Home

Bye Bye “Dicks”

Posted By: WHSKR

Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 01:31 PM

Dicks another one on the list they are subcumbing to the anti/libs which can not discern the social, legal, immoral, lack of judiciary , lack of enforcement to deter the sociopaths and the mentally challenged from the cowardly expression of mass murder. Shootings in school remains a deplorable act and they preach see something say something and what do they do when it is put out there. They tuck their tails and duck their heads because they may offend someone by investigating or acting preventative.
This morning it is reported a 4 time convicted felon kills a cop. Who and what is to blame ?when do the rest of us get pissssed off enough to protest the politically weak we send to authorities and judiciary? Button down and enforce our current laws and make the punishments so hard it would scare my dead grandfather and we might get somewhere. If this offends you good.
Posted By: corky

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 01:43 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/busin...yle-rifles.html

They pulled something like this once before. In my old age I've forgotten the details but I have not set foot in their Green Bay Store ever since. I'm not even sure it's still there. It is telling that the CEO of a gun retailer is not a member of the NRA. I'll bet his father is spinning in his grave.
Posted By: Wesley

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 01:44 PM

I also stopped spending money there after they showed their colors back in 2012. Bunch bed wetting liberals. I like how the CEO or whatever talked about how they supported the 2nd Amendment. Right.....
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 01:51 PM

Have not stepped foot in the Dicks sporting store in my old hometown of Wausau, WI. This just reaffirms as to the reason why! Soon to follow
Gander Mt. into the abyss!

Chris

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:00 PM

The government, law enforcement, the judiciary, the media just will not take responsibility for nurturing and fertilizing and being the enablers of these acts by people on people. They are blinded by blaming an object. They won’t ever stop GM, Ford, Toyota etc.. from making and selling autos that kill thousands or Apple, Nokia , Motorola etc... as texting and driving kills thousands. How can society be so blatantly ignorant? Someone explain to me please?
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:01 PM

Dick's is appropriately named for sure. Field and Stream and Golf Galaxy are the same ownership as Dick's.

Support your local sporting goods stores that are not in business to be politically correct!
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:12 PM

Never been a fan.

20ish or so years ago when they opened in Racine it seemed to focus mainly on golf, fishing and "glamping" with the prices to match their target demographic.

I did impulse buy my 20 gauge there when stopped in to buy a football once though...
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:21 PM

WHSKR, good writeup. You sound way smarter than me, though. Lol.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:38 PM

sick
Posted By: PBS

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:45 PM

Too high priced anyways. They just made it easier.
Posted By: PaRay

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:47 PM

What is really going to screw Dick's is that the Field and Stream stores are Dick's subsidiary. We have a Field and Stream store in Erie that I go to all the time. Last time I was there, they had a lot of AR style rifles and accessories. I wonder if Dick's is going to try and appease both sides by not selling AR's at the Dick's stores and continue to sell ARs at Field and Stream?
Posted By: Teallbrook

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:52 PM

Dick's will stay open whether they sell guns or not. Most of their business comes from selling sporting goods to soccer moms for their kids. Every time I buy ammo there I am usually the only one there, and they usually have what I need in stock.

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 02:54 PM

Wally stopped selling ar-15 a while ago, I believe...
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 03:40 PM

WHOA slow down !! So you guys don't believe in the constitution !!!! Our Vets fought and died for the right to choose!!!!!!. They didn't say they are not going to sale guns , any number of which you have the right to bear and protect yourself.

Don't be a hypocrite !!!! You want your rights but they don't have the right to pick what guns they sale....

So NONE of you guys ever go into Walmart. ?????? How about a gun shop that doesn't have any AR's . Do you walk in and ask "you got any Ar's" . But then walk out if they say no ...

But dick's is too high on most guns . BUT they do have some great clearance prices. If they are going to stop selling them they will be clearanced for less than half.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 03:44 PM

Dick's can make their choices, we as customers can make ours.
Posted By: lebowski

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 04:07 PM

Still there off 172 and 41

They have deals from time to time. Good coupons too.

Good for them for taking a stand.

Originally Posted By: corky
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/busin...yle-rifles.html

They pulled something like this once before. In my old age I've forgotten the details but I have not set foot in their Green Bay Store ever since. I'm not even sure it's still there. It is telling that the CEO of a gun retailer is not a member of the NRA. I'll bet his father is spinning in his grave.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 04:09 PM

Any of you guys have progressive Ins ? Better look at the owner. You eat at Mcdonalds? look them up. See my point yet?? Drink Pepsi?
Posted By: SetNSteel

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 04:25 PM

Yuppy overpriced store anyways.
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 04:33 PM

Too high priced for me.Have not walk in one for that one reason.There is a Scheels not really that far from there anyways and that is where I go to get some of the things I need.They lower then Cabelas also on alot of things.
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SetNSteel
Yuppy overpriced store anyways.

^This .Everytime I go in there 2 stores in my driving area i'm disappointed.
some ammo crappy gun selection and smaller and smaller hunting area!
geared to the crappy yuppy millennials dragging there kids in for Under Armor crap.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 04:37 PM

The Tman trolls are working hard today. At least they're working hard at something.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: PaRay
What is really going to screw Dick's is that the Field and Stream stores are Dick's subsidiary. We have a Field and Stream store in Erie that I go to all the time. Last time I was there, they had a lot of AR style rifles and accessories. I wonder if Dick's is going to try and appease both sides by not selling AR's at the Dick's stores and continue to sell ARs at Field and Stream?

That is what they have been doing since Sandy Hook. Pulled the ARs from Dicks but continued to sell them at Field and Stream. Talk about hypocrites. Now they are going to stop selling them at F&S. Wonder if they will just move them over to Golf Galaxy which is also part of Dick's?
Posted By: Zim

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Kre
The Tman trolls are working hard today. At least they're working hard at something.

LMAO. Good one Kre.

Zim
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Kre

grin
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 05:26 PM

i quit going when they stopped selling hand grenades and mortars.someone gotta feed him. grin
Posted By: jtg

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 05:47 PM

If I am not mistaken they own Field and Stream too. If so, bye bye to both of them.
Posted By: dublelung

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 06:21 PM

How many of those kids in the school that was shot up by the psycho do you thing text and drive? How soon do you think they'll jump on Apple or Samsung to ban those evil phones that caused them to text and drive? Face it folks, this is the new politically correct America. The govt knows what's best for you, just follow along..........
Posted By: dublelung

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: PaRay

No they aren't. The politically correct CEO has already stated F&S wouldn't be selling them either. They're also raising the minimum age for ANY firearm purchaser from 18 to 21. You can now go fight for America's freedom at 18 but as soon as you come back home you have to go back to the kid's playground because you aren't a big boy yet.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dublelung
How many of those kids in the school that was shot up by the psycho do you thing text and drive? How soon do you think they'll jump on Apple or Samsung to ban those evil phones that caused them to text and drive? Face it folks, this is the new politically correct America. The govt knows what's best for you, just follow along..........

Liberals love their phones and they love their cars, so they'll turn a blind eye to those things.
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 07:39 PM

From an LEO perspective I wish the judges would double down on the turds as well. You have no idea how hard it is to not slap the teeth out of a judge when you have a career or armed career criminal not get hammered on violent offenses and felon in possession of a firearm. Crap, the legislators have bumped it down to a third degree felony 2-10 years and it should be a first degree felony and an aggravated offense to boot. Then the law will have some teeth to it if the judges will grow some testicles and slam snot bubbles out of those caught with firearms. The Federal system is based on the sentencing guidelines and they usually get the crap knocked out of them if they are an armed career criminal. I did a federal case on a guy 17 years ago that had 5 violent felony convictions and was 19 years old. He got out last April and committed a capital murder back in December. The state judges could have put this turd away for life on the aggravated 3G offenses and I would have never dealt with him on the fed case nor this murder. He served day for day in the federal system, 16 years and several months. You can't change these turds.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 07:41 PM

How low do u think they (Dick's) will they go on clearing out the AR's?
Posted By: Wallace

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Marty
Wally stopped selling ar-15 a while ago, I believe...

Walmart quit selling ARs a few few years back, but they have a rack full of mini-14s right now.
Posted By: Wallace

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 07:51 PM

Mini 14s are safer though. Even the A-team, military trained mercenaries, fired thousands of rounds and didnt even injure anyone!
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Wallace
Mini 14s are safer though. Even the A-team, military trained mercenaries, fired thousands of rounds and didnt even injure anyone!

Lol...good point
Posted By: Jags

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 02/28/18 08:00 PM

Don't be such a dick Dicks!
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 03:30 AM

Dick's is a privately held company that is free to make any business decision it wants. It is not law, only their policy.

Whether that decision drives them out of business or sets up an example, like some of the drug stores that decided not to sell tobacco remains to be seen.

If you're a pimple faced teen-ager, or an AR fan, you still have plenty of places to go.

Let's see how the (non-Trapperman) public reacts.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 03:45 AM

b'golly I'd boycott that place iffn I knew where it was!
On this forum is the only place I've ever heard of it, so I won't lose any thing by them not selling stuff and they won't miss my business.

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 04:05 AM

They have a really nice outdoor section and their prices are pretty good.
Posted By: Ryan McLeod

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 04:49 AM

Oh dicks sporting goods? By the title i thought the boss was handing out vacations again.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 06:11 AM

Just say no to Dick's.

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 12:40 PM

Well just you wait. When major insurance gets a “hit” on one of thes killings they will simply say we will not insure any retailer selling AR style rifles or Clips with X capacity. The X will get smaller then semi automatic will be 22, or semi shotguns etc.. The anti are lined up and waiting for the political will to give them a crack in the door and the snowball will become an iceberg. One of the worse school shootings was done by a guy who carried 4 hand guns. “ Not an “AR” - killing in cold blooded massacre style is a mental thing and someone with a higher aptitude who is callous and calm can make high casualties with much less fire power than an AR.
If simply taking AR off all shelves in this country would stop this madness I would fight to death for it. That is not an answer to protecting school children.
In our judicial center you can not pack phone, keys, change or anything inside the front door.
Yes it would be expensive and sad for everyone to be searched every time you entered a school campus but let’s get real about protecting these kids and anti up the money to do it right. Yes us taxpayers need to flip the bill on securing entry onto the school campus and further into these schools.
We pay billions in welfare, disability, foreign aide, pork barrell projects but we will “beeatch “ at paying for something like this.
Maybe some of the billions we will spend ona border wall would be better spent on protecting our children. Politics politics politics , they will waste more than it would take to drastically reduce this from happening on school campuses.
And yes they will just move to softer targets I know but the gate is open on this one and it should be closed.
Posted By: madcotrappwr

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
WHOA slow down !! So you guys don't believe in the constitution !!!! Our Vets fought and died for the right to choose!!!!!!. They didn't say they are not going to sale guns , any number of which you have the right to bear and protect yourself.

Don't be a hypocrite !!!! You want your rights but they don't have the right to pick what guns they sale....

So NONE of you guys ever go into Walmart. ?????? How about a gun shop that doesn't have any AR's . Do you walk in and ask "you got any Ar's" . But then walk out if they say no ...

But dick's is too high on most guns . BUT they do have some great clearance prices. If they are going to stop selling them they will be clearanced for less than half.

I can pick not to go there. Which I already did. They shouldn't be bugged by me anyway.
Posted By: Rye

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 01:32 PM

Choosing to not sell a product doesn't bother me. I can find the AR somewhere or build one. However their pushing the age up to 21, I think sets them up for an age discrimination law suit. I'm just waiting on someone to figure that out. I do not believe you can up the age you will sell too once the law establishes what that legal age is. Example. NC allows a kid to get a drivers license at 16 with some staged requirements. One insurance company says that they will not insure anyone under 21. Is this legal? Or is it discrimination? There are probably better examples, like renting an apartment to 18 year olds, which no one wants to do, and setting an official minimum renters age of 21.

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 01:38 PM

Trump is looking to raise the age of purchasing a gun to 21 also.

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 02:34 PM

The only thing I ever purchased at dicks was tenacious tape, twice.

No one else had any round here, so I guess I will order on ebay and keep an extra roll on hand from now on...

No, problem for me. What I do have a problem with is these corporations getting together and 'deciding' what is best for Americans all on their own. So, now most of the big stores here are on the no go list.

Target, wally and dicks. Well....I guess that is ALL of the local big box stress...I wonder what best buy has to say about guns?

I really could not stand shopping at wally anymore anyway.....they just put in more self checkouts, something about those things just rubs me the wrong way....would never use them and contribute to people loosing jobs.

I wonder what cabelas will do?...or is that bass pro?

Anyway.....this is how they got the boy scouts to accept gays/transgender scout leaders.....companies 'decided' it was best for America that the scouts do so and boycotted.

It may be time to get loud!

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 02:55 PM

Marty,
I think Cabela's and Bass Pro are same companies now.

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 02:57 PM

Yea if goggle is right Bass Pro bought Cabela's for about $5 billion.

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 03:02 PM

Thanks.

smile
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 03:38 PM

Link; http://time.com/money/5178963/dicks-semi-automatic-rifles-cabelas-bass-pro-shops/
Posted By: lebowski

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 03:44 PM

Agreed. Stronger sentencing is needed.

Originally Posted By: Sheepdog1
From an LEO perspective I wish the judges would double down on the turds as well. You have no idea how hard it is to not slap the teeth out of a judge when you have a career or armed career criminal not get hammered on violent offenses and felon in possession of a firearm. Crap, the legislators have bumped it down to a third degree felony 2-10 years and it should be a first degree felony and an aggravated offense to boot. Then the law will have some teeth to it if the judges will grow some testicles and slam snot bubbles out of those caught with firearms. The Federal system is based on the sentencing guidelines and they usually get the crap knocked out of them if they are an armed career criminal. I did a federal case on a guy 17 years ago that had 5 violent felony convictions and was 19 years old. He got out last April and committed a capital murder back in December. The state judges could have put this turd away for life on the aggravated 3G offenses and I would have never dealt with him on the fed case nor this murder. He served day for day in the federal system, 16 years and several months. You can't change these turds.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 09:04 PM

Future shows on TV!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/01/18 09:06 PM

grin

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/03/18 02:43 PM

"We have been humbled by the calls, emails, tweets and posts of support that so many of you have sent following our announcement on Wednesday," Dick's Sporting Goods tweeted on Friday. "Our stores are grateful to those of you who have stopped in to share kind words, flowers and donuts."
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/03/18 03:58 PM

Posted By: hippie

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/03/18 07:45 PM

Lol, i like that one
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Bye Bye “Dicks” - 03/03/18 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Wesley
I also stopped spending money there after they showed their colors back in 2012. Bunch bed wetting liberals. I like how the CEO or whatever talked about how they supported the 2nd Amendment. Right.....

X2 .........I never liked that store
© 2024 Trapperman Forums