Posted By: Useless Eater

Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:45 AM

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Minnesot...20.uts?slotId=0
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:47 AM

WOW......that’s a steal.....might have to get a back up for ice fishing
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:50 AM

That's a good deal. One of them, and a 5 gallon pail fit nicely together in the back rack of my Skandic .
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered 2 and got free shipping.
Posted By: Dan Parson

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 06:39 AM

I don`t really need one right now, but its too good a deal to pass up, just ordered mine.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 12:59 PM

Just got an email that my order is backordered. So dont get to excited.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 01:06 PM

Look at the bottom of the page and their advertising No.3 Bridgers at $89.88 a dozen.
Posted By: DGorman

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Buck (Zandra)
Look at the bottom of the page and their advertising No.3 Bridgers at $89.88 a dozen.

I threw 20 bucks worth of points on it with free shipping so I got a dozen for $75.27 to my door. Thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 02:10 PM

They have good deals on several Bridger traps.
Posted By: AJOutdoors

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 02:17 PM

Ha! I, too, went with the Bridgers. Used $30 of my Cabela's bucks and got the free shipping too. Great deal! Thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: Snocat

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 03:21 PM

Bridger #5s for $190 a dozen too.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:14 PM

Check your account online. All my orders this morning were cancelled.
Posted By: goldy

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:18 PM

I'm sure anything they're selling that deeply discounted is no longer going to be sold.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:44 PM

Just checked on my order. The #3 Bridgers that were listed "In Stock" when I placed the order are now listed as "Backordered" in my order history. Still shows I placed the order, so hopefully it still goes through. They haven't charged my card yet though.
Posted By: Rcates

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:46 PM

I made an order as well. So far the only notice I see on my account is the fiber-tuff is backordered. Hopefully the traps come through....that is a great deal on the bridgers.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 04:58 PM

Correction, the bridger #3s are backordered as well so I'm guessing they will cancel the order.
Posted By: Jacket

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 05:04 PM

#3 bridgers backordered here also. They do this all time now. Everything I have attempted to order recently on sale goes to backorder then cancelled.
Posted By: Buckmark22

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 07:01 PM

Thank's gang! I just ordered one too! Looks like it says in-stock...hopefully!

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 07:28 PM

Just check my Cabelas accout my order has also been cancelled. Im done with Cabelas. I will just stick with the trapping suppliers I know I can count on.
Posted By: MAArcher

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 08:10 PM

For a newbie trapper, should I get offset or not offset on those bridger #3's?
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: MAArcher
For a newbie trapper, should I get offset or not offset on those bridger #3's?

If they are legal in your state it is preference, I use offset
Posted By: micheal

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 09:10 PM

I like offsets

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 10:46 PM

It will be interesting to see if any of us from the forum actually get anything from these "deals".
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 10:48 PM

I prefer regular jaws
Posted By: keets

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/16/18 11:18 PM

Cabelas is really sliding downhill since bass pro took over
Posted By: DGorman

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 12:30 AM

My order status says backordered but the traps show available online. I called customer service and she said they have a known issue with the website backordering items that are available. She said I should ignore the backorder because the item is available and will ship.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 01:23 AM

I need help don't need a another dozen Bridger #5 but how do I pass up that deal. Wish they sold them by the 1/2 dozen.
Posted By: Hiway 2 trap

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 01:42 AM

I called customer service and she said no packbaskets available I ordered yesterday
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Huntall76
I need help don't need a another dozen Bridger #5 but how do I pass up that deal. Wish they sold them by the 1/2 dozen.

Buy a dozen, sell 6 in the trap shed.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 04:00 AM

I bought a dozen of the #3s for Beaver in my higher theft areas. Thanks for the heads up on the deals.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 02:47 PM

Just checked on the order for the #3 offsets I placed yesterday morning. Showed as "Canceled" today. So I called up customer service and yup, out of stock and discontinued. Even though the website shows them as "In Stock", she told me the website can be behind actual availability. She suggested calling in orders on sale items.

So I called back and placed an order on the #3 regular jaw (they are on sale but for a bit more than the offsets). Those were in stock and I should have them in a few days.

Call in your orders, or call in and see if you can change your order if you ordered the offsets.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 03:28 PM

Had me worried until I seen offset, I order the regular jaws.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 03:33 PM

Just called in an order on 3 dz. #3 offsets. Cabellas lady said they are in stock will have them on or b4 4-25-18.
Free shipping! Hope it works! Thanks for the heads up Useless.
Posted By: BigSky

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 04:36 PM

Ordered two baskets yesterday morning. It went from processing to backordered and now this morning to cancelled.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 04:50 PM

My order I re-placed this morning, where I was told were in stock and I will get them by next week, is now listed as backordered. I call and they don't know if they will have enough inventory to fill my order, just depends on when my order was timestamped and where it falls in line. So it's a total guessing game whether I'll get my order or not.

The #3 offsets are listed as SOLD OUT on the website now. They have added a few new traps to the website, nothing new on sale though.

I agree that Cabela's service has declined since the Bass Pro deal.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 04:53 PM

I called in my order. Was told the had the baskets in stock. Was told it would be delivered on or before 4-25. Checked today and again for the 2nd time the order was canceled and product discontinued. So I told cusromer service to suspend my rewards points card, Cabelas credit card and remove me from all mailings and emails. I told them Im done with them Bass Pro and Dicks Sporting goods for they are all run by the same people.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 07:32 PM

Ya I was pretty ticked about the deal. I ordered the basket and #3 offsets. Like always, I add a few little things to the cart that I don't really need and wouldn't have made a special order for. So the little things have already shipped and they will cancel the rest.....At least the shipping will be free but really sad to see cabelas run downhill. Always liked cabelas but now it might as well just change the name to Bass Pro. Clothes quality will probably get crappy soon too
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 07:42 PM

I ordered a packbasket and traps and today both orders show canceled. In the old days this would not have happened, thanks Bass Pro.
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 08:49 PM

About 8am today I ordered 2dz #3 OS and a packbasket, oder was confirmed and stated ready for pick-up in store later this month. Too good of deals to pass up.

Dave

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 10:01 PM

I ordered the regular jaws, order said be there on the 25th but for hours later it says backorder.
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 10:36 PM

It seems Cabelas is very inconsistent on how they are filling orders as I ordered early last night.
Posted By: Dennis W

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/17/18 11:10 PM

I ordered the pack basket and mine now shows backordered
Posted By: 10bands

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 03:26 AM

I ordered offset 3's yesterday morning. Thought I was good because my account said "In Process" all day yesterday even as other were getting cancelled. Even had an expected delivery date. Well this morning I had a notice that my order is canceled too.

I like dogless traps better anyway so back to my original plan for buying traps this summer.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 05:03 AM

Every trapping item they had on sale is sold out. Mine still says backordered.
Posted By: oneoldboot

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 08:19 AM

I ordered a basket and several case knives and was notified that my order was cancelled. This was the 1st of two orders, so I expect that to be cancelled as well.

This will be 3 cancelled orders/items from cabelas in 6 months. Poor business model.
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 11:48 AM

I ordered a dozen and just got an email they cancelled my order frown mad
Posted By: Jacket

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 12:22 PM

Cabela's has cancelled five orders of mine in the last 6 months. It seems to be getting worse and not better.

It is hard to believe they don't have an inventory system that allows them to know what items are actually in stock and available. (Spoiler alert-they do have real time sophisticated inventory software) They seem to run these deals as a loss leader then cancel the loss and make out on whatever items you put in the cart along with the sale item that was cancelled.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 12:25 PM

Same sneaky stuff when they have sales at their stores.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 12:29 PM

Wake up guy's,as trappers you should understand this.put out attractor to get the animals in the area then catch the dumb ones.All the stuff you added to your order will probably make for a good quarter for them.they didn't need the trap baskets or the traps for it to be a great set,just had to make the animals think there was something there.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 12:33 PM

Ok, after a live chat conversation I have gotten my order reinstalled, it was a pain in the A, but I was told I will be getting my traps, it may be back ordered, I saved the entire converstation to pdf just incase they try to back track again.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 12:36 PM

good for you Mr. Morris,they think everybody will just blow it off and they don't expect this many people talking together about it to see it is ALMOST a scam.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 12:46 PM

We will see, until I have 12 traps in my hands at the agreed price I will feel uneasy about it.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 12:54 PM

Good job Michael!

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Morris
Ok, after a live chat conversation I have gotten my order reinstalled, it was a pain in the A, but I was told I will be getting my traps, it may be back ordered, I saved the entire converstation to pdf just incase they try to back track again.

Been there done that. I'm going to bet by dinner time your order will be cancelled. Good luck......
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: pcr2
good for you Mr. Morris,they think everybody will just blow it off and they don't expect this many people talking together about it to see it is ALMOST a scam.

I am curious how this is a scam? If it was limited stock and it has sold out - nothing else can be done. Most likely these items were partial leftovers from seasonal stock and sold out. The orders were probably so overwhelming by dozens of people ordering at the same time there was no time to update the site.
Cabelas is most likely making room for other stuff they need to stock for the summer months.
Posted By: goldy

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Cathouse Jim

I am curious how this is a scam? If it was limited stock and it has sold out - nothing else can be done. Most likely these items were partial leftovers from seasonal stock and sold out. The orders were probably so overwhelming by dozens of people ordering at the same time there was no time to update the site.
Cabelas is most likely making room for other stuff they need to stock for the summer months.
X2. Some of you guys are acting like a bunch of liberals, that you think you have something owed you. The reason the goods were so deeply discounted was because they want to clear out the inventory. You should expect that when the stuff is gone, there's not going to be any more. At those prices, they're not making money, probably losing money, give the BUSINESS a break.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Cathouse Jim

I agree.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 04:01 PM

they get you there on the premise of a great deal on traps and baskets then cancell everything except the other stuff you decided to buy while ordering traps and baskets.i may be wrong and Gary Benson paranoid i guess.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 04:02 PM

was anybody actually charged for traps or packbaskets from this sale??

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 04:14 PM

I used points and yes they were charged. Haven't been put back in account yet but in time I'm sure they will be.

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/18/18 04:33 PM

was anybody actually charged for traps or packbaskets from this sale??

Just checked, I have been charged, twice. Today, not once when I actually made the order on Monday. Crap. This is really turning out to not be worth it lol
Posted By: keets

Re: Great deal on fiber-tuff pack baskets - 04/19/18 12:36 AM

I've been a Cabelas cardholder for at least 17 years...and with these issues, and a couple from last fall.....and the inventory they now have... I'm considering shutting it down.. in that span we probably ran well over a million $$ through that baby
© 2024 Trapperman Forums