Home

Sheriff Israel, department is defensive

Posted By: Ray B

Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/27/18 10:46 PM

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: At Active Shooter Training, Broward Sheriff Israel Instructs People to ‘Run and Hide’; Says Department is ‘A Defensive’ Unit that Doesn’t ‘Attack’

Video at link

https://truepundit.com/exclusive-video-a...-doesnt-attack/

A video has surfaced from a Broward County Sheriff’s active shooter training session where Sheriff Scott Israel instructs a room full of citizens, police officers and SWAT members to run and hide when faced with an active shooter.

Israel also claimed during the training session that his officers were trained to put themselves last in an active shooter scenario, although his officers certainly put themselves first based on the events of the Feb. 14 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting. In addition to the students injured, 17 students were gunned down and killed while sheriff’s officers refused to enter the school.

But his officers did run and hide. They got that part down. As many as four officers refused to enter the school while the shooter was inside.

Israel earlier this week said it wasn’t his responsibility if officers didn’t have the courage to enter the building. Perhaps some of those officers were in the room when Israel instructed people to run and hide.

Israel, on the video, also stresses his department is not offensive. They are defensive, he stresses. They don’t “attack,” he said.

Does that mean you are told to not charge into a building to subdue an active shooter?

Sure sounds like it.

Since when are police defensive when innocent lives are at stake?

We’re not sure where Israel received his training but it sure sounds and appears like he is in the wrong profession.

And it is quite likely people have died because of it.

Israel’s ‘defensive’ department has a history of mistakes and standing down during mass shootings.

In the wake of the Parkland, Florida shooting earlier this month, numerous students and lawmakers have called on Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel to resign over his inaction as leader of the law enforcement department.

According to The Daily Caller, Israel has a history of failure when it comes to responding to crisis situations, including a 2017 shooting at the Fort Lauderdale Airport.

A 99-page report drafted by department officials admitted the agency mishandled that shooting, adding that the department failed to take control of the shooting area, where chaos ensued and the suspect killed five people and injured six others.

Broward County Sheriff No Stranger To Criticism For Past Handling Of A Mass Shooting

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/25/sheriff-scott-israel-past-handling-mass-shooting/
Posted By: Kre

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/27/18 10:56 PM

Israels days are numbered. And, if he somehow keeps his job, then the people of Coward county deserve exactly what they elected.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/27/18 11:08 PM

I think this guy is a punk.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/27/18 11:12 PM

Totally not the way the standards are trained you go in and get the shooter it is the #1 priority has been for years at least they know where the stupid moves came from, the Sheriff! Idiot
Posted By: skippyturtle

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/27/18 11:30 PM

What do people expect from a gun hating democrat!
Posted By: Osky

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 12:17 AM

Sherrif certainly is proud of himself.

Osky
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 12:38 AM

I sure hope people don't view this clown as the standard for law enforcement..
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 12:45 AM

Pathetic. As a man . As a sworn lawman . As a person who bears arms for a living.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 02:18 AM

Posted By: Ringneck1

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 02:37 AM

Words cannot describe how disgusting this guy is. Fox just played a piece of CNN's interview with him. When asked if his department could have done anything differently he replied "listen if's and buts were candy and nuts OJ Simpson would still be in the record books."

The dude is un-hinged.
Posted By: Art S

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 03:56 AM

Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 04:16 AM

Assuming this ain't fake news:...

He has sworn he will not resign.

I sure hope he is fired with no option for a pension before resignation.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt
Pathetic. As a man . As a sworn lawman . As a person who bears arms for a living.

As a vertabrate.

Mike
Posted By: kyron4

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 06:29 AM

Not to knock LEO, but the standards are so low if you score to high on the aptitude test you will be turned away. I'm sure this guy already has a book deal in the works. Pathetic.
Posted By: Hillbilly910

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 09:45 AM

Hope the gun shots haunt him every night...the sheriff, he sold his soul to cover his backside, so I hope much worse for him.

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 10:14 AM

"What you do today,son, you'll have to sleep with tonight"

Hope he hears it all his waking days. The screams and the horror.
Posted By: bamboo

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 10:26 AM

https://youtu.be/zTfX8vJLNjA
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 12:18 PM

I couldn't watch the whole thing but I seen enough to see why things are the way they are.

He is a coward and surrounded himself with like minded people. More cowards.

