60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 08:59 PM

https://youtu.be/Rj57xokQst4
Posted By: adam m

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 09:03 PM

What's a gun whistle
Sounds like those residents have 60 days to stock up on ammo and their 2nd
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 09:09 PM

I would personally call them . And tell them to come get my assualt rifle. I will be the guy in tatical gear standing by the mailbox! smirk
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 09:14 PM

What town is this ?
Posted By: Ray B

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 09:39 PM

Deerfield, Illinois

Deerfield Bans Semiautomatic Weapons; Residents Face Steep Fines

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/04/03/deerfield-bans-semiautomatic-weapons/
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 09:40 PM

Some Jackwagons with too little brains and too much power, what a wanker fest~
Posted By: billsauk

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 09:51 PM

better hope that doesn't catch on.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: steeltraps
I would personally call them . And tell them to come get my assualt rifle. I will be the guy in tatical gear standing by the mailbox! smirk

Want it over with quick, huh. lol
Posted By: Zim

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted By: steeltraps

Want it over with quick, huh. lol

Yep, I'm thinking that is the way that one would go.

Zim
Posted By: 20scout

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 11:21 PM

Maybe someone should start a Black Guns Matter protest......
Posted By: Getting There

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/06/18 11:26 PM

This issue need to be kept track of!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:10 AM

I hope they have a Hindu sheriff that is a strong believer in life after death when he has to enforce that crap.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:15 AM

...and so begins the new civil war.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: 20scout
Maybe someone should start a Black Guns Matter protest......

I'm already one step ahead of you.

Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:24 AM

Awesome decal
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 03:26 AM

I hope all gun owners ban together and fight this as it will spread if they don't.

I see a lawsuit coming
Posted By: furgotten

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 10:40 AM

That could get major , will be watching this !
Posted By: Teacher

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 11:02 AM

Let’s see if i understand the logic everyone is talking about.
The city council, fearing what appear to be assault rifles, pass an ordinance that requires members of their community to get rid of or turn in their assault weapons. By law, the deliberations on such ordinance is in the public domain meaning you could have gone to the publicly held meetings and gave your opinion but most did not. Now you’re complaining your city council, whom you elected to represent the city of Deerfield, has somehow developed an ordinance that doesn’t serve the greater good.

Playing devil’s advocate here, if you didn’t go to the public meetings, contact your councilman with your opinions or get involved in any opposition to this ordinance, what are you complaining about now?

Until the law/ordinance is proven unconstitutional or voted down, it is the law of Deerfield. To not turn in/sell to a buddy you're now declared illegal gun makes you a Lone Ranger, which is just what the law hopes to stop by getting rid of the guns in the first place. America doesn’t need lone rangers anymore. Those days are gone. And personally, I don’t think America needs civilians to have high capacity magazines, bump stocks, silencers, cop-killer ammunition or armor piercing bullets in this day in age. I’ve never seen a duck, deer, squirrel, rabbit, coyote, pheasant or any other game animal harvest that needed any of these things. Nor do I see the need for this level of fire power to keep intruders out of my house. I’m not against gun ownership at all. I have a couple pistols I use for trapping. What I’ve never understood is the mindset that throws up the second amendment and doesn’t recognize that this country is protected by an army, navy, Air Force, marines, hundreds of thousands of police officers, FBI, NSA, CIA, state and local equivalents of the Justice departments and so on. More assault (type) rifles in untrained hands doesn’t make ME feel any safer.
Posted By: Marty

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Teacher
The city council, fearing what appear to be assault rifles, pass an ordinance that requires members of their community to get rid of or turn in their assault weapons. By law, the deliberations on such ordinance is in the public domain meaning you could have gone to the publicly held meetings and gave your opinion but most did not. Now you’re complaining your city council, whom you elected to represent the city of Deerfield, has somehow developed an ordinance that doesn’t serve the greater good.

Playing devil’s advocate here, if you didn’t go to the public meetings, contact your councilman with your opinions or get involved in any opposition to this ordinance, what are you complaining about now?

Until the law/ordinance is proven unconstitutional or voted down, it is the law of Deerfield. To not turn in/sell to a buddy your now declared illegal gun makes you a Lone Ranger, which is just what the law hopes to stop by getting rid of the guns in the first place. America doesn’t need lone rangers anymore. Those days are gone. And personally, I don’t think America needs civilians to have high capacity magazines, bump stocks, silencers, cop-killer ammunition or armor piercing bullets in this day in age. I’ve never seen a duck, deer, squirrel, rabbit, coyote, pheasant or any other game animal harvest that needed any of these things. Nor do I see the need for this level of fire power to keep intruders out of my house.

since we are talking about what we think others may or may not need, I think we do not need people with your opinion....if you do not like the Constitution maybe move to somewhere else?

Since you think its OK for Deerfield residents to have to move if they want 'assault' weapons I am sure that you can understand the logic of my statement and the fact that I am publicly voicing my opinion on the matter.

smile
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:01 PM

Teacher we don't live in a democracy. While the majority of Deerfield may indeed want everybody unarmed they can not vote away rights. I'm sure somewhere in America is a whole county that would vote away the right of white people to vote. You think the white people in that county should just accept that???????????????

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:04 PM

FWIW nobody but the people who live there know if they are in Deerfield or Chicago
Posted By: flash

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:26 PM

silence is golden......

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:44 PM

Teacher:
When is the last time you went to a school board meeting, Township meeting, Library board meeting, road comm. meeting, county board meeting? This list can go on and on! WE need our weapons more than ever in this day and age. There were not the gangs, drug and dead beats we have today. In most police arrive after the fact. I feel our police have a thankless job and do a great job! We all need to support them as much as possible! The person in the black robe will work this out, and who has to pay for it, the residents of the city. Lets start thing of the majority of the citizen in this country.
That go to work every day, pay taxes and obey the laws and take care of there of family's.
JMO

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:49 PM

Until the law/ordinance is proven unconstitutional or voted down, it is the law of Deerfield. To not turn in/sell to a buddy you're now declared illegal gun makes you a Lone Ranger, which is just what the law hopes to stop by getting rid of the guns in the first place. America doesn’t need lone rangers anymore. Those days are gone. And personally, I don’t think America needs civilians to have high capacity magazines, bump stocks, silencers, cop-killer ammunition or armor piercing bullets in this day in age. I’ve never seen a duck, deer, squirrel, rabbit, coyote, pheasant or any other game animal harvest that needed any of these things. Nor do I see the need for this level of fire power to keep intruders out of my house. I’m not against gun ownership at all. I have a couple pistols I use for trapping. What I’ve never understood is the mindset that throws up the second amendment and doesn’t recognize that this country is protected by an army, navy, Air Force, marines, hundreds of thousands of police officers, FBI, NSA, CIA, state and local equivalents of the Justice departments and so on. More assault (type) rifles in untrained hands doesn’t make ME feel any safer.

WOW!!

Typical anti right here.
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:50 PM

Read section 15-89 of that new law. The penalty can go as high as $1,000 PER DAY , with each day's violation constituting a separate and equal offence under the law. $1,000 per day x 365 days = $365,000 . shocked
Posted By: Ric

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 12:59 PM

Teacher,

May I suggest some homework which you seem to desperately need.

Please give us a short report footnoted report on WHO ends an armed confrontation the aggressor or the defender?

The meaning of "Posse Comitatus"

Please read "CASTLE ROCK V. GONZALES (04-278) 545 U.S. 748 (2005)366 F.3d 1093, reversed. And give us a outline of the courts ruling

After you are done just for your own edification research the mission and limitations of the CIA, NSA and FBI
Posted By: goatman

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:03 PM

2nd amendment isn't about hunting. It's about a rogue government.
Posted By: Creek

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:07 PM

I`m sure every felon and would be criminal will turn there assult rifles in.
The NRA needs to get on this quick.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:08 PM

I would move
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:08 PM

×2
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:20 PM

As a teacher I am embarrassed for you having the handle teacher. I question if your really were! "Teacher" what did you teach? If you say any social science course I understand why so many are upset with my profession. The founding fathers placed the right to keep and bear arms in place to defend against a tyrannical government such as King George III. The military, police, FBI, etc. are amazing people. But whose side will they be on when the leadership of this country decides they are "King". I teach my students to think for themselves and present all information on both sides. I intentionally present anti-gun rhetoric to my pro-gun community so they are prepared for people like you. But your opinion to me is a total disrespect for me and those of us undefended.
As a Teacher, Coach, and Athletic Director, Live in group home director with 8 juvenile delinquents for 10 yrs., I have had my and my families life threatened plenty of times. Law enforcement encouraged us to be prepared to defend ourselves. Most of these warnings came in the past 25 (10 years the most serious) years as a teacher etc. Yet in schools my students and I are soft targets. I have training, license and conceal carry, as does my wife and my children, who have their own families but still have threats against them over their heads because of my jobs, which were and are to help others. There are many cognitively challenged people in this world. I want and need myself, my family, and students now and in the future to have these rights, and should be entitled to any means necessary to defend all of us. Including people like you who are so near sighted you cannot see outside your little world. Police can take 20 minutes to get to our school and my home. I'll take any odds I can to increase defending all of us. Yes, I am a teacher, and I am proud of it.
Posted By: Dead Coyote

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:25 PM

Posted By: one toe

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:32 PM

They tried this sort of thing before in a Chicago suburb and lost the court case.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 01:35 PM

Teacher,I typed out a long reply to your post but deleted it. I think you should not post anything on guns again. If you're going to infringe on my second amendment rights, I'm going to infringe on your first.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:09 PM

From what I’ve read and heard about this ordinance, it’s not about pistols, shot guns or 30-06 deer rifles. It’s about assault type rifles. Your right to defend your castle is not being infringed upon, its to limit what guns you use to defend it.

Danny, I don’t recall the Deerfield ordinance had anything to do with voting rights. The second amendment isn’t being infringed upon either. You can still own firearms in Springfield but assault (type) weapons are no longer acceptable.
Posted By: bic

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:12 PM

Teacher, do you even know what the second amendment says and it purpose? It's not about hunting!

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:13 PM

From what I’ve read and heard about this ordinance, it’s not about pistols, shot guns or 30-06 deer rifles. It’s about assault type rifles. Your right to defend your castle is not being infringed upon, its to limit what guns you use to defend it.

Danny, I don’t recall the Deerfield ordinance had anything to do with voting rights. The second amendment isn’t being infringed upon either. You can still own firearms in Springfield but assault (type) weapons are no longer acceptable.

Define assault rifle?

As my rifles have never assaulted anyone.

You have no clue what the 2nd amendment stands for.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:13 PM

Teacher, flat out lies are never going to influence very many people. Neither is pretending ignorance. Why not post under your name if you really don't think your trying to take my rights from me? Granted Nancy Pelosi has armed guards protecting her but at least she doesn't hide from people.
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:16 PM

Would it be considered infringing on our first amendment rights if the government said you can still say stuff about the government you just can't say bad things about the government.
Posted By: corky

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:16 PM

Sure glad I didn't have Teachers like you.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: corky

There are some great teachers out there but far and I mean far more of them are anti.

Teachers like this is what is poisoning our future generations.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:31 PM

Vocabulary Test Monday: 100% of grade

shall- expressing a strong assertion or intention.

not- used with an auxiliary verb or "be" to form the negative.

be- to exist or live,

infringed- act so as to limit or undermine(something); encroach on.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:34 PM

So let me get this straight. You actually think these people will be happy taking your scary black rifle, but will allow you to keep shotguns and deer rifles. You honestly don't think they will come for those next? Are you going to happily give up your trapping pistols then? I truly want to know.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:37 PM

If they are considering the AR-15 as an assault weapon you have to be kidding, They are not the same weapon that our Arm Forces use! We all know full automatic weapons have been out lawed or banned years ago.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:38 PM

teacher
you have no idea whom your preaching your fantasy world to . prime example there are a majority of people on this site whom are prior military . if people like you , whom apparently have been drinking poisoned water ,think we are under trained and unsworn your in for a very rude awakening .
lucky them I don't live in Deerfield !
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:40 PM

Automatic weapons need to be easily and readily available to all, without government interferance or artifical price setting schemes making it only for the rich. The NFA gentrification of automatic weapons and destructive devices is a slap in the face to freedom.
Furthermore, I call on all people who love freedom to stop using 'automatic weapons are already illegal' arguments in any form. Instead, use the opportunity to call for the repeal of the NFA by using the words of the 2nd Amendmemt and by teaching what the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was and IS. Carry on.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:40 PM

Teacher, the second is not about deer hunting, or rabbits or squirles. It is about people. Specifically people enamored with power, that would gladly enslave their fellow human beings given half a chance. And lacking that half given they will lie, propagandize, and steal votes to get the control they so desperately crave.

Forum rules state no antis. You want to begin and increase the erosion of the second amendment. I believe that is about as anti as it gets.

Based upon your other posts re; the second amendment I don't believe this is a one of, but an ongoing belief in big government being benign and taking care of you cradle to grave. I would urge you to get with one of your colleges that teach
HISTORY.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 02:41 PM

Time to change that Getting There. I've had a belly full of people that think the world be safer if they just pass a few more laws. I am not going to be polite anymore to those who want to take my liberty.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 03:03 PM

If the solution does not have a armed good guy or more at the point of the problem it's just a bunch of cheap talk that does not solve anything!
Posted By: goldy

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 03:23 PM

But it's teachers like this that are influencing our kids these days. The reason for the second amendment was so people could protect themselves from the GOVERNMENT. The libs don't accept this though, because they think the government is the answer to everything, so they choose to interpret the constitution differently than what the writers intended. Restricting THE PEOPLE to inferior arms is plainly unconstitutional.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 03:31 PM

Flynn is correct, full autos should be able to be purchased over the counter as well as suppressors and anything else I want. Once legal for everyone the price will take care of itself. If these illegal laws keep being enacted the people doing so might find themselves on the wrong end of the very weapon they are trying to ban.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: danny clifton
Time to change that Getting There. I've had a belly full of people that think the world be safer if they just pass a few more laws. I am not going to be polite anymore to those who want to take my liberty.

Danny:
I have no problem with that! It is much harder to repeal a law than to prevent it!

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson
Flynn is correct, full autos should be able to be purchased over the counter as well as suppressors and anything else I want. Once legal for everyone the price will take care of itself. If these illegal laws keep being enacted the people doing so might find themselves on the wrong end of the very weapon they are trying to ban.

Ya gol' darn tootin. I'm sick of whiny liberals and trying to excite Republicans to go for anything more than a slight discontinuation of existing B.S. laws. Vote for change, dramatic change.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 04:01 PM

After reading what teacher wrote..my head is still spinning with all the things that are so wrong with his beliefs. I could go on and on beating a dead horse but instead will only say this.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

The government does not fear the people these days. Not at all. Not even local governments.

If you wanna lower crime, the only way is for the would be victims to arm themselves. If you rely on anyone but yourself for protection you are either a child or an idiot.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 04:05 PM

Teacher is just that. This was never about hunting and neither is the 2nd amendment. But why waste my time telling you your the "TEACHER"

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 04:07 PM

The true criminals are trying to take our guns. And they brainwash people into it being a good idea.

I think Teacher has made most of our point on why teachers are not respected in schools.

He might not know it but we all know what he is. POISON TO FREEDOM
Posted By: ol mike

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: racerboy108

There are some great teachers out there but far and I mean far more of them are anti.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: trapper4

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 05:09 PM

Please tell me what kind of "teacher" are you? Teachers are supposed to look at evidence and then pose logical argumentation. "I think" is not logic! The second amendment was written to take the stupidity of "I think" out of the hands of illogical dictators.
I think "teachers" in most places ought to be banned, why do we need people to brain wash our children when we already have the left wing media. If it comes down to "I think" we all may be in trouble!
LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: hippie

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 05:14 PM

This needs pushed to the SCOTUS and they need to hear it. Last one they didn't want to hear, but send enough there and maybe we'll get somewhere.

The big arguement is the Heller decision didn't apply to rifles, so these idiots are skating by on that premise.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 05:45 PM

Nobody is saying you can't vote... You just have to be white, pass a test, and pay a poll tax to vote.

Nobody is saying you can't have free speech... You just can't speak above a whisper in public.

No one is saying you don't have 5th amendment rights... If you have nothing to hide then answer all the officer's questions.

Any other constitutional rights you care to eviscerate while you're at it?

Mike
Posted By: Jonnytrapper

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 06:13 PM

Yea right. 90% of homicides are done with handguns so pistols are next and then your 30-06 deer "sniper" rifle.

If you think there is one lick of difference between an AR and any other rifle you're out of your mind.
Posted By: ringtailtrapper

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 06:33 PM

In 59 days we start hanging public officials in Deerfield. That will be the new story now !!

That Teacher fella sucks eggs !!!
Posted By: nightlife

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: ringtailtrapper
In 59 days we start hanging public officials in Deerfield. That will be the new story now !!

That Teacher fella sucks eggs !!!

Makes me ashamed to be in the profession of teaching

By the way I have a rope I will donate as well as some time off to help
Posted By: one toe

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 07:47 PM

The US Supreme Court ruled against the Oak Park (Chicago Suburb)handgun ban. The ruling stated that the 2nd amendment extends to and overrides local and state restrictions on gun ownership.

Gun "Ownership"! It doesn't matter whether a ban is placed on handguns or long guns. People have the right to "own".
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 07:56 PM

When it comes to gun rights you can not have to many court decisions supporting the 2nd as written.

They'll always keep trying, it's what they do.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 08:08 PM

Are you out of your mind? How is it not an infringement the you get told what rifles or pistols you can and can not have? That is by definition an infringement. Wet yourself a dictionary or get onto Google and read up on that part first. Then once you got the terminology straightened out and understand that part of it, try to find words like squirrel, hunting, in the test of the 2A. Frankly I am glad that you don't live anywhere near my grandson as I would not have him in a school where you " teach" and I am using that word in the broadest sense imaginable in this context.

A more interesting question for me is, "what is an anti like you doing on this site " ??

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 08:37 PM

Oh I feel better now , I had to go to the range and relieve myself .
I cant believe that some thing like that is allowed to teach in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA .

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 08:41 PM

I hear ya forgotten. I had to prep some 5.56 brass for the black rifles to regain my insanity.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 09:00 PM

Makes me wanta walk that quarter mile , just to kick the neighbors dog !!
Posted By: Dragger

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Dead Coyote

We'll call this one "The Uncivil War".

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 09:11 PM

Did I mention there's a fifty foot wide creek going that way .

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: furgotten
Did I mention there's a fifty foot wide creek going that way .

Take some traps with you. Lol

Sickening is it not!!!

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 09:22 PM

I can get there by boat lol
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 09:44 PM

Glad I didn't have to say it.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 09:53 PM

Re-read teachers posts and you will understand how millions of Jewish people walked into gas chambers, oven and camps without a fight...

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 10:16 PM

I had to run down to my gun room and do a head count, all there. Have to keep an eye on those scary black rifles, not to mention those dangerous 30 round mags. I'm actually thinking of separating the two so they don't get any ideas.
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/07/18 10:35 PM

Quote:
Re-read teachers posts and you will understand how millions of Jewish people walked into gas chambers, oven and camps without a fight...

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 04:18 AM

Why do you people say that Indians should only be allowed to exercise their treaty rights with tools that were only available when the treatys were written,but it is OK for you to have modern tools to exercise your legal right to bear arms,and not just those available when your legal document was written?
Hypocrits.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Boco
Why do you people say that Indians should only be allowed to exercise their treaty rights with tools that were only available when the treatys were written,but it is OK for you to have modern tools to exercise your legal right to bear arms,and not just those available when your legal document was written?
Hypocrits.

I agree 100%.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 11:24 AM

Hypocrits.

Time to take your meds, Boco. Geesh.
Posted By: riverbank

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 11:36 AM

Apples and oranges boco. If you are referring to the hunting with the treaty rights, there is a big difference between using a weapon to hunt with and using modern technology to defend your family. I'm not saying that I agree with Indians having to use primitive weapons, only that you have to fight fire with fire when it comes to defending life and liberty. Animals are not armed and ready to strip away your rights.
Posted By: Hal Aggers

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 03:15 PM

How many AR rifles are owned in this country ? Well it will blow your mind more than our military. But these are most owned by law abiding citizens who have never hurt anyone they committed no criminal crimes but you would take there fire arms from them. We have the right to bear arms. This could very well start a civil war.
I will never turn my guns over.
This really blows my mind that this could happen.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 03:26 PM

Will be interesting to see if the supremes once again refuse to hear the case.

I'll be there with you Hal
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 04:45 PM

It's no surprise Hillary carried Olmstead County.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Hal Aggers
How many AR rifles are owned in this country ? Well it will blow your mind more than our military. But these are most owned by law abiding citizens who have never hurt anyone they committed no criminal crimes but you would take there fire arms from them. We have the right to bear arms. This could very well start a civil war.
I will never turn my guns over.
This really blows my mind that this could happen.

But they are scary looking!!!!

To many gendures wearing panties nowadays.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/08/18 06:08 PM

Teacher, google "Minutemen" and remember why the founding fathers thought that possessing up to date firearms was important in civilian hands. Also, the second amendment was not written about duck hunting or any other kind of hunting. It was written to allow citizens to protect the general populace against governmental over-reach. The kind that the Democrat party is endorsing today.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 12:55 AM

It's all about control bowhunter.

If they get the guns we are powerless.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 01:06 AM

Hypocrits.

Oh good, the Indian messiah has decided to weigh in.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 01:25 AM

The obvious divide within America grows daily and it will keep growing.

What will happen?

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt
Hypocrits.

Oh good, the Indian messiah has decided to weigh in.
He likes to live in the past doesn't he. First the war of 1812, now this. Nobody on here has had any influence on either one of those moments in history.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Marty

What will happen?
Bernie will be elected president and we'll all hold hands while singing "Kumbaya" and turning in our firearms. smile

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 01:38 AM

What will happen?

Depends on how strong we feel we want to keep the 2nd amendment as written.

Do we believe in our constitution and what it stands for?

Does it mean enough to fight for it?

Or do us old timers let it go and give our country to the youth?

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: J Staton

What will happen?
Bernie will be elected president and we'll all hold hands while singing "Kumbaya" and turning in our firearms. smile

New neighbor has three Bernie stickers on the rear of his vehicle.... sick

Can't fix stupid so I avoid it, he thinks I am rude.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 01:53 AM

What will happen?

The time has come for blood of traitors to be spilled !!! Send a cold hard message to them, and the rest of the world, that our rights are not up for debate, or compromise. Those continually seeking ways to infringe upon our rights will be labeled as traitors, and handled accordingly.

RTT

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: ringtailtrapper

What will happen?

The time has come for blood of traitors to be spilled !!! Send a cold hard message to them, and the rest of the world, that our rights are not up for debate, or compromise. Those continually seeking ways to infringe upon our rights will be labeled as traitors, and handled accordingly.

RTT

Well sir, you already live in Illinois and this is happening in Deerfield, Illinois. So...
Posted By: trapper les

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 02:02 AM

I expect bloodshed in IL at anytime now. They'll lead the way .

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: trapper les
I expect bloodshed in IL at anytime now. They'll lead the way .

Sarcasm ? Or do you mean the typical Chicago evening type ?

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 02:19 AM

Sarcasm...sorry
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 02:20 AM

Hypocrits.

To be honest they should feel lucky they get traditional means, they lost just like the ones they pushed out to be there. We didn't give the British any rites or privileges when they lost. Get sick of the poor me while their hand is out for more of the demon whitemnans money.

The two words that means the most in the second amendment text are "the people" as every time tht phrase is used in the constitution it is referring to the individual person not the masses but each person.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: trapper les
Sarcasm...sorry

10-4,bud

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 02:52 AM

RTT [/quote]

Well sir, you already live in Illinois and this is happening in Deerfield, Illinois. So... [/quote]

Come on over mister, we will car pool to the hanging, you game ???

RTT
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 03:08 AM

Holy crap ! This is the mind set that will get us all killed someday. Or at least some of you

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 03:17 AM

Seems there's a bill in Congress now. HR5087. Not only assault weapons, but many or most semi-autos, including pistols.
Posted By: Hal Aggers

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 04:00 AM

Just wondering who will truly stick to there guns if it passes. That would be millions of guns to turn over.
How many of you own a semiautomatic 22 rifle most I would bet.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 08:19 AM

Quote:
We didn't give the British any rites or privileges when they lost. Get sick of the poor me while their hand is out for more of the demon whitemnans money.

smile
Posted By: trapper234

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 08:32 PM

https://youtu.be/gbeLKoXRSpE
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 08:42 PM

An AR-15 is a semi automatic .22!!!
Posted By: RKG

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 09:15 PM

Massachusetts National Guard Seizes Guns

Gotta see this one!

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Hal Aggers
Just wondering who will truly stick to there guns if it passes. That would be millions of guns to turn over.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams

Mike

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 10:55 PM

This is interesting:

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 10:59 PM

[/quote]

Come on over mister, we will car pool to the hanging, you game ???

RTT [/quote]

I believe the phrase goes , " Think globally , act locally. "

I'm not sure your proximity to the offending town, but I bet you're a sight closer than me .
Posted By: AKtrapper26

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 11:01 PM

From what I’ve read and heard about this ordinance, it’s not about pistols, shot guns or 30-06 deer rifles. It’s about assault type rifles. Your right to defend your castle is not being infringed upon, its to limit what guns you use to defend it....

Bingo!! Some of the people trying to control others with jurisdiction they do not, and should not, have!!

My choice of weapon is not 'theirs' to make!
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: AKtrapper26
From what I’ve read and heard about this ordinance, it’s not about pistols, shot guns or 30-06 deer rifles. It’s about assault type rifles. Your right to defend your castle is not being infringed upon, its to limit what guns you use to defend it....

Bingo!! Some of the people trying to control others with jurisdiction they do not, and should not, have!!

My choice of weapon is not 'theirs' to make!
AMEN!

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 11:20 PM

This is interesting:

Yep.

Mike

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/09/18 11:21 PM

careful buck or you will be saying the nra was wrong to support the first federal gun control act in 34 that does restrict what you can own.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 01:01 AM

Hypocrits.

Boco,

Put The Bottle Down, and Step Away From The Crack Pipe.

w

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 01:48 AM

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams

Mike [/quote]

complacency will end us all.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: walleyed
Hypocrits.

Boco,

Put The Bottle Down, and Step Away From The Crack Pipe.

w

LMAO
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 02:25 PM

Whatever they plan on doing I hope it's before I'm too old to do anything about it. I don't want to leave crap clean up to my kids. lol

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 02:29 PM

Whatever they plan on doing I hope it's before I'm too old to do anything about it. I don't want to leave crap clean up to my kids. lol

I feel the same way. Let it hit the fan while I can lead my family through it.

As bad as our government is its going to be the only way I am afraid
Posted By: Redeyesheds

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 04:04 PM

This is why the second amendment is written it is not for hunting its for your protection from all of tyrants, including so called elected officials...
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 04:59 PM

This country was founded by "lone rangers". The men who originally began the idea to make this country a free country with it's own Govt. were acting mostly as individuals and came together as their idea gained approval. Lone rangers continue to enhance our lives. Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, etc. began, to some extant as lone rangers. Lone rangers are a valuable asset in this country.
The Army, Navy, etc. that teacher mentions are Govt. entities. The 2nd amendment was written to allow "the people" to protect themselves from a Govt. that has become tyrannical. This country has only been invaded by a foreign army once............on a small Aleutian island. That army didn't stay long. A large part of the reason we have NEVER been invaded is that in addition to an armed military and other entities, we have an armed POPULACE!!. I am extremely disappointed that a member who labels himself a teacher does not recognize the importance of the individuals and laws that were made to protect "the people" in perpetuity.
The King was the "Law" in the 1700s. Our founders did not like his laws and threw out his govt. USING VIOLENCE. Disobeying the law is how this country was founded!!
MQ

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 05:09 PM

Soooooooooo , updates from Deerfield ?

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 05:51 PM

Deerfield sucks....that's not gonna change.
Posted By: late bite

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/10/18 06:10 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/de...-htmlstory.html

Here is the Deerfield Ordinance, it appears to me any weapon that has a detachable magazine is up for grabs!

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/12/18 02:30 AM

I feel the same way. Let it hit the fan while I can lead my family through it.

As bad as our government is its going to be the only way I am afraid

X1000
Posted By: Redeyesheds

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/12/18 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: late bite
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/de...-htmlstory.html

Here is the Deerfield Ordinance, it appears to me any weapon that has a detachable magazine is up for grabs!

Chicago a prime example of why civilians need firearms

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:10 PM

I’ve been off Tman for a couple days. Had some teaching to do! I’m back to Tman to defend myself and remind those on here that your right to lynch me is guaranteed by our government. But by the same token, I have the same rights to express my opinions to the contrary.

Again, I haven’t read the Illinois ordinance language. But, I suspect neither have most of you. With that being said, I’ll bet “assault” rifles and similar guns are defined in that ordinance. The fact remains that this community, for the safety of the community, decided certain firearms were no longer wanted in their community. Just because you can buy something doesn’t mean the majority of your neighbors have to like it. Barking dogs, loud mufflers, driving while drunk and too many deaths because seatbelts weren’t being worn are the 4 that come to mind.

I Live in town. I trust my police department has my safety in mind and I don’t need an automatic style firearm to protect myself.
I believe neither I or anyone in my community needs a gun with more than 5 shots to the clip or magazine. These are my beliefs. I also believe in the rule of law whether you do or not. If my community passes a law that serves the greater good I don’t have to like it. But, the attitude of “they’ll get my gun when they peel my cold dead hand off it” doesn’t do anyone any good.
The best way to get something changed is to give city managers, council people and county board members something reasonable to do about your complaint. It’s amazing what can be done with positive examples that show positive thinking rather than constant complaining.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:13 PM

What is an automatic style gun ? When was that style gun ever legal ?

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:16 PM

The right to be armed, just like the right to vote, cant be done away with by a city council. I'm sure your aware of that teacher. just say you want to change the constitution instead of all that ridiculous blathering you do just to irritate people.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:17 PM

rtrapper les automatic fire was legal without permission till 1934. then it required you pay a bribe for permission.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:26 PM

Knock yourself out teacher. Just don't think your going be able to vote away my constitutional rights without it becoming a problem.

Follow the law, amend the Constitution, don't disrespect it or disregard it. We owe our freedom to it.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:28 PM

I’ve been off Tman for a couple days. Had some teaching to do! I’m back to Tman to defend myself and remind those on here that your right to lynch me is guaranteed by our government. But by the same token, I have the same rights to express my opinions to the contrary.

Again, I haven’t read the Illinois ordinance language. But, I suspect neither have most of you. With that being said, I’ll bet “assault” rifles and similar guns are defined in that ordinance. The fact remains that this community, for the safety of the community, decided certain firearms were no longer wanted in their community. Just because you can buy something doesn’t mean the majority of your neighbors have to like it. Barking dogs, loud mufflers, driving while drunk and too many deaths because seatbelts weren’t being worn are the 4 that come to mind.

I Live in town. I trust my police department has my safety in mind and I don’t need an automatic style firearm to protect myself.
I believe neither I or anyone in my community needs a gun with more than 5 shots to the clip or magazine. These are my beliefs. I also believe in the rule of law whether you do or not. If my community passes a law that serves the greater good I don’t have to like it. But, the attitude of “they’ll get my gun when they peel my cold dead hand off it” doesn’t do anyone any good.
The best way to get something changed is to give city managers, council people and county board members something reasonable to do about your complaint. It’s amazing what can be done with positive examples that show positive thinking rather than constant complaining.

That mentality is a mistake in my book, but your right that you have every right to believe it and act accordingly. However, your beliefs and other like mind people such as yourself shouldn't infringe upon the rights of us who do not trust the LEO's with our safety and keeps us from exercising our 2nd amendment rights. A "Community" cannot override Federal law. They are letting ignorance override sound judgement.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:36 PM

Teacher...I am not going to bother writting something about your response other than "you just don't get it".
Posted By: David Morse

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:37 PM

I wish all the gun grabbers would unite, conspire to partake in a mass suicide bigger than anything we have ever seen. that will teach us.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:40 PM

Teacher, ever heard of the constitution? You know, the document you libs seem to hate so much. The second amendment was put in there so we could defend ourselves against a tyrannical government, not so we could have guns for hunting or for protecting ourselves against a criminal. Our weapons should be on the same level as the governments, or else why would they fear WE THE PEOPLE? Read the comments by the founding fathers, the government should fear us, not the other way around. It's first going to be the so called "assault" weapons, but the bill in Congress right now includes all semi-auto's including pistols, rifles, and even shotguns. They're all called assault weapons. First guns, then knives. it's never going to stop. Sound foolish? Look at London. The mayor (a Muslim)now wants to ban knives because his homicide rate has surpassed even New York Cities! And they don't have ANY guns. The writers of the constitution had great wisdom, actually it wasn't theirs, they spent many days praying to God for wisdom, and that's why the second amendment got put in there. You liberals want the government to have control over the people, but the writers of the constitution believed the people should have control over the government. HUGE difference if you want freedom! When government has too much power, it never works out. Just ask the unarmed Jews, Cubans, and the many others. Sad part is Teacher, it's people like you that are teaching our kids. Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:44 PM

Teacher. please stay on here and don't go away for days " teaching". Most folks on here are grown up and we rather put up with your BS on here then have you run around " teaching" the younger generation. So pull up a chair, put yer feet up and have at it. Anything to stop you from spreading that bull and your mindset to the more gullible young ones is fine with me.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:54 PM

Hmmmmm... You just don't believe that Democrats want to remove all of the firearms ownership that they can, right? Rather, it's all about "common sense gun laws"? Is that a reasonable appraisal of what your position is?

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 06:57 PM

Teacher reminds me of a little lap dog. Bark, then run and hide when it gets tough because he has nothing to back himself up.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 07:00 PM

To me common sense gun laws mean we should own up to and including anything the federal gubmint has. Anything short of that means they always have us outgunned and totally goes against all intent of the second amendment. If you dont believe that, then you dont understand the INTENT of the second amendment.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 07:06 PM

So what your saying is you think we should be limited on the type of gun to defend ourselves?

Wouldn't that be easy if our countrymen rose up against the government. They want us to only have single shot guns.

Our country has to many teachers like you in the public schools and you got this idea that the majority agrees with you and every law that gets passed.

Do our future generations a favor and quit teaching and move to some communism country that you so protest for.

You leave nothing to wonder why teachers are looked down at.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 07:10 PM

I just want to know what amendment in the U.S. Constitution protects barking dogs, loud mufflers, drunk driving, and the use of seat belts. confused
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 09:03 PM

J Staton, None!
Again, the constitution grants us rights, not to be infringed upon. It does not limit us on the weapons needed to fight against the tyrannical government as King George, or Obama, was directing us. SO many do not see the real threat to this country is the "Dumocrats" and their hope of a U.N run global government. Our Constitution and Bill of Rights,is the biggest hindrance int he world to that goal. And I'm a teacher.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 09:58 PM

"I Live in town. I trust my police department has my safety in mind and I don’t need an automatic style firearm to protect myself."

By Supreme Court ruling law officers are NOT required to protect anyone.
Let's not forget that was ruled on more than once.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Bear Tracker
J Staton, None!
Again, the constitution grants us rights, not to be infringed upon. It does not limit us on the weapons needed to fight against the tyrannical government as King George, or Obama, was directing us. SO many do not see the real threat to this country is the "Dumocrats" and their hope of a U.N run global government. Our Constitution and Bill of Rights,is the biggest hindrance int he world to that goal. And I'm a teacher.
I thought it might have been somewhere between the second and third amendment. "The right to drive a truck with a loud muffler, whilst being drunk and unbuckled with barking dog in back, shall not be infringed." grin

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 10:55 PM

I got to thinking on Teachers comments.

He says he believes in the rule of the law. And obviously he does not believe in the constitution. You can't have both if they contradict each other.

We believe in the writing of the constitution that was written to protect ourselves from a take over from government. And no government has the right to take that protection away.

Teacher believes they have that right if he supports laws that go against the constitution.

So in Teachers way of thinking he is ok with our government changing the constitution to benefit their agenda. I wonder what else Teacher is willing to give to the government giving them full control?

They take the 2nd the government will destroy this country even faster and put us all under their control. I call that a dictatorship.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: 3togo
"I Live in town. I trust my police department has my safety in mind and I don’t need an automatic style firearm to protect myself."

By Supreme Court ruling law officers are NOT required to protect anyone.
Let's not forget that was ruled on more than once.

Good for you! I hope you never read the data on violent crimes, the odds are not in your favor. But you should think of your wife and kids. JMO

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 11:14 PM

And just think , there are millions of teachers teaching with this same mind set

They go unquestioned or unopposed ,due to some crazy " hero status "

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 11:15 PM

stupid is everlasting...

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 11:37 PM

I'm not sure if teacher is really a "teacher".

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/14/18 11:50 PM

One thing I have learned from him is that if I had kids, I would home school them. No way would I let them in the "care" of that whackadoodle.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/15/18 01:03 AM

I would say he is. He fits the mold quite perfectly of most teachers and professors these days. Notice I said most, not all, I feel sorry for the good ones.

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/15/18 02:23 AM

Don't judge the man till you walked a mile in his shoes

Posted By: Calvin

Re: 60 days to turn in your guns! - 04/15/18 10:32 AM

This...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPf763noVXc
© 2024 Trapperman Forums