Home

Bridger #3 offsets

Posted By: LLtrapper

Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:08 AM

I was looking for opinions on the Bridger offset #3 dog on. Cabela's had them for 89.00 per dozen.

Here is the price on the regular jaw. The offsets are sold out now.

Bridger #3 Coil Trap – 12-Pack

Regular Price:
$184.99

Sale Price: $99.88

Qty:
Item: IK-421973
In Stock
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:18 AM

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads....ck_#Post6218788

Good luck with that.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:30 AM

I bought five dozen and they are on their way. I was wondering if anyone uses them. I plan on modifying them with a baseplate and laminates. LLL
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:41 AM

When did you buy them

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:43 AM

This morning around 5:30. Got the confirmation number by email. LLL

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:47 AM

I bought mine yesterday and got a confirmation email then they sent another one saying backordered.
Posted By: Joe krogman

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:48 AM

Sounds like a great deal, I still use some mainly for bobcat, but catch a lot of coyotes with them to, will get a lot of bent dogs. Wish they had that deal on dogles#3's I would be ordering.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:52 AM

That is a great price! I have some Bridger # 3 offsets and a bunch of Northwoods #3 offsets which are identical. They are a good trap.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:15 AM

My favorite coyote trap, I fully modified them,
Thinking of selling some of them to try some extreme traps

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:16 AM

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:17 AM

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:32 AM

How about the standard jaw for yotes? Could I weld a bubble on the jaws for an offset? LLL

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 04:28 AM

Up
Posted By: Rhino7

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 05:01 AM

You could, but the standard jaws work fine, IF you laminate them. I HIGHLY recommend laminating the jaws on them. Even if you have a 24hr check it will help with foot damage
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 05:05 AM

Looks like they are no longer available. That sucks, I have a 50 dollar gift card so I could have got them for about 50 buck with the free shipping. Guess I am stuck with the dogless 2's that I have.

Congrats on your deal.

Jerry Jr.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 09:25 AM

I ordered the regular jaws at $99, got message they are on backorder for me.
The offsets have a little too much gap for my liking. The pins come nice and long so easy peasy to four coil them.
The regular jaw models is a decent beaver trap too. Actually a little larger jaw spread than a #4 long has.
Anyway, the #3 is a real nice coyote and cat trap.
Jim
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 10:52 AM

Ran two dozen and sold them all after one season. Multiple bent dogs with single coyote catches. Too much trap for our coons. When targeting coyotes I'd often catch incidentals by the back leg. It never ended well. Great price, but I've come to the conclusion nothing I catch here in Southeast Nebraska needs more than a #2, and the dogless or MB550 hold up much better to coyote abuse. Simply my opinion.
Posted By: Bobcat77

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 12:10 PM

Bridger #3 Offsets modified are my main trap when i'm trapping coyotes and coon.

I have added heavy dogs to them, and don't have any trouble with the bent dogs now.

Wade I don't seem to have much trouble with back foot caught coons and damage to them.

I was able to get some ordered from Cabelas on the cheap too, used all my Cabelas points so it didn't cost any money out of my pocket.

Corey

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 12:42 PM

Corey where did you get the heavy dogs at? LLL
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:04 PM

Heads up guys, they cancelled my order from monday, after a stern conversation with their online live chat employee I was able to get my order reinstalled, but back ordered. If they pull this on you, do not take no for an answer.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Morris
Heads up guys, they cancelled my order from monday, after a stern conversation with their online live chat employee I was able to get my order reinstalled, but back ordered. If they pull this on you, do not take no for an answer.

They will simply put a hold on your card and it will be on back order forever. I have been there and done that with .22 shells. I switched my order to the regular jaws and then got a confirmation that they will ship. LLL

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:25 PM

Nothing wrong with the offset gap, some of mine are regular jaw with a 1/4" lug welded on to make them offset. I've used these traps more than 20 years, only time I had a jaw pop out, I kicked one with my boot last winter to set it off at season end, it was mostly frozen in and my boot kick made one jaw pop

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: LLtrapper

They will simply put a hold on your card and it will be on back order forever. I have been there and done that with .22 shells. I switched my order to the regular jaws and then got a confirmation that they will ship. LLL

Must be my lucky day, just got the confirmation and they are sending the regular closed jaw, not the OS. For the original sale price of the OS and free shipping laugh

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 01:54 PM

Can't beat that price

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:01 PM

I will feel a lot better when I get shipping confirmation, but here was the email I just got, happy again laugh

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:07 PM

That's not a picture of a Bridger #3 , looks like a 1.65

#421973 is the item number for the Bridger #3s

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Huntall76
That's not a picture of a Bridger #3 , looks like a 1.65

I originally thought the same, cause it is a 1.65 pic, but it says #3, and when you click on it it takes you to the bridger #3 coil closed, plus the $16.99 is the bridger #3 normal price. I don't care what the picture is, as long as they send the #3, if they send the #1.65 then the nightmare will continue...

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:16 PM

The item number is the important part and it's wrong

Your item number is for the 1.65

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:24 PM

#3 Bridgers, #2 Bridgers are square jawed

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Huntall76
The item number is the important part and it's wrong

Every item # for the bridger traps they have online is the same

I guess I won't be 100% sure until the box shows up, gotta trust that the description and price is enough to ensure I get #3s. Fingers crossed

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:26 PM

Maybe I will get a grab bag of bridgers lol
Posted By: scheide

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:30 PM

LLL, MTP has them as well as FNT. they are probably the custer dogs.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 02:45 PM

different web sites only have one pic you click on size and amount wanted and get the price pic doesn't change

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: scheide
LLL, MTP has them as well as FNT. they are probably the custer dogs.

Thank you sir. LLL

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 03:02 PM

I will feel a lot better when I get shipping confirmation, but here was the email I just got, happy again laugh

This is not a verification of shipping. Mine said the same thing and then they sent me another email that said they are back ordered. LLL

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 03:30 PM

Right. That is why I said "I will feel a lot better when I get shipping confirmation". I am still happy that the process is started over, vs where I was this morning, cancelled.

And back ordered is still a heck of a lot better than cancelled lol

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 04:11 PM

OK I just got off the phone speaking to the manager of customer service. They said there are no orders for more traps and it is a close out. They are sending me a 50.00 gift card to "make" things right. There are going to be a lot of guys mad about this. That is all she could do for me. LLL

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 04:26 PM

Crap. It wouldn't really bother me that bad, but I made my order early Monday morning, and 48 hours later find all this out. Suck.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 05:02 PM

Well darn that was a good price, close out price? Not selling them anymore?

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 05:09 PM

Discontinued is what they said. They say there vender is MTP. They said there vender is out of them but I can get them all day long on their site which means that Cabela's has no plans on reordering any. If they wanted to make it right they would order them from their vendor and fill the orders. Not happening though. They sent me an email saying my order was now cancelled. LLL

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 05:27 PM

If they wanted to make it right they would order them from their vendor and fill the orders. Not happening though.

Agreed. But it's wishful thinking. O well, we live to get shafted another day! lol
Posted By: 080808

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 05:38 PM

Are they getting out of the trap business?

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 06:07 PM

I believe what I put on was the stainless steel rod dogs?

I put them on 5 or so years ago and haven't paid much attention to be honest.

I can't remember ever having one of them get bent.

Corey
Posted By: MAArcher

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 07:43 PM

The website shows them in-stock at regular price now.
Posted By: Joe krogman

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 09:55 PM

Some deals are just to good to be true.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: MAArcher
The website shows them in-stock at regular price now.

Those are singles not dozens. She said she had two traps in stores

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 10:23 PM

Mine still says backordered.
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/18/18 11:32 PM

I ordered them also, first backordered, then canceled. I called customer service to no avail. Cabela's is nothing like it used to be, to bad.
Posted By: redbone

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 12:09 AM

When I called and ordered Tues morning, they said they were in stock. Tues night they were on backorder. I called customer service and they said they had stock and my order would be filled. I called again today and spoke with a manager, she said they are having all stores ship remaining stock back to the warehouse to fill orders. She said 40 dozen are coming back and my order should be filled.

We will see.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 12:47 AM

The manager of customer service that I spoke too said they had over 500 dozen ordered. Cabela's in Lavista NE said they had two traps on their shelf. They had cancelled my order. I worked for BPS for 6 years and I know how things work. If you do not have a confirmation of shipping after two days it is not coming. I was given a fifty dollar gift card for my troubles. She also offered to give me a dozen mb550s at cost (180.00) but I said no. The gift card was as much as was going to be given. LLL

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 12:49 AM

The MB550s were also back ordered until late May so I would have to have chanced that. LLL
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 12:56 AM

The manager of customer service that I spoke too said they had over 500 dozen ordered. Cabela's in Lavista NE said they had two traps on their shelf. They had cancelled my order. I worked for BPS for 6 years and I know how things work. If you do not have a confirmation of shipping after two days it is not coming. I was given a fifty dollar gift card for my troubles. She also offered to give me a dozen mb550s at cost (180.00) but I said no. The gift card was as much as was going to be given. LLL

Someone told me that some guy from IOWA complained to Cabela's and they cancelled all orders.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: ebsurveyor

Someone told me that some guy from IOWA complained to Cabela's and they cancelled all orders.
laugh
Posted By: WV222

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 09:13 AM

I bet a lot of the ones that were shipped end up on the trap shed!!
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 12:11 PM

I ordered some on Friday, When the did not come by wed. I looked up the order.It showed canceled. I called Cabela's they told me that they were out of stock and would not be getting any more, they were closing out Bridgers.
Posted By: keets

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 12:12 PM

mine are on backorder yet

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 01:18 PM

Mine too

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 01:41 PM

I still have .22 shells that show " back ordered" on them from two years ago. LLL
Posted By: Jacket

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/19/18 03:26 PM

I ordered 12 #3 regular jaws on 4-16 for the sale price of 99.88. Today they filled the order at the sale price with offsets. They have 12 packs of offset #3's in stock. They ship from a vendor who I assume is MTP.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 12:19 PM

Mine shipped, 7 different packages, but they have shipped me 12 bridger #3s regular jaws, I got the 1st one last night. Hopefully all will work out for everyone else.

Posted By: DGorman

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 01:03 PM

At least somebody is getting some. It's not going to work out for me. I got so tired of their canned response emails I gave up. Just out of curiosity what time did you place your original order Monday?

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 01:07 PM

I got my order confirmation email at 8:40am central time. So just a few minutes before that
Posted By: DGorman

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 02:04 PM

You beat me by nine minutes. 🖒
I'm actually not even mad about the traps anymore but I am rethinking how much business I do with them if they can't even get their employees to tell people the same story.
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 02:11 PM

Ordered mine last Sunday, still backordered.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: DGorman
You beat me by nine minutes. 🖒
I'm actually not even mad about the traps anymore but I am rethinking how much business I do with them if they can't even get their employees to tell people the same story.

They should of had something implemented so when the product ran out, it was removed from the website. Those bridgers were still up Wed. So hard telling how many hundreds of orders they had after that. Definitley not the best way to do business.
Posted By: Rcates

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 02:40 PM

I received 2 Bridger #5s..... My order of #3 offsets is canceled. The basket still says back ordered. My order was completed Monday morning between 8-830. I'm over it but need to call in and get my account straightened out. They charged my points without filling the order

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 04:15 PM

My regular jaws still says backordered.

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 04:23 PM

I asked them to replace my original order of #3 offsets, with the dogless #3.

They agreed to do it, and I should have them tomorrow.

I did it via the online chat, and maybe I just got lucky and was able to get ahold of the right person I dunno.
Posted By: MAArcher

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 05:52 PM

I asked the same thing and they said no!

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat77
I asked them to replace my original order of #3 offsets, with the dogless #3.

They agreed to do it, and I should have them tomorrow.

I did it via the online chat, and maybe I just got lucky and was able to get ahold of the right person I dunno.

I also got my order straightened out via the online chat. I believe you and I just got the right person on the right day

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/23/18 11:19 PM

I sent a email asking when my traps would be in and they responded saying they were sorry that they allowed orders on products that were sold out and that Cabela's dropped the ball on this one and will be sending me a gift card for my troubles.

This is the first time I have ever had an issue ordering from them so I'm pleased with their response.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/26/18 12:10 AM

So has anyone received the offsets yet? They tell me mine are still backordered lol. It's their dime all I have to do is wait.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/26/18 12:21 AM

I received an email that said this product (I ordered the #3 regular jaw 12 pack from bargain cave for $99) is being discontinued. All orders will be filled as inventory is available and when the supply is depleted they will cancel my order.
Grrrrr...

Jim
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Bridger #3 offsets - 04/26/18 12:32 AM

About the same song&dance I got. Thanks Jim. If they do show up BONUS!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums