Home

Mukwonago, WI Beavers

Posted By: Tweed

Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/21/18 02:00 PM

Anyone want to adopt a family of beavers!?

I really don't like how this is being framed. It's going to cause people to disconnect from reality.

This is also where the near record Wisconsin whitetail was taken last year (behind the Walmart.

Beaver News LINK

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/21/18 05:08 PM

MUKWONAGO -- The Village of Mukwonago hopes someone from the public will step up or they will have to kill a family of beavers.
According to the village, a beaver dam is putting the nearby rivers at risk. So far, they have not found anywhere to move the animals.

The area by the Walmart and Home Depot just off I-43 are seeing flooded fields. The village said it’s because a family of beavers built a dam in a creek near East Wolf Run.

It is not just causing flooding in the nearby fields, the village is worried about the stormwater retention ponds.

Mukwonago Village Administrator John Weidl says the water is getting close to spilling out of the fields and making its way to the ponds. Those ponds are filled with contaminated water.
“As this flooding continues to encroach and move up it’s going to spill into this pond and as the clean water goes into the pond it’s going to push all of what is in there out,” said Weidl.

If the retention ponds flood, Weidl said the area waterways at risk.
“It’s going to put impure, untreated water into the Mukwonago and Fox River system,” said Weidl.

The solution approved by the village board is to get rid of the beavers -- that includes trapping and killing them.

According to Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources wildlife supervisor Natanya Hayden, it is legal for the village to do. But the DNR has given them several options.

“You can trap and relocate the animal with live traps. There are also abatement options available,” said Hayden.
The DNR warns beavers cannot just be put anywhere if they are trapped and relocated. They must go into the right environment or they will likely die.

According to Weidl, the village is not allowed to move the beavers to other public lands. So they don’t know who would take them.

“Our first choice would be to find a place to relocate these animals,” said Weidl. “If not they are going to be trapped as they are going to be euthanized.”

The village hopes someone with a farm or large property will volunteer to take the beavers. Otherwise, they say the animals will be killed in the next few weeks.
Posted By: keets

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/21/18 08:07 PM

thx tweed
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/21/18 08:47 PM

Unreal...just Trap them out. Problem solved.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/21/18 09:28 PM

Trap the beaver out and ship the folks in charge of the village back to Caliantifornia.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/21/18 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper
Unreal...just Trap them out. Problem solved.
x2. They are making that problem way too complicated.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/21/18 11:23 PM

Bet them beaver been there a while. Now you got a problem?

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/22/18 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: nimzy
Bet them beaver been there a while. Now you got a problem?

Well.... we've been waiting for you to come down and get rid of them.....you're taking too long.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/22/18 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Tweed
[quote=nimzy]

Well.... we've been waiting for you to come down and get rid of them.....you're taking too long.
Lol.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/22/18 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: QuietButDeadly
Trap the beaver out and ship the folks in charge of the village back to Caliantifornia.

New Berlin is probably one of the reddest municipalities in Wisconsin.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 04/23/18 03:55 AM

Tweed, maybe you will have to go after those beaver. Better do it before we get too much spring rain.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/02/18 02:14 AM

Hopefully someone was able to get in and trap 'em.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/12/18 01:15 PM

This is pathetic. They sure are farting around trying to decide what to do with these beavers.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.4-traders...avers-26470444/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...com%2F&_rdr
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/12/18 01:25 PM

I get their mindset, my oldest daughters boyfriend is of the same mind. He told her " your dad shouldn't be trapping beaver, they are endangered". Some people have no underßtanfing if reallity

Funny thing is. I had a couple beavers hooped and displayed them in my trophy room and now she wants one

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/12/18 01:39 PM

In the course of nature...lies man. What a joke.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/12/18 01:40 PM

Didn’t anyone get shot around Milwaukee last night? No big drug busts?

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/12/18 06:23 PM

The village is sure overcomplicating this situation. Now they say they have people willing to take them in on their property. What about those peoples neighbors...Who's to say the beaver will stay exactly where they are relocated. This is embarassing...I expect this not in Wi but in California.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/12/18 06:40 PM

And who's going to live trap them LOL

I live trapped a few beaver for the city and they got relocated right to the town of Oregon.

I had one In a snare one day and was approached by this women who was In tears. She was so upset that I was breaking up the beaver family. I assured her that the whole family was going to be reunited In Canada.LOL

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/13/18 12:15 AM

Lol Beav. I was waiting for you to chime in.

I wonder how long it will take those Mukwonago folks to figure out what to do.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/13/18 01:43 AM

Go down there and throw your hat In the ring.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/13/18 03:43 AM

I'll let Tweed smile
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
She was so upset that I was breaking up the beaver family. I assured her that the whole family was going to be reunited In Canada.

ROTFFALMFAO!!

Perhaps The Beav's Funniest Quote Ever On Trapperman !!! laugh

w

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 01:28 AM

ajw, I saw some news coverage. Those folks must think beavers are endangered in Wi.
Posted By: fishrmann

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 01:46 AM

I was the one to do the relocation.. if everyone only knew what was involved.. I pretty much had to keep rolling my eyes and keep saying ok.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 02:16 AM

Good work. I give you credit. It must have been very sneaky, moving covertly to avoid detection not only from the anti's but from the media. If you go back, and get confronted, maybe you can use some of The Beav's tactics. He seems to know how to deal with those kind of folks.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 02:18 AM

If you left even just one beaver,you haven't taken care of the issue.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 02:20 AM

Some of those folks he had to deal with down there didn't seem too bright, Boco. So I'm not surprised.

I wonder how long it will take the village to decide what to do next.

When only 1 beaver is left, I wonder if it will sometimes just move on on it's own. I doubt.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 02:34 AM

Boco, not my call at all..

I did what I could.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 02:37 AM

Too bad they don't understand beavers,not blaming you.You will soon get another call.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 02:51 AM

Maybe now you can head nearby to Pewaukee, Wisconsin.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/communiti...lake/577946002/

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 02:56 AM

Haha.. ya, this area is obsest with beavers lately. Granted there is a rise of them.. but sometimes folks just don't wanna report about killings & thefts.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 02:58 AM

Those beavers in pewaukee are already long gone too.. but for some reason the media is just nwt reporting on them..

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:05 AM

Using snares to live trap them works. It's a little hard to get them In the NAFA sack but It can be done. LOL

Did they remove the lodge?

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:11 AM

The relocations had to be filmed beav.. lol your plan would be spoiled with a camera on site.. hahaha

they want to use heavy equipment to to remove it, so it'll be awhile until that happens

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:13 AM

Filmed! My gosh they made that complicated. The last 1 will probably just hang tight in the lodge. Be prepared for them to call you back for more help.

Maybe the last 1 left is a pregnant female.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:16 AM

At this time of year that beaver will have a mate in a week or so,they may not start building the dam back until the next good rain.There will be bank dens and feed holes where they can live fine in the meantime.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:19 AM

Oh I have #5s and 330s ready to go on call.. lol if only you could all read the emails from the dnr and their original contractor.. it'd make you all sick.. lol

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:21 AM

Next you will probably get a call for help from the neighbors of the people that took in the beavers.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:24 AM

Again, I did what I could under the villages stipulations.. I can't do any more.. never did I ever want to relocate beavers but I did...

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:25 AM

I'd say you did well.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: fishrmann
The relocations had to be filmed beav.. lol your plan would be spoiled with a camera on site.. hahaha

The lodge technically can't be removed until it's abandoned.. plus they want to use heavy equipment to to remove it, so it'll be awhile until that happens

It sounds like you were up against It to begin with. I did get those beaver Into those bags still alive. It was a bit of a struggle.

When I did this job In Oregon I had them bring In their wood chipper and the back hoe and they chipped every bit of the 3 dams. And the they took down lots of stream side smaller trees.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:28 AM

AJE hopefully it will be during the regular season.. haha I've read studies and their survival rate isn't high.. so basically I still killed em.. which is too bad. Just a waste to appease the uneducated..

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 03:36 AM

Beav, I would of loved to see a live beaver in a nafa sack.. lol

Unfortunately the village can't get any equipment to the current location. It's gotta dry out a bit before that happens.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 11:00 AM

Couple questions
Did you collect the female? Matriarch of the pond.
We’re they transplanted to a land locked pond or a free flowing drainage?
Did the village board get an opportunity to interview the captive beaver to let them know they are bound to stay in the area of which they were released? During dispersal.

It is amazing what can be accomplished when people put their heads together! Excellent work Mukdont wanna go

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 11:03 AM

How do they deal with termites?

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 11:05 AM

I believe I caught the adult female and they were released on a property with flowing water.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 11:07 AM

the village didn't want to relocate until the media twisted it to save the beavers.. they got so much hate mail they had to give it a try. Everyone but the antis is aware it was stupid.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 11:09 AM

When was she captured?

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 11:22 AM

Last week

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/14/18 11:34 AM

fishrmann. Forgive my cynicism it is nothing personal, to the contrary, I'm glad you were able to help. Its just that Situations like these frustrate me..

All we can hope for is lessons learned.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/15/18 03:13 AM

My understanding was the the village decided to listen to the anti's, rather than advice from DNR or trappers.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/15/18 03:36 AM

That's exactly right AJE.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/15/18 06:44 AM

I thought of this thread this evening when the New Berlin president was on the news talking about a road washing out.

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/16/18 03:22 AM

https://www.jsonline.com/videos/news/201...nago/611803002/
Posted By: Timber Hole

Re: Mukwonago, WI Beavers - 05/16/18 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
And who's going to live trap them LOL

I live trapped a few beaver for the city and they got relocated right to the town of Oregon.

I had one In a snare one day and was approached by this women who was In tears. She was so upset that I was breaking up the beaver family. I assured her that the whole family was going to be reunited In Canada.LOL

When I was a little kid my mom would get tired of messing with our goldfish and flush them down the toilet. She told us she was sending them to the ocean. If anyone here lives by the ocean and sees my goldfish drop me a PM grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums