Home

Victor 4N, is there such a thing?

Posted By: kansaskoons

Victor 4N, is there such a thing? - 03/14/18 02:50 AM

I got three victor number four long springs with cast jaws. They don't have the 3n chain, are they 4ns? What might they be worth in fair condition.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Victor 4N, is there such a thing? - 03/14/18 02:58 AM

Could be just old #4s back when most jaws were cast? Nancy is the T-man expert on traps she knows her stuff!
Posted By: 10bands

Re: Victor 4N, is there such a thing? - 03/14/18 03:10 AM

Cast jaw victor 3s and 4s are common. I'm pretty sure the 4N was made and will have the 3N style cast jaws. Offset with the tips turned up and a cast clevis. I've had a bunch of cast jaw 4s but only one that looked just like a 3N except for the size.
Posted By: kansaskoons

Re: Victor 4N, is there such a thing? - 03/14/18 03:35 AM

I think they are just cast jaw 4s then, thanks.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Victor 4N, is there such a thing? - 03/14/18 03:51 AM

Yes, there is a 4N Victor long spring trap. Not made for very long. In complete, stock condition, they do have collector value.

The 2 features to look for that make it a 4N -

- Cast jaws that are very slightly offset
- 30 inches of twist link chain with a fairly heavy barrel swivel on the end and a heavy clevicebattaching the chain to the spring.

There are lots and lots of Victor # 4 double longs with cast jaws that are not 4N. Those cast jaws are NOT offset.

One other thing, the pan on a 3N or 4N trap will be an ordinary # 3 or # 4 pan. No special markings.
Posted By: mike mc murray

Re: Victor 4N, is there such a thing? - 03/14/18 05:23 AM

Alot of the 4ns had a mid chain newhouse swivel they are a very nice and collectable trap
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Victor 4N, is there such a thing? - 03/14/18 05:50 AM

There was one on the trap shed recently.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums