Home

planning a trip down south

Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

planning a trip down south - 02/13/18 05:51 PM

August of 2019 family trip , yeah I know it's gonna be hot.

I have never been to the gulf coast and my kids will be 17 , 16 and 14 and want to go to Universal studios orlando so that will be a few days.

this will be the last big family trip before they start heading off to college.

the rest of the time will be spent Nashville the wife wants to see the Johny Cash museum , and other music stuff.

then on to Mobile or around it we just kind of picked a place on the map , then to Orlando and when we are done in Orlando up to Savannah then towards the smokey mountains .

tell me what we should be trying to see along the gulf coast , I love food and fishing and stuff that is Unique to that area local food ,local habitat . the girls are cool with spending time at the beach , but I only do beach well with a fishing pole in my hand.

Posted By: Tweed

Re: planning a trip down south - 02/13/18 06:14 PM

Charleston, SC is very cool and historic.
Posted By: Malukchuk

Re: planning a trip down south - 02/13/18 06:29 PM

skip Disney world go to FUN SPOT AMERICA, family fun theme park. the rides are better, no long lines and you can go again on the same ride without standing in line.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: planning a trip down south - 02/13/18 06:46 PM

Swing by Okefenokee NWR....if you want to see some gators.
Posted By: charles

Re: planning a trip down south - 02/13/18 06:58 PM

Biltmore House in Asheville. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC and VA. Go through Pittsburg on your way home. OR you can go through Louisville and Columbus. Both are fun packed.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: planning a trip down south - 02/13/18 07:10 PM

How long is the trip going to be? A week? A month?

Lots and lots of stuff to see and do between Wisconsin and Florida. You will have to prioritize. smile
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: planning a trip down south - 02/13/18 08:51 PM

the trip as planned now will be 16 days

the kids are set on harry potter at universal studios but most everything else is adjustable

Pensacola sounds interesting , I was looking at touring the USS Alabama in Mobile since it is unlikely I will make it over to the USS Wisconsin any time soon

Okefenokee NWR I looked at that on the map

I know we are going to have to prioritize things, thing is I don't even know what I don't know about the gulf coast.

once the kids are out of highschool I am going to have to do the fall winter things I want to do down south like hog hunting
© 2024 Trapperman Forums