Home

used Browning Buckmark - value?

Posted By: btomlin

used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 02:32 PM

I know where there is a used 2015 buckmark practical urx. $250. Not a situation where a haggle would be appropriate. good price/no good price in your opinion?? My initial thought is good, but I am not much of a pistol guy....shotguns are my thing.

I looked at gunbroker and a lot of the used ones have not rec'd bids so I would say they are overpriced and those prices were well above this one.
Posted By: guf54

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 02:55 PM

I would say if it is in like new condition that it is a good deal. I recently bought one this year and even though I haven't used it too much it has worked well for me. I bought mine new for $350 and have seen some on sale as low as $310...but $250 is still quite a bit lower than that.
Posted By: Birch Tree

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 03:36 PM

250.00 is a great price for the Practical URX, as said above if it is in new condition or at least 90% or better then I would snap it up. I have the stainless camper model and I paid 375.00 for it on sale and with the Browning Benjamins deal going on two years ago.
Posted By: BearCave1

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 03:37 PM

That is a good price, they hold there value well.

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 03:54 PM

Ok. He sent it home with me to try out and see if I like it. Sounds like I should go ahead and make room in the safe.

Posted By: RdFx

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 04:28 PM

Buy, dont even dwadle on it, great price....
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 04:47 PM

don't know about that buckmark bought mine in 1988 payed over 200.00 then mags are roughly 15.00 apiece Id buy it hands down for that money
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 05:17 PM

they had them down to 299 for black friday but are 355 with a rebate to make them 319 after mail in rebate

catalog

if you like it get out the 250 and give it to him
Posted By: BearCave1

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 06:37 PM

Buckmark will also fit into perfectly into a simple 1911 leather holster.
Posted By: Northmocats

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 06:55 PM

Let us know if you like it and how it shoots. I'm considering a 22 pistol purchase. Between the browning and the Ruger Mark IV or III. The Ruger IV had a recall and the III's are hard to disassemble I hear. I'm leaning towards a browning myself. Need it to be dead accurate though. The Ruger IV competition's are pretty pricey.

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/13/18 10:18 PM

I think it has a nice trigger and is really comfortable to shoot. It is really fun to “burn up a mag” also. I have no idea on pistol groups. I shot these 10 round groups off a bench at 50’ per the target. Both groups with what I would call cheap target ammo and my hands weren’t warm. I guess I better make that room in the safe.

Posted By: KeithC

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/14/18 12:33 AM

I have a Browning Buckmark that I bought 20 some years ago. I don't remember what I paid for it. I think it was fairly expensive, though I bought a Glock 17 at the same time and got the dealer to go down quite a bit for the pair.

The Buckmark is the gun I carry most when checking my traps. I wish it had a more rust resistant finish. It is decent for dispatching skunks, when you want to stay back a bit. It is not as accurate as I would like it to be on squirrels at longer distances, that my Ruger 10/22 still does well at.

Keith
Posted By: 2labs

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/14/18 01:09 AM

Very good price, snag that thing!!
Posted By: cmcf

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/14/18 01:17 AM

With a little practice and some ammo your gun likes you will be able to do that at 100ft. Buck marks are capable of it.
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/14/18 02:25 AM

Add a red dot if its tapped and its really fun
Posted By: Calvin

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/14/18 02:58 AM

I Have the same gun. the hi viz sight is very nice. Actually I have two as I liked the first one so much.
Seems no matter how dirty you get it, it won't jam, as long as you have a bit of oil on the slide.

Re: used Browning Buckmark - value? - 02/14/18 11:12 AM

Thanks for all the info. I figured it was a good enough deal, but I don’t pay attention to the pistols very much. It is now mine. Now I will need to figure out a holster since I plan to use it for my trapping. Now I don’t have to worry about scratching my great grandpa’s savage 101 that he used on his line. It can stay in its original box with the $23.95 receipt from 1970. Wish those prices would return. Ha ha
© 2024 Trapperman Forums