Home

Packers Fans

Posted By: tbn

Packers Fans - 03/13/18 11:30 PM

I received a message Green Bay cut Jordy,what's up with that?
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Packers Fans - 03/13/18 11:41 PM

He's getting a little long In the tooth.
Posted By: goldy

Re: Packers Fans - 03/13/18 11:44 PM

They also signed Jimmy Graham
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Packers Fans - 03/13/18 11:52 PM

I bet Aaron Rodgers isn't happy about this.

It is completely Hundley's fault that Jordy had a terrible season last year after Rodgers got hurt.
Posted By: keets

Re: Packers Fans - 03/13/18 11:53 PM

nelson was good for another year or 2...Graham?wth

Re: Packers Fans - 03/13/18 11:56 PM

I agree Nancy,I don't think an off year was entirely on Jordy.Rodgers wasn't clicking on all cylinders either.
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:11 AM

Old receivers that lose a step are easily replaced, especially at 10 million a year. Sucks as fan of him but it's the business of winning or losing. You think Rodgers is going to take a pay cut next year after the 84 million guaranteed money Cousins is getting from the Vikings tomorrow?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: tbn
I received a message Green Bay cut Jordy,what's up with that?

He's Damaged goods ..and cant stay on the field
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:20 AM

I heard the Patriots were interested in Nelson. Some one to replace Gronk!,

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:37 AM

I would be ok with the Patriots.

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:48 AM

Danny Amendola just signed with Miami....he got tired of taking the Patriot pay cuts...good for him !

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
I heard the Patriots were interested in Nelson. Some one to replace Gronk!,

If the Patriots can pay him dirt....they will try him out
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:53 AM

Fly Eagles Fly.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:57 AM

With Rodgers skills he can throw to ends that can find ways to open. He just needs a line and backs that keep him from getting hit hard and often. He is great at running but those are the times he gets the serious injuries as well. A back that can run for 1200 or so yards and a back that can catch well would be good additions also.

Bryce
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 01:23 AM

Seeing they are on there knees pray for something better. JMO
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 01:50 AM

Jordy Nelson playing for the Patriots? My worlds are colliding! I'm going to need some serious help.

Moosetrot
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 02:13 AM

Jordy will be an asset to some team for sure. Don't know what overhead he will carry with him. Big change in coaching staff and a new way to look at draft choices can and does make changes.

Bryce
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:02 PM

Agree with WissMiss. And why hasn't Callahan been given the opportunity during the regular season?
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:06 PM

WR especially highly targeted WRs like Jordy become high mileage pretty quickly. Imagine going through a car crash each time the ball is thrown to you.

He was one of my favorites but his time has passed. Now....it's time for Adams to come into his own.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 12:33 PM

I read rodgers is wanting a new contract. What will happen there and do they give him a new contract or do nothing? He has two year left on existing contract is what it said on MSNBC sport news.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 04:02 PM

Nelson to to replace the Gronk?

Now that's a real stretch of the imagination.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 05:13 PM

Jordy losing a few steps means he can only beat you by 5 instead of 7. Hate to see him go. I agree with wissmiss, Calahan could be outstanding.He kinda reminds me of that Brett guy we used to have but needs more playing time.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 05:16 PM

The Vikes paying Cousins 84 million, YIKES.
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: MsgRet
Jordy losing a few steps means he can only beat you by 5 instead of 7. Hate to see him go. I agree with wissmiss, Calahan could be outstanding.He kinda reminds me of that Brett guy we used to have but needs more playing time.

Brett is my all time favorite! But.....I never want to see another Packer's QB like him again. I'm getting older and I like bacon...I don't think my heart could handle bacon AND FAVRE.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson

And no QB's left. With the salary cap, they can't spend much to shore up their offensive line. A QB isn't much better than his offensive line and his receivers. If Cousins gets hurt, who's his back up?
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
I bet Aaron Rodgers isn't happy about this.

It is completely Hundley's fault that Jordy had a terrible season last year after Rodgers got hurt.

This is not exactly true. The back up QB often has a better repoire with the 3rd,4th, 5th WR's because they are the ones they throw to most in practice. Their timing is more in sync. But to completely blame Hundley for his failures and Jordy's demise isn't fair. The coaching staff has to take the brunt of the blame for his failures. Hundley did much better running the no huddle.This allowed him more time to read the defense than walking to the line after the huddle. His stats are night and day in the huddle vs. no huddle. The coaching staff needed to recognize this and play to his strength instead of to their ego. This is why Capers is gone. And as far as was stated that Jordy didn't fit in with the new coaching staff Joe Philbin was the offensive coord. during the 2010 SB win so no unknown change is offense there.
Posted By: Jags

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: snowy
I read rodgers is wanting a new contract. What will happen there and do they give him a new contract or do nothing? He has two year left on existing contract is what it said on MSNBC sport news.
Yeah he needs a little more money now that his Sweetheart lost her job. She will probably want a little cash for the Indy 500. grin
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Trapper7
Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson

And no QB's left. With the salary cap, they can't spend much to shore up their offensive line. A QB isn't much better than his offensive line and his receivers. If Cousins gets hurt, who's his back up?

Trevor Siemian from Denver.

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jags
Originally Posted By: snowy
Yeah he needs a little more money now that his Sweetheart lost her job. She will probably want a little cash for the Indy 500. grin

LOL >>>> she is easy on the eyes but maybe not so much on the pocket book. LOL

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 11:22 PM

Nobody self destructs like the Vikings.They made it to the NFC title game so they're good for a decade or so. My Packers may be in for some mediocre years but I still get to view 4 SB trophies in the display room.

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: MsgRet
Nobody self destructs like the Vikings.They made it to the NFC title game so they're good for a decade or so. My Packers may be in for some mediocre years but I still get to view 4 SB trophies in the display room.

Well not every team is as good as GB and they have been very lucky to have great QB's.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Packers Fans - 03/14/18 11:52 PM

The Vikes will spank the pack next year.

Re: Packers Fans - 03/15/18 12:03 AM

You're probably right Rat M., but ya gotta win a SB to have a seat at the big table. Welcome Eagles. I predict the vikes or maybe the Lions will be NFC north champs.
Posted By: Malukchuk

Re: Packers Fans - 03/15/18 12:23 AM

Re: Packers Fans - 03/15/18 12:29 AM

Me2.I have a hat with one on it. To each his/her/whatever own!
Posted By: corky

Re: Packers Fans - 03/15/18 09:26 PM

Jordy Nelson signed with Raiders. 2 years, $15 mil, $13 mil guaranteed. Good luck to him. Packers couldn't afford that type of money for the expected production.
Posted By: mttrapperguy

Re: Packers Fans - 03/15/18 09:34 PM

Vikings are not going to spank anybody, especially the pack. You can't keep doing a quarterback carousel and win.

Re: Packers Fans - 03/15/18 09:37 PM

Dang,was told today Seattle was looking at him pretty hard.Told the Mrs. last night,I didn't think he would go the Raiders route being a farm kid,lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums