Home

Potting on to solo cups

Posted By: slydogx

Potting on to solo cups - 04/07/18 09:29 PM

I am loving my light setup...seedlings are nice and robust.
This is a jalapeno "M" from F2 seed that I saved from my best plants last year.
Posted By: rednecktrapper

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/07/18 09:47 PM

What is your light set-up. I used to start my own plants, rigged up some shop lights, it was quite a contraption and a pain in the behind!
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/07/18 09:49 PM

Save your toilet paper rolls

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/07/18 11:46 PM

I have a 4' shop light on a set of hangers. It is mounted to a steel shelving unit. I also use a small grow light.
I'll post pics when I get home tonight
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/07/18 11:58 PM

I had decent results with 4 foot florescent lights run 1 cool white 1 soft white in each fixture , put them on chains so that they almost touch the plants and keep moving them up as they plants get taller.

mine was on a bakers rack 2 fixtures per shelf so 4 bulbs over the trays on each shelf turn the trays when watering them move to my hoop house as soon as it was warm enough.

nights when it was going to freeze in the hoop house keep a colman lantern going all night in the hoop house would keep things form freezing on those late freezes in early May

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/08/18 02:01 AM

There is another light below also.
The rope hangers are the cat's -, you just pull on the rope to lift them as the plants grow.
I have had close to 200 seedlings on this rack. If I can finish the tunnel I could probably start nearly 1000 in trays...the solo cups take too much room
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/08/18 02:53 AM

Nice set up slydogx. Good looking seedlings.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/08/18 03:07 PM

Run a small fan on seedlings, makes stem stronger
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/08/18 03:10 PM

red solo cup,i fill you up,lets have a party....

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/08/18 04:20 PM

Tac, my fan broke lol.
I shake the shelf a few times a day. Supposed to work also
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/08/18 06:51 PM

Weird year here. Wife planted her usual tomato and pepper plants. They all sprouted good but after about 3rd week they all croaked. No idea why but sure is a bum deal.
Posted By: Dead Coyote

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/08/18 10:34 PM

I use Ice Cream Cones for starting plants and just plant them when the weather is fit outside.
Posted By: Drakej

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/08/18 10:48 PM

I like your plan DC. If I used sugar cones I wouldn't have to stop for lunch on planting day. Plant and eat a few each row,lol! And I'd get all my minerals.

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/09/18 01:22 AM

I use the jiffy pellets and really like them.
It is nice to have everything standardized and modular. You can see the nice, fibrous root systems that have developed
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Potting on to solo cups - 04/09/18 02:01 PM

Nice looking plants...buy my seedlings but have always wanted a grow table with good lights, ah next season maybe
© 2024 Trapperman Forums