example why there are so many repeat offenders. I am glad he was caught and everything but big deal, he has to pay $600 on a frickin payment plan!!!

Complains about the justice system in one breath, complains about jury duty in the next:

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6075716/Jury_Duty#Post6075716

Probably take you a year to dish out $600 on a payment plan and I'm sure you'd complain about that as well.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 10:56 AM

600 bucks seems fair to me. Its a lot more than the cost of a trap and coyote. He will however be a lot sneakier now if he finds another. I'm guessing he really hates trapping and trappers now. Those types rarely accept responsibility for their legal problems. Maybe the next trapper he fools with will put his tree stand in the bottom of a river for him.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 01:08 PM

600 bucks seems fair to me. Its a lot more than the cost of a trap and coyote. He will however be a lot sneakier now if he finds another. I'm guessing he really hates trapping and trappers now. Those types rarely accept responsibility for their legal problems. Maybe the next trapper he fools with will put his tree stand in the bottom of a river for him.

Now that would be justice, Danny!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 01:20 PM

Hopefully with his arrogant butt tied to it with his own safety harness.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: DezertTrapper
I'm betting he wasn't a happy camper when he realized he'd been caught!

And turned in by a bunch of great trappers on the site...great work.....just wish he would have lost his hunting rights for a couple years.....but money out of his pocket for a stupid move he made, is justice.....could have been a free ticket if it wasn't for the original poster on the site that gave a heads up to the members here....great job....

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 01:59 PM

We should invite the Warden to the Expo for the demos and show appreciation with a membership and magazine subscription.
Tell him to bring Luzzerwieser too.

To the Beaver Co Warden who recognizes our time, gear, and craft as valuable, Thank You.

Pa guys, imagine if it was a bob in the trap? Yikeees lol.
Posted By: k9krusader

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 02:18 PM

you guys friggin rock thanks from pebody trapper
Posted By: NCtrapper64

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/02/18 11:29 PM

This is how you solve this problem! Catch another coyote at the same location, wait for that dumbo to show up and shoot him for trespassing and tell the cops u thought it was a deer. Problem solved!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/03/18 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: pass-thru
This is a phenomenal outcome and I tip my hat to those on here who followed through and to the game warden as well.

Complains about the justice system in one breath, complains about jury duty in the next:

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6075716/Jury_Duty#Post6075716

Probably take you a year to dish out $600 on a payment plan and I'm sure you'd complain about that as well.

Yep, if you think the justice system isn’t a total racket maybe you should look into it a little more. It’s a total joke. A year to pay $600? Where do you come up with that?
Posted By: 20scout

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/03/18 04:27 PM

The one thing I see about making payments on the fine is that he is reminded of his stupidity every time he makes a payment. Maybe or maybe not over time he will come to the realization that his actions where wrong.
Posted By: pass-thru

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/12/18 03:55 AM

Your calling me a liar
That’s why I don’t get on here anymore
Folks like you

Hey brother, don't let the turd of T-man push you off...this board has always been a better place when you frequent!

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 01/12/18 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 20scout
The one thing I see about making payments on the fine is that he is reminded of his stupidity every time he makes a payment. Maybe or maybe not over time he will come to the realization that his actions where wrong.

It also takes money away from him every month that he could have used for new hunting gear or family. I think the outcome should have been stronger as poaching should be poaching no matter the animal but most places only see poaching as taking big game deer or migratory birds. We can only hope he does it again and gets caught.

For the wardens involved. Great job!
For the people on here. Great job!
For the judge and prosecutor. Thank you.
Posted By: Taximan

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 05:43 AM

Jwww.reviewonline.com/news/police-courts/2018/08/columbiana-county-municipal-311/
ust found this on Chad P Lutz:

www.reviewonline.com/news/police-courts/2018/08/columbiana-county-municipal-311/

Different case in Ohio?
Posted By: amspoker

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 07:29 AM

That apears to be regarding a separate incident.....

http://www.salemnews.net/news/police-and-court-reports/2018/07/sheriffs-office-513/

— Harley D. Shaw, Dyke Road, Middleton Township, reported at 12:24 a.m. Monday her boyfriend, Chad Lutz, backed into her vehicle, damaging the bumper and then took off down the driveway. A criminal damaging warrant was issued for Chad P. Lutz.
Posted By: Badgerman50

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 10:45 AM

For some people, criminal activity is a mistake to be learned from. For others, it’s just a manifestation of how their mind works. It appears this guy either believes he can do what he wants to others regardless of the legality of it, or he has a difficult time with impulse control. At 40, he’s a little behind the curve on this life skill.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 10:49 AM

sounds to me like he needs an old fashioned cure
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 03:08 PM

needs posted on the huntingpa and ohiotrappers sites too!
Posted By: Taximan

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 04:10 PM

I agree.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 06:09 PM

I believe it was posted on HPA back when it happened but I don't if it's been updated, don't go there much anymore.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Lugnut
I believe it was posted on HPA back when it happened but I don't if it's been updated, don't go there much anymore.

Yea it went down hill after it was sold. Now I spend most of my time on Paul's site
Posted By: amspoker

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/16/18 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: wallfur
I agree with him being caught and prosecuted!!!! but who would be trapping coyotes in early September? not fur trappers I hope, maybe animal damage control agent. talk to those guys as they work close with fish and game. let them see the post.

This post began in December of last year.

Re: PA coyote shot with a bow while in trap - 09/17/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Hornady Reloader
Originally Posted By: Lugnut

Yea it went down hill after it was sold. Now I spend most of my time on Paul's site

It really did. I think I've been on over there three or four times this year. I check in here every day.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums