Home

Boiler question: Keeps going on and off

Posted By: Canvasback2

Boiler question: Keeps going on and off - 04/14/18 01:41 AM

I don't know what the heck is going on with this new gas fired boiler, but about every 9 Minutes, it turns itself on, runs for about 5 minutes, and then shuts off. Now , I turned the Thermostat on the Wall for the Boiler to the OFF position. It still does the same thing. Got the Wall thermostat set at 65 Degrees. It's 75 in the house. Just touched the Radiator in the computer room. That radiator is warm.

What could be causing this? I thought when you turned the thermostat to the off position, it shuts down the boiler.. It's not doing it.
Posted By: walleyehunter01

Re: Boiler question: Keeps going on and off - 04/14/18 02:47 AM

It depends on how the boiler is set up. Usually the stat controls a zone.a pump or valve. Then the boiler uses a stat on the boiler to maintain a certain temp. Usually 185 degrees.can you tell what the water temp is on the boiler

Re: Boiler question: Keeps going on and off - 04/14/18 03:02 AM

Boiler man was out yesterday to fix the Boiler, AGAIN! shocked Brand new Boiler ! This last repair involved a cracked Copper infeed or outfeed pipe from the Boiler. The welds on the Copper went bad, and it was a muddy gooey mess that leaked down the Pipe. They fixed that, then played with the electronic gizmo on the Boiler that has a digital readout of water temp. They set it on Economy. Water temp said 137 Degrees. Bled all the Radiators. Only one Radiator had air. About 15 Seconds of Air. Rest were all water. Back bedrooms Radiators had water, but are cold.

Re: Boiler question: Keeps going on and off - 04/14/18 03:06 AM

As for Zones, it's just one Zone. Set the Thermostat, and all the Radiators get hot water. Boiler stays on until the Thermostat in the Hall reaches it's set Temp

Last night , something wasn't working right. I set the temp to 65 Degrees. It was 72 in the house. It should not have turned on until it hit 65. It kicked on about every 30 minutes.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums