Home

Got my Moyles order back

Posted By: Badgerman50

Got my Moyles order back - 02/13/18 04:41 AM

I usually tan at least some of my own fur at home. I just didn't feel like it at the end of last season so I took the coyotes I didn't sell and dropped them off at Moyles back in June and basically forgot about them. I gotta say I'm impressed. The six I sent off were my six worst. They look fantastic. A beaver I sent has a quarter size hole by a leg hole, where it looks like someone shaved it too thin. That's about the only thing I see wrong. They take a while but the work is top rate. Might be a while before I tan anything myself again. I'm happy.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Got my Moyles order back - 02/13/18 04:47 AM

Sent in a ugly dark yote a couple years back the buyer said it would not dress out well it came back from Moyles looking way better then what I sent them. It went from a dark ugly to looking like a classic coyote in some areas. Always had a good product from them and all surprises have been good ones.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Got my Moyles order back - 02/13/18 05:09 AM

Always happy with their tanning !
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Got my Moyles order back - 02/13/18 05:13 AM

It's so wierd the mixed reviews...I'm glad yours turned out great!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Got my Moyles order back - 02/13/18 05:40 AM

Not sure what is weird about it.

There have been mixed reviews about other tanneries. Even USA FOXX gets mixed reviews.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: Got my Moyles order back - 02/13/18 12:38 PM

I have never used another tannery and only sent 3 batches to moyles, but I've been extremely satisfied with all of thier work.
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: Got my Moyles order back - 02/13/18 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

Maybe some of that is due to the range of fur put up skills?
Posted By: dublelung

Re: Got my Moyles order back - 02/13/18 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonnytrapper
Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

Maybe some of that is due to the range of fur put up skills?

That would certainly be my guess.
Posted By: merganser

Re: Got my Moyles order back - 02/14/18 01:54 AM

I have always had good success with them. Don't know if they still do it, but back in the late 80's, when muskrats were bringing 75 cents, I had them make me a comforter out of 55 muskrats and 5 small beaver. Man, is it nice! Pretty warm so I don't use it much, but very nice work and am very happy with it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums