Home

Fur Harvesters March Auction

Posted By: bic

Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/17/18 01:52 PM

I noticed the they have their auction quantities posted for their big March sale. There doesn't seem to be an over abundance of fur listed. Maybe, as a whole, trappers really did back down on their catches and not flood the market. Here is the list.

March 9, 2018

Sable

Wild Mink

Muskrat

Otter

Beaver

Coyote

Red Fox

Cross Fox

White Fox

Grey Fox

Fisher

Lynx

Lynx Cat

Raccoon

Badger
Posted By: trapperne

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/17/18 02:29 PM

Outside of coyotes there was hardly any fur out there this year
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/17/18 02:33 PM

I see they have nice round numbers of each species.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/17/18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: bic
I noticed the they have their auction quantities posted for their big March sale. There doesn't seem to be an over abundance of fur listed. Maybe, as a whole, trappers really did back down on their catches and not flood the market. Here is the list.

March 9, 2018

Sable

Wild Mink

Muskrat

Otter

Beaver

Coyote

Red Fox

Cross Fox

White Fox

Grey Fox

Fisher

Lynx

Lynx Cat

Raccoon

Badger

I Heard A Rumor Recently That All Fur Picked Up By A Large Volume U.S. Agent Didn't Make It Across

The Canadian Border To North Bay, Ontario Due To Problems With The USFWS Export Permits Being Expired.

Allegedly, The Fur In Question Will Not Be Included On The Upcoming March 9th FHA Auction.

IF True, This Could Account For The Lower Volume Of Fur On This Upcoming Auction.

w
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/17/18 03:10 PM

some of that fur that Is listed where bought back Items from the last sale.
Posted By: bic

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/21/18 09:09 PM

They are getting close to having it all graded. I'm interested to see how my stuff graded out in this Down year.

They only have Muskrat, Coyote and Coon left to do.
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/22/18 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: walleyed

March 9, 2018

Sable

Wild Mink

Muskrat

Otter

Beaver

Coyote

Red Fox

Cross Fox

White Fox

Grey Fox

Fisher

Lynx

Lynx Cat

Raccoon

Badger

I Heard A Rumor Recently That All Fur Picked Up By A Large Volume U.S. Agent Didn't Make It Across

The Canadian Border To North Bay, Ontario Due To Problems With The USFWS Export Permits Being Expired.

Allegedly, The Fur In Question Will Not Be Included On The Upcoming March 9th FHA Auction.

IF True, This Could Account For The Lower Volume Of Fur On This Upcoming Auction.

w

There was a snag but it was fixed in time and all the fur made it on time and will be included in the upcoming March sale.
Posted By: ottertrapper

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 12:20 AM

March 9, 2018

Sable

Wild Mink

Muskrat

Otter

Beaver

Coyote

Red Fox

Cross Fox

White Fox

Grey Fox

Fisher

Lynx

Lynx Cat

Raccoon

Badger

w

This rumor better not be true! I shipped with my agent on time but I have not seen any fur in my receipts and normally it shows that long ago for this sale. I haven’t heard word from FHA that my fur didn’t make it. If it didn’t they sure should be letting us know.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 12:26 AM

Don't worry if it doesn't make it to this sale it will be on the next sale in North Bay.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 12:32 AM

Huge difference between the March sale in Helsinki and the May sale in North Bay........

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 12:51 AM

Wissmiss,Didn't you just post the other day that the later sale was better,lol.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 12:55 AM

I was talking about NAFA and their middle Sale.

Each auction house has 3 sales this year, with the middle sale being the best, IMO

That is May for NAFA and march for FHA.

I suggest you check your reading comprehension next time.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 01:00 AM

LOL.
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 01:09 AM

Wonder where they get all of the fishers?

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 01:10 AM

Eastern Ontario,has tons of fisher.I know one guy that gets around 90 a year.Dont forget FHA is the offspring of the Ontario Trappers assn.Many Ontario trappers are loyal to their auction house.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/23/18 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
I was talking about NAFA and their middle Sale.

Each auction house has 3 sales this year, with the middle sale being the best, IMO

That is May for NAFA and march for FHA.

I suggest you check your reading comprehension next time.

For my product the one closest to February is the best no matter what order it is in. Last year NAFA's first sale( second for my product) for most wild fur was May and it did the same as FHA's third sale. NAFA's first sale for my product at the end of January (near February) did the best for them. I'll stick with my February marketing plan. smile
Posted By: Squash

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: ebsurveyor

Many of these fisher pelts are being re offered from previous auctions.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 08:34 PM

anxious to see how the coon and rats sell for with comparison to country buyers like groenewold for example

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 08:57 PM

Huge difference between the March sale in Helsinki and the May sale in North Bay........

Please tell me what the huge difference is? Our furs did not make the March sale so they will be in the May sale.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Nittany Lion

Please tell me what the huge difference is? Our furs did not make the March sale so they will be in the May sale.

Nit,

Why Didn't Your Fur Make The March Auction ?

w
Posted By: Starvalleytrappe

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Nittany Lion

The Helsinki sale draws a much large crowd of buyers then north bay. North bay TENDS to be smaller buyers that favor the craft side

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:21 PM

Nobody wants to come to north Bay LOL

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:27 PM

The March sale in Helsinki is the "premier" FHA sale. Better location to attract more buyers. Wild fur exposure to the ranch fur buyers. Offering the most goods with the biggest selection.

The May sale is in North Bay, a bit off the beaten path for a lot of the international buyers. It will feature the goods they don't take to Helsinki - Bears, seals, wolves, wolverine, skunk - goods that are geared more towards the craft/tourist market.

The bulk of the fresh goods will be offered and hopefully sold in March. There will be fewer fresh goods to put up for the May sale. Thus the offering will be down - unless there are a lot of Buy Backs from Helsinki. Fewer fresh goods, smaller collection, off the beaten track. Just not a big drawing card.

The one thing that would "save" the May sale in North Bay is if it is scheduled to coincide with the NAFA sale. If that is the case, then buyers can attend both sales at the same time.

Note - the above are my personal opinions and I stick by them. I'm not in the mood to get in a war of words with the forum experts!! Enough said.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:31 PM

I'm not in the mood to get in a war of words with the forum experts!!

Who Are These FORUM EXPERTS You Speak Of Miss Nancy ? laugh

w

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:41 PM

Walleyed, the short answer is I was undecided where and when to sell and missed the cutoff.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Boco
Eastern Ontario,has tons of fisher.I know one guy that gets around 90 a year.Dont forget FHA is the offspring of the Ontario Trappers assn.Many Ontario trappers are loyal to their auction house.

Hey Mr. Boco, some day if you have time, log on and check how many fisher they sold last year, please & thanks. I forgot my logon stuff.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Squash
Originally Posted By: ebsurveyor

Many of these fisher pelts are being re offered from previous auctions.

Thanks for the info.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/25/18 09:56 PM

I'm not in the mood to get in a war of words with the forum experts!!

Who Are These FORUM EXPERTS You Speak Of Miss Nancy ? laugh

w

I prefer not to name named. Folks know who I am talking about.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/26/18 02:44 AM

Well I'll stick my neck out.

I don't see anyone who has posted on this subject call themselves EXPERTS. All we are doing Is posting our opinions just like you do. So we aren't allowed an opinion?
What I want to know Is who died and left you the keys to the throne?

I will admit that you probably know as much or more than anyone about the auction procedure. But like you said In your post It's just my "opinion" and I'm sticking by It.

Re: Fur Harvesters March Auction - 02/26/18 02:56 AM

I don't know how many fisher they sell at FHA,I think its around 5000 or so usually.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums