Home

Gulf shrimp

Posted By: NE Wildlife

Gulf shrimp - 02/10/18 11:17 PM

Anyone have any good suggestions on where to order flash frozen gulf shrimp and what time of
The year is best to order them? Looking to buy around 40-50 lbs.

Re: Gulf shrimp - 02/11/18 03:18 AM

Ttt
Posted By: wwc

Re: Gulf shrimp - 02/11/18 03:48 AM

Following also love crawfish and shrimp ,kinda hard to obtain around here!
Posted By: jtg

Re: Gulf shrimp - 02/11/18 04:12 AM

These guys can help you out. https://www.boydsonestop.com/

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/13/18 07:30 PM

Ttt
Posted By: Fur Hanger

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/13/18 08:49 PM

Check these folks out in Louisiana. Never bought the shrimp but they do have good crawfish.

http://www.lacrawfish.com/Gulf-Shrimp-C24.aspx
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/13/18 09:46 PM

yrs ago i lived on the intercoastal canal off the gulf. I was a fisherman ...we seined the shrimp for bait but nothing beats gulf shrimp..farm raised suck!!
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/13/18 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Fur Hanger
Check these folks out in Louisiana. Never bought the shrimp but they do have good crawfish.

http://www.lacrawfish.com/Gulf-Shrimp-C24.aspx

Again never bought their shrimp but have ordered 80lbs of crawfish a number of times and have always had great service.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/13/18 11:21 PM

What does everyone figure on amount lbs per person?

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/13/18 11:45 PM

me,5 pounds
Posted By: bic

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/13/18 11:48 PM

Doesn't T-man member Bud Guidry own and run a shrimp boat in the gulf?

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: west river rogue
me,5 pounds

For yourself or 5 lbs person does it reall take that much?

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 12:52 AM

for me only...

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 01:17 AM

I don't think I can do 5 but I know I can eat 3 lb by myself. I would really like to see how much King crab I could eat but I never had enough money to try and find out.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 01:27 AM

I was in the Florida Keys many years ago and found out that the gulf has different kinds of shrimp. My favorite was called rock shrimp. They were small, stocky very firm and the best tasting shrimp I have ever eaten. It must not be caught in large enough quantities to be marketed beyond local I guess. Too bad.

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: bic
I don't think I can do 5 but I know I can eat 3 lb by myself. I would really like to see how much King crab I could eat but I never had enough money to try and find out.
u and me both bic
Posted By: keystone

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 02:57 AM

I’m not sure where to order them but if you haven’t tried Royal Red shrimp order you some if there available. Hands down the best shrimp i’ve ever put in my mouth. I hosted a seafood dinner while on vacation in Alabama and i had fresh jumbo shrimp and i also had the Royal Reds, the jumbo shrimp sat on the table like a decoration. That’s how good the Reds are, they get them in the gulf but from what i understand they have to go way deeper.

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: west river rogue
Originally Posted By: bic
u and me both bic

10 lbs box of king crap at costco are about 190 bucks and its some of the better quality i been able to get without getting it shipped in from alaska. I can only eat 2 legs if i have it with anything else. So about 2 lbs for me.
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 04:03 AM

I just got in this 20 lb box from Nome yesterday. I eat King crab about once a week.

This is just the first plate full.

Posted By: charles

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/14/18 04:16 AM

Google Garland Fulcher Seafood. Probably be best to order 50lbs unless they have 25lb cartons. Need to know what size you want.

Might also try Willie Etheridge Seafood in Wanchese NC.

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/15/18 01:11 AM

I just checked the pricing at a place where I have bought good seafood in the past. They are at 30.00 per pound for king crab. Maine Lobster is the same price! Yikes!
Posted By: scalloper

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/19/18 07:04 PM

I just got a order from a company in LA and they were excellent. I ask for chemical free shrimp and that’s what I got. The company is. Annamarie shrimp.com they offer whole frozen, headless and peeled meats. Also soft shell shrimp which I had never herd of but they too were super. I was on a fab page for shrimpers asking where I could get chem free shrimp and several fishermen recommended these guys.
PS Maine boat price for lobster is very high this time of year until after Easter. Right now they are $9.50

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/19/18 08:01 PM

PS Maine boat price for lobster is very high this time of year until after Easter. Right now they are $9.50

made me hungry,i think ill fix lobster and salmon for dinner.
Posted By: BudGuidry

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/19/18 08:45 PM

You can get royal reds from Joe patti seafood out of Florida, best shrimp in the world, fished in 1800 to 2500 feet of water. Do not overcook. Freshest shrimp in April and May here when seasons open

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/19/18 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: BudGuidry
You can get royal reds from Joe patti seafood out of Florida, best shrimp in the world, fished in 1800 to 2500 feet of water. Do not overcook. Freshest shrimp in April and May here when seasons open

A good friend of mine from Maine fished for royal reds out of LA. Insanely deep water even for us.

Re: Gulf shrimp - 03/19/18 09:18 PM

Dasoto Canyon out of Panama City
© 2024 Trapperman Forums