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 12:37 PM

Don't care what god he prays to, if your armed security guard in a weaponless zone, if you have a soul, you go in...ain't gotta go Chuck Norris on it, but also ain't gonna wait 4 minutes either.

Hope the guy goes insane from guilt.

Hope the sheriff covering it up gets prison, I'm sure some of the fellers inside would like to see him again.

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Hillbilly910

Hope the guy goes insane from guilt.

I am getting he has no guilt as he is the type in his own mind to believe he is always right.

If he surrounded himself with like minded people like he said the whole dept needs to be fired.

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 12:45 PM

And I hope the war vet that CNN used today, to justify the actions of a coward, hope he really knew the implications...weak stretch in my book, ain't watched CNN since the market crash, and they lied about that.

His words were odd, weird even.

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 12:49 PM

The sheriff, no doubt.
I'm hoping the deputy who stood outside while it went down, has ptsd
Nightmares till his time is up.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 01:15 PM

The FBI dropped the ball on a report of this guy being a possible school shooter and I heard the Sheriff department had 40 reports and incidents with this guy were they dropped the ball. A thought crossed my mind (I hope I'm wrong) what if the far left and the shadow Goverment they have in place have an agenda not to stop a school shooting so they can use it to further the gun control agenda. I heard there was rumors that the officers got orders from Sheriff to stand down.Those rumors haven't been confirmed but as guilty as sheriff is acting it makes me wonder.
Posted By: sandhiller78

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 01:30 PM

Someone needs to save the video bamboo posted before utube pulls it. I’m not savvy enough to know how to save it in a format, that it can be archived.
On another front related: Dick’s has caved again. Never liked that place anyway.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 02:23 PM

Heard the same thing along with EMS. So EMS disobeyed the orders.
I was watching fox news last night and they showed an interview from msnbc the sheriff will not release footage of the deputies standing around also might not ever release the video. His reasoning is evidence for the jury. He also stated he didn't watch any footage for 1 week because that's the investigators job not his.

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 02:38 PM

I think the truth on what he calls his amazing leadership will come out in the investigation.

The videos of interviews I seen he stacks lies on top of lies and side steps a lot of the questions.

He is trying to put the blame on others and breaking his arm patting himself on the back.

He even has squad cars with a picture of his face on the side of them. He is to self absorbed to see or admit his failures.

Meanwhile people get killed and he blames law abiding gun owners as the problem.
Posted By: mike jerrell

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 02:48 PM

These so called LEOs failed, Not just as law enforcement but as men. Having been shat at myself ,I can tell you being down range is a horrifying experience,knowing someone is trying to kill you brings out an indescribable fear in most people.Thats where training comes in, In training you learn to work through the fear to accomplish your mission,Neutralize the threat! The mission of those deputies should have been to kill that shooter as quickly as possible. Yes the possibility of killing a student or other cops exists but in such circumstances that danger is outweighed grossly by the option of not attempting to kill the shooter.If those four deputies had quickly closed on and engaged the shooter,He would have had to exchange fire with the cops of keep shooting at kids until LEO managed to kill him. Either way,fewer civilian casualties. I won’t bother bashing these cowards,If they are men,Their conscience should haunt them the rest of their lives.

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 02:59 PM

You are correct Mike.

I to have been shot at so I can relate on how to react.

If you are trained mentally and physically you react out of instinct. No second guessing and no hesitation.

If your not trained correctly you stand behind a concrete barrier and look at your fellow coward officers while kids are being shot

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 02/28/18 03:05 PM

And I might add I believe these officers were waiting for thier sheriff to give them the ok to take thier bullet out of thier pocket and load thier guns.
Posted By: mike jerrell

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 03/01/18 12:27 AM

I live in what many call the poorest,most backward,uneducated state in the country, Also live in the old poor red clay hill country.Be that as it may, If that or any other shooter got into one of our schools,He would have died there,Our good ol boy,Sherriffs department and police,male,female ,black,white and Native American would have gone after that shooter and probably like the incident in Pearl Ms.yrs ago,Some of the faculty would have filled their hand and went after him and his arse would have been crunch and ready for the morgue.These small town and rural cops,if they don’t have kids or grandkids in that school their neighbors do.Theyd rather die tryin to save em than have to live there knowing they did nothing.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Sheriff Israel, department is defensive - 03/01/18 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town
Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

As a vertabrate.

Mike

Its by definition not a vertebrate. They do as the name implies have spines. This POS does not.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums