Home

Knife guys, ID help please?

Posted By: Osky

Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/02/18 09:30 PM

Very old. Not a mark I can find on it. I am going to have it polished out to new and use it to carve up the first bear of the year unless someone has info not to. Great balance and weight. 10.5" total. Thanks guys.
Osky
Posted By: beltrami trapper

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/02/18 09:52 PM

Looks similar to a 1950's era schrade/walden H-15 but there is usually a plastic piece behind the finger guard and the pommel was silver, brushed aluminum i think. now that I think about it I dont think the finger guard extended on both sides like that one does.. But the blade shape and handle very much resembles an H15

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/02/18 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: beltrami trapper
Looks similar to a 1950's era schrade/walden H-15 but there is usually a plastic piece behind the finger guard and the pommel was silver, brushed aluminum i think. now that I think about it I dont think the finger guard extended on both sides like that one does.. But the blade shape and handle very much resembles an H15

Thanks Belt... No plastic anywhere and really doesn't look like any would be missing.

Osky
Posted By: beltrami trapper

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/02/18 09:59 PM

Some of the 50s and 60s era Air Force survival knives looked alot like that too, maybe look at some of them. Either way, I would sharpen it up and use it!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/02/18 11:24 PM

Several makers made that pattern. Kabar came to mind when I saw it but camillus made them as well.

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/03/18 12:24 AM

It is a lighter blade than most. Won't run this one thru a spine without it breaking. The flex is intriguing.
I thought maybe a kabar as well but it seems more plain Jane than most of those.

Osky
Posted By: tjm

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/03/18 01:30 AM

My first thought was 'tween the wars military, at the time the modern fighting knife was being developed.

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/03/18 12:35 PM

Thanks TJ..
It came out of a very old box that contained a Minnesota hunting license from 1915, filled out by a woman. The license still had the tear off moose coupon attached. The deer and caribou tags had been removed. Perfect condition.
Hence I am wondering on the knifes age. I plan on having a sheath made and using it either way.

Osky
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/03/18 12:45 PM

any possibility its a handmade knife?

i hang out over at bladeforums a bit and those guys can tell you if anybody can
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Knife guys, ID help please? - 04/03/18 01:31 PM

It looks similar to an old Marbles knife that I have.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums