Home

Yeti Coolers drop NRA

Posted By: waggler

Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 03:01 PM

Really dumb move, but at least many of these corporation are revealing who they really are.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 03:05 PM

Never did understand why someone would pay that much money for a cooler, cup, or tumbler etc. You can buy plenty of them that do as good if not better job of keeping things hot/cold, and for a 1/10 of the price. There must be some people paying that much as the company seems to do just fine.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 03:20 PM

I heard Delta air lines stopped giving breaks on air line tickets for NRA members. I guess I didn't know they did that. I think there was another air line that also stopped giving ticket breaks to NRA members.
Posted By: ambush32

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 03:27 PM

Trash.....wonder how many sportsmen will buy Yuppie products and never know Yuppie is not on their side....hopefully they falter..
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 03:41 PM

They were to expensive anyway. It will be interesting to see how many hunting shows that are sponsored by Yeti continue to take their money.....Although he's not the only one, Jim Shockey is the highest profile TV host that pushes Yeti coolers...lets see what he does...
Posted By: ShaneT

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: WadeRyan
Never did understand why someone would pay that much money for a cooler, cup, or tumbler etc. You can buy plenty of them that do as good if not better job of keeping things hot/cold, and for a 1/10 of the price. There must be some people paying that much as the company seems to do just fine.

While I don't like that they dropped the NRA and I won't be buying more of their products unless they remedy the mistake, saying that you can get something that works like they do for 1/10th the price is just flat wrong. None of the knock off brands that I have bought or been around that are about the same price or even 10 to 20 percent less than Yeti really stack up. Some don't even come close. With the old Igloo and Coleman's, well they ain't even in the same league.
Posted By: coalminer

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:22 PM

I will use styrofoam before a Overpriced Yeti, 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:30 PM

Love my rtic coolers and while not cheap way cheaper they yeti.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:38 PM

I’m a firm believer in pushback. I’ll be contacting them first thing Monday morning. These companies give in time and time again to fake outrage. 5 to 10 people makeing themselves look like tens of thousands by using web bots. Some companies have figured it out, others can’t or don’t want too.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:42 PM

And my list just keeps growing~ whistle

Went to they "YETI Friends" site on Facebook left a message "No NRA support no YETI support!"
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:46 PM

So will Yeti drop its advertising with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation?
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:47 PM

I just emailed them informing them I will no longer be buying their product.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ShaneT

While I don't like that they dropped the NRA and I won't be buying more of their products unless they remedy the mistake, saying that you can get something that works like they do for 1/10th the price is just flat wrong. None of the knock off brands that I have bought or been around that are about the same price or even 10 to 20 percent less than Yeti really stack up. Some don't even come close. With the old Igloo and Coleman's, well they ain't even in the same league.

In head to head tests the Yeti's often don't perform as well as brands that sell for 1/2 or less of the price. I've linked to one such test below. Nearly every cooler does better than the Yeti. The one I own, the Coleman Marine Extreme, beats the Yeti every time in it's ability to hold ice. Mine is a 120 quart and sells for about $65.00. The Yeti of the same size lists for $550.00 (88% more than the Coleman).

Posted By: corky

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: racerboy108

x2

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 04:57 PM

Pick a side, lose a side just don't understand how these business folks can't figure that out or what is making them pick a side! Considering the NRA has nothing to do with the current BS they like making up about them why even go there?
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 05:21 PM

I don't care enough about your opinion to go and look them all up, but in fact people have done testing on a large number of coolers, tumblers etc. with multiple basic brands killing the Yeti. I think there's a couple already mentioned above this post. I have an Ozark Trail tumbler I got on clearance for around $2.50 that held ice longer than a Yeti tumbler of the same size that cost my buddy $40....That's actually like 6% of the price, but I guess I rounded up....? Anyways argue on.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 05:35 PM

Regardless, they're part of the , " I still live with my wealthy parents, but I'm a Florida Georgia Line blaring , big diesel truck driving ,white framed sunglasses wearing , Tapout t-shirt sporting, redneck " starter pack.
Posted By: sandhiller78

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 05:48 PM

Whether you use them or not, send them a note that you won’t be spending any money with them. Direct links provided by waggler. Takes 5 mins.. Those on the flipside will take the time, so should we.
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 05:49 PM

Way overrated and overpriced, now the decision not to buy is even easier.
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 05:54 PM

I sent them a message saying I will no longer spend money on them.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 05:56 PM

Not the first Company to do this and WON'T be the last. Big question is will they pull there support from all those hunting shows as well?????

Time will tell!!!!

B

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: BBarnes
Not the first Company to do this and WON'T be the last. Big question is will they pull there support from all those hunting shows as well?????

Time will tell!!!!

B

How about the hunting shows saying "thanks but no thanks ".
Posted By: tjm

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt
Regardless, they're part of the , " I still live with my wealthy parents, but I'm a Florida Georgia Line blaring , big diesel truck driving ,white framed sunglasses wearing , Tapout t-shirt sporting, redneck " starter pack.
Is that the same thing as "wannabe white-trash"?

I recollect not very long ago long threads on this forum where numerous tests showing Yeti to be inferior to much cheaper units were linked and many Trappermen said all the tests were bogus.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:05 PM

I don't care if they're better or not, they showed their colors and i won't support them.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: tjm
Is that the same thing as "wannabe white-trash"?

I recollect not very long ago long threads on this forum where numerous tests showing Yeti to be inferior to much cheaper units were linked and many Trappermen said all the tests were bogus.

Pretty much the same thing .

I didn't see that thread . Don't use yeti products so don't care .

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:08 PM

Time will tell!!!!

B

How about the hunting shows saying "thanks but no thanks ".

They can't survive without the support, More commercials then hunting anyway!

B

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:17 PM

Don't worry Folks, you can still get your Yeti Coolers at Dicks Sporting Goods!!!! shocked laugh shocked crazy laugh

Now that funny isn't it.

B
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: virgil1972
I sent them a message saying I will no longer spend money on them.

I sent a message asking if they ever herd of the Dixie Chicks?
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:21 PM

Just emailed them saying I will not purchase another Yeti product, but it's difficult to toss a $500 cooler out. The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to though.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:27 PM

You should keep it always as a reminder of your yuppiness...

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 06:28 PM

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 07:49 PM

wy.wolfer, don’t throw it away, cover with stickers, preferably Confederate themed.....
Posted By: Hoppytrapsfur

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 08:28 PM

Oh well. There junk anyway. Friend had a bear chew one up. Got all his deer meat out of it.

Had it been a Coleman or other brand they'd just open it up have it and leave!

Will
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 08:32 PM

Told them I was selling mine at a garage sale, Too embarrassed be seen in hunting camp with one.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 08:49 PM

I just sent them an email: Due to your company refusing to sell products to, and severing ties with, the NRA Foundation without prior notice or explanation, I will not purchase another Yeti product.

Thank You,

XXXXXXX XXXXXX

I urge you all to do the same. Here is a link to Yeti's contact information (also provided at the bottom of the article the OP linked to. Yeti Contact Info
Posted By: doublesettrigger

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 09:22 PM

I sent a nasty gram also.
Rickey

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 09:34 PM

What gets me is companies are stupid to come out and take a side.

If they stay silent they have all consumers. By taking a side they divide their customers.

Stupid!!!

I bet none of us get replies. Lol

Keep the emails going
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 09:43 PM

Then No Yetis for Me or Minktoberfest! Other coolers can serve the purpose.
Posted By: hrdtoflw

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 09:45 PM

Dumb move to turn your back on the outdoors people whom buy thier products. The jackwagons they are pandering to, are not the ones keeping them in business, and now I hope they learn a lesson, the hard way!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 09:46 PM

Yeti sucks.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 10:11 PM

RTIC has fired back at yeti’s move by simply posting the 2nd Amendment on their FB page.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 10:18 PM

Buy ORCA Coolers. They are still made here in the USA and are a quality product a lot less $$ to boot!

Chris
Posted By: Denny Russell

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 10:21 PM

I told them that due to their decision, I wouldn't be purchasing any more of their products. I told them it was great to live in a free country where they could make a decision and I could also make a decision, only I won't be losing a job over mine.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 10:30 PM

got some electrician's tape to cover their logo on my travel cup...

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 11:40 PM

I don't care enough about your opinion to go and look them all up, but in fact people have done testing on a large number of coolers, tumblers etc. with multiple basic brands killing the Yeti. I think there's a couple already mentioned above this post. I have an Ozark Trail tumbler I got on clearance for around $2.50 that held ice longer than a Yeti tumbler of the same size that cost my buddy $40....That's actually like 6% of the price, but I guess I rounded up....? Anyways argue on.

I don't care what you care about bud. I am speaking from personal hands on experience. I am not relying on some " I heard it on the internet so it must be true" source. OUi, Oui?

So as you say, argue on.

It is a moot point for me. If Yeti dropped the NRA then I am dropping them.
Posted By: randyt

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/22/18 11:54 PM

picking up a yeti cooler has been on my to do list, not anymore

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:01 AM

I am ashamed of what yeti did, but I have no shame that I bought one years ago. I can't buy products buy guessing what some maker will do in the future. I needed a cooler that I could eat out of for a week at a time, without worrying about the contents. I keep it in my truck all summer, right next to a coleman extreme.
The coleman has been reduced to a water cooler. If you ice the coleman up on sunday, along with the yeti, when next sunday comes, the food in the coleman is like a science project. My food in the yeti is still ice cold, even if most of the ice is melted.
I do think yeti changed when they crossed the ocean, and I do think the company sucks for taking sides with crybaby's, and most are not of voting age.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:08 AM

Rtic are on sale

www.rticcoolers.com

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:10 AM

Nice to see so many of you guys took the time to contact Yeti and tell them that you will no longer support them. My father wasn't a fighter, but he always told me if you are in one, the only thing that matters is winning. We have to start fighting back against the insanity and the only thing they understand is the bottom line. Kind of stupid if you think about Yeti....their whole advertising campaign is geared towards hunters, and anglers......Reminds me of what Cheaper Than Dirt did a few years back. I still havent forgotten that and refuse to buy anything from them even if I have to pay double.
Posted By: Hancock

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:22 AM

I sent my opinion to them telling them with a struggling youth today with drugs and addictions. Why would you stop supporting the NRA that helps introduce kids to the outdoors. That's just my 2cents

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:27 AM

By the way, I also let them know I will not buy thier products again. I just don't get how they thought this was good for business. i will now need to hide it, paint it, put a rainbow sticker on it, or fill it with tanerite, and shoot it.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:40 AM

For anyone else that wants to contact them expressing their opinions on the matter here is a link to their contact info. I emailed them. Will also call them in tomorrow when they are open.

https://www.yeti.com/contact-us.html

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: hrdtoflw
By the way, I also let them know I will not buy thier products again. I just don't get how they thought this was good for business. i will now need to hide it, paint it, put a rainbow sticker on it, or fill it with tanerite, and shoot it.

I am thinking option #4. I will be throwing away my Yeti coffee mug and replacing it with anything else.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:43 AM

I'm contacting the sporting goods retailers that sell their coolers that will hurt them more if the big retailers wont even carry them. A guy might buy one cooler a year but how much more do you spend in cabelas or sportsmans a year?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:47 AM

There is a company that sells stickers so you can cover the name. Can't post a link but the replaces the y in yeti with Shi then the rest of the yeti cooler name. Funny take on these over priced coolers.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: nvwrangler

There is a company that sells stickers so you can cover the name. Can't post a link but the replaces the y in yeti with Shi then the rest of the yeti cooler name. Funny take on these over priced coolers.

Replaces the YE in Yeti. Then Shi...
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:57 AM

Coleman Marine Extreme for sale on Ebay w/free shipping, under $70.00.
Posted By: goldy

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 01:09 AM

It's amazing to me how many businesses, or people in general, that really couldn't care less about the constitution. This country is headed down a slippery slope, and fast. I emailed them my concerns.
Posted By: skippyturtle

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 01:53 AM

I am one that is glad when companies choose sides. It shows me their true values and makes it easier for me to spend my money on different products. I suspect yeti will reverse course after some push back but that is not what i am interested in. I would rather no one told them anything and they just lost their a-- and folded up company.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: skippyturtle
I am one that is glad when companies choose sides. It shows me their true values and makes it easier for me to spend my money on different products. I suspect yeti will reverse course after some push back but that is not what i am interested in. I would rather no one told them anything and they just lost their a-- and folded up company.

X2!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: bowhunter27295
It is yeti's choice to go with this decision.

I am glad we live in a country where people can make all these choices.

It just appears to me that more companies would learn from the stupid mistakes other companies make.

Why not just keep your mouth shut and get everyone's money rather than open your stupid yap and instantly cut your income in half.

It does truly baffle me.

So, Pelican or Engle?

The Pelican is OK. I haven't tried the Engle or RTIC.

I won a KYSEK brand as a performance award at work a few weeks ago. The company is based here in Louisiana. It holds ice better than my Coleman Marine Extremes. I get about 36 hours more life out of my ice with the KYSEK over the Coleman It has very heavy duty hinges, handles, and drain spout, which we all know are weak spots on many standard coolers. I guess I will see how it holds up. It is my company truck cooler now.
Posted By: Bristleback

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 03:03 AM

WOW, this move by Yeti really surprises me. I know first hand, the 2 brothers that spearheaded Yeti are avid deer hunters. They must not have much say now??
Posted By: bushytail

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Bristleback
WOW, this move by Yeti really surprises me. I know first hand, the 2 brothers that spearheaded Yeti are avid deer hunters. They must not have much say now??

From my understanding, they sold out 5-6 years ago.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 04:04 AM

Have you asked them?
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 04:08 AM

Gonna send em a nasty gram here in just a minute.
Posted By: Pafoxman

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 10:56 AM

Contact Yeti by all means... but also contact all the high profile
tv hunters who are sponsored by them and take their
money. The Crush, Jim Shockey, Eva Shockey, the Drury brothers, etc

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:20 AM

How'd you like to be the person checking messages/emails at that place this morning?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:28 AM

I got the following automated response:

Thank you for taking a break from your adventures to reach out to YETI. Our normal business hours are Monday - Friday 8-5:30 CST. As soon as we are back in the office from our own adventures we will personally respond to your inquiry. We look forward to helping you!

The YETI Outfitters
YETI
customerservice@yeti.com
yeti.com

We will see if there is a non-automated reply to come.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:32 AM

What they mean by adventures is their yuppie conventions. I bet they don't even know anything about being a sportsman. Obviously!!!!!

And Marty B for sure would not want to be the one to check emails. Lol

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:47 AM

No, I have not, I just looked back, it's been 5 years since talking with Ryan and Roy.
Pretty obvious they don't have much if any say today.
It will be very interesting to see how the retailers/dealers react to this move.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:14 PM

Lugnut:
Thanks for posting the email address of yeti. I wish there was a post that would stay up with all the Co. organization etc that have pulled there support of the NRA. I am not any good at finding those address. But I would sure email them with my two cent worth. Just being a NRA member is just not enough any more. WE ALL have to get more active if we want to keep our 2nd amendment right.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:16 PM

just sent them a message
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:19 PM

Sent them a message also.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:29 PM

I just sent them a second one. Lol

Told them when they get back from their yuppie convention to get back to me.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:38 PM

Quote:
How long will a Yeti cooler keep Tide Pods cool? You clowns ought to research that, since thats going to be your new customer base.

There's 4000+ comments on their FB page.

Good reading in a train wreck kind of way.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Marty B
Quote:
How long will a Yeti cooler keep Tide Pods cool? You clowns ought to research that, since thats going to be your new customer base.

There's 4000+ comments on their FB page.

Good reading in a train wreck kind of way.

Yea I went there to send a message but after reading for a bit I figured email would be better.
Posted By: Dewey NY

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 01:10 PM

I just sent them an e-mail saying how disappointed I was in their decision.
I said "You stop supporting the NRA, I stop supporting you. Bad decision you your part."

Jerry

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 01:20 PM

Go to their Facebook page YETI Fans and see the comments there before they take them down!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Go to their Facebook page YETI Fans and see the comments there before they take them down!

I don't have Facebook.

Are they getting slammed with negative comments?

Or are they getting praised by the libs?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 01:29 PM

Slammed about anyplace people can post a comment~ grin

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 01:31 PM

Slammed about anyplace people can post a comment~ grin

Bankrupted over night. LOL

How stupid they are.

I have to add that they are obviously not in touch with what kind of people use their products.

Posted By: coydog2

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 03:42 PM

I never hear of this company, till I read this post. I take it, I been out in the woods away from it all to matter. I see I am not missing anything.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 03:56 PM

Can you say Muck boots? whistle
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 04:47 PM

I emailed the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation to inquire if they are still going to list yeti as a partner.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 04:48 PM

I told my wife I'd like one for my birthday. That's not gonna happen. I will never buy one that I know their position.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 05:12 PM

My email was rejected at yeti?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 05:26 PM

Strange how companies that "make it" and get big, crap all over the people who made them.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: hippie
Strange how companies that "make it" and get big, crap all over the people who made them.

Just like almost every celebrity.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Oh Snap
Good news. They must be getting overloaded. Id like to be a bystander in the next board meeting,

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 06:24 PM

I doubt the looney left is a strong customer base compared to the folks that spent the majority of their time outdoors, might be a few wayward snