Home

Melting here

Posted By: MJM

Melting here - 04/21/18 09:01 PM

It got up to 59 here today. The low last night was 32. That is the highest low we have had in 5-6 months. We have a good melt going. I would guess the ice will start out tomorrow on the sloughs. I took the old dog for a run and he can still find a coon even if it was a dink. I saw two whooping cranes today too. Mallards and pintails are the only ducks I have seen so far.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Melting here - 04/21/18 10:52 PM

Looks nice to see the ground. LOL Coons and skunks been moving a lot here. I just about stepped on a big bull snake today. It was a big one! It was laying right under a single 2 inch piece of pipe laid right in the shade of the pipe. LOL
Posted By: BFP

Re: Melting here - 04/21/18 11:36 PM

We have a good melt going here too. It's amazing what a couple of nice days will do to the snow pack.

Re: Melting here - 04/21/18 11:43 PM

That coon was out during the day. I would have never seen it. The dog smelled it and went after it. It may have got flooded out of a culvert. There is a lot of water running. It is running across the road north of the house. I saw two Whooping cranes today too. I still have drifts in the trees that are 3-4 foot tall. So it will be a few days until it is all gone. But it is going fast. I was ready for a melt.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Melting here - 04/22/18 12:39 AM

Lots of mud here... usually bothers me, but not this year!
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Melting here - 04/22/18 12:51 AM

Good to see you OLD bastages still enjoying lifeĦ
Posted By: goldy

Re: Melting here - 04/22/18 01:00 AM

The snow went fast here the last couple of days. Even saw a couple barn swallows and a couple tree swallows today, although I have no idea what they are eating, the flying insects won't be out for at least a couple weeks yet.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Melting here - 04/22/18 01:24 AM

Mark, were the Whoopers flying north, or in a field hanging out?

Re: Melting here - 04/22/18 02:30 AM

bucksnbears It was almost warm enough to drink some of my homemade beer I mark "friends and relatives"
J.Morse the whoopers were sitting on the gravel road I live on. I was headed to town to get gas for the ATV. They flew west off the road and then started circling to gain elevation drifting north. I was headed north and they were keeping up almost while circling. I called them in. I see some pretty much ever year. Mostly in the fall and often with sand hills.
I would bet the slough below the house came up close to 2 feet today with the melt. Chicken coupe is flooded. I will move some dirt once it dries out some. A lot of snow melted today, but there is plenty to go in the trees.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Melting here - 04/22/18 04:25 AM

It was warm here today, worked all day. Tomorrow sposed to be real nice!
Most or half our snow cover is gone

Re: Melting here - 04/22/18 12:10 PM

I'm your friend but ain't drinking no more of that stuff shocked shocked

Re: Melting here - 04/22/18 04:24 PM

Lol, hangover?

Re: Melting here - 04/23/18 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical.20
Lol, hangover?

No... Massive squirts!!
Had to drink Clorox to get the taste out of my mouth!!

Re: Melting here - 04/23/18 02:03 AM

bucksnbears I may take up making whiskey. That would clean you out. Looking to the west from the house.

Re: Melting here - 04/23/18 02:36 AM

Lmao, that sounds worse than the wine I made, I think my container wasn't sealed good

Re: Melting here - 04/23/18 02:47 AM

Tactical.20 bucksnbears is not used to anything but goats milk. He is kind of girly about his eating and drinking.

Re: Melting here - 04/23/18 02:51 AM

You guys r funny!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums