Home

a plug for Rally Hess

Posted By: danny clifton

a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 08:20 PM

Bought some snares from him about a year and a half ago when the FTA show was in Lawrence. Just started using them in the last week. 1X19 5/64 about ten feet long, camlock with teeth and those springs that look like mini bodygrip springs. These things work. Dead coyotes. Doesn't look like it takes long either. Havn't done anything to them except hang them. If that type of snare is legal where you live do yourself a favor and get some. Haven't snared any cats with them. Don't see where I missed any either. I suspect they close easy enough for cats too. I don't remember now what I paid for them but remember thinking it was worth it over building and loading them. Everyone I unwound was just like the one before. Haven't needed to tweak any yet
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 08:31 PM

Rally makes and sells very good snares. He is also very helpful to those that make their own with supplies and advice. I always look forward to doing business with him.
Posted By: Osky

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 08:33 PM

Yes Danny they close easy enough for cats. He made me some about that long ago as well, stand wire included. Top notch snares.
His beaver set ups are terrific as well and I do not use them to there full potential like the really good beaver guys here do.

Osky
Posted By: RiversNorth13

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Eastwood
Rally makes and sells very good snares. He is also very helpful to those that make their own with supplies and advice. I always look forward to doing business with him.

X2
Posted By: Line Jumper

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

X3
Posted By: Zim

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 10:00 PM

Rally is a heck of a guy alright! When ya said a plug I thought maybe he sprung a leak. laugh

Zim
Posted By: forestman3

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 10:33 PM

Good to know.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 10:39 PM

Rally is one heck of a guy, a veteran, and a great guy to do business with.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/01/18 11:06 PM

I run Rally's snares on my beaver lines. They are great!!!
Posted By: 160user

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 12:28 AM

BE CAREFUL with Rally and his snares! He gave me some of his to "try"about 20-25 years ago. I had never snared before so he gave me a 4 minute block of instructions. The next day I had my first fox and he has had me hooked ever since. Be careful of his stuff!
Posted By: JDYoungblood

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 01:21 AM

One heck of a guy and a master at snaring. Just talking to him at his table has helped me immensely.
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 01:23 AM

Ya I bought a bunch of his fibreglass muskrat poles to try-now all my other poles just plain suck!
Posted By: Mac

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 01:28 AM

He is one of the best to deal with. I have called him a time or two. When ordering he will give you expert advise backed by time in the field.
Nice guy.
Mac
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 02:35 AM

Rally is top notch, all the way around! Great guy to do bussiness with.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 03:12 AM

He is the one I look for when buying my cable and snare stuff. He will take the time to explain it for a to z for you.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 03:18 AM

Rally will be doing his under ice beaver snaring demo at the FTA in Marshfield this year. He does a great demo.

Bryce
Posted By: The Beav

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 05:01 AM

If you want custom stuff made he's the man.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 11:30 AM

Trappers are fortunate to have a guy like Rally...he sells quality goods and shares his knowledge about using them freely...what he does not share is the work involved with his big catches. He is a worker! Thanks Rally!
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: MChewk
Trappers are fortunate to have a guy like Rally...he sells quality goods and shares his knowledge about using them freely...what he does not share is the work involved with his big catches. He is a worker! Thanks Rally!

Couldn't agree more
Posted By: coydog2

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 01/02/18 11:58 AM

I had spend some time with him at last year FTA and learn alot from him.I know him from a different site that we are both on.He told me about the work he put into beaver trapping.I did get some supplies from him also.Let him know what you looking to use the snare for and he set you up.
Posted By: Paul Reed

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 12/16/18 06:39 PM

Does he have a website or how does one contact him?
Posted By: Northof50

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 12/17/18 04:03 AM

Just text him....he will be on his Sandac chasing underwater/hard water beaver now

His number is;
218-697-8113
he rarely logs in but looks so he misses PM's
Posted By: Paul Reed

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 12/18/18 12:20 PM

Thank you
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 12/18/18 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Rally is top notch, all the way around! Great guy to do bussiness with.

You said it Lee. A great guy!
Posted By: Jason Turner

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 12/22/18 03:39 AM

Rally and the snares he makes are top-notch for sure.
Posted By: AJE

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 12/22/18 04:16 PM

A week or so ago I saw him posting on here, but it seems rare. It was nice to see him on here.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 12/22/18 04:28 PM

When I talked to him last week,he was going to South Dakota over Christmas to hunt pheasants. Those labs need to work too.
Tom
Posted By: Northof50

Re: a plug for Rally Hess - 12/24/18 04:44 AM

Those labs need to play too.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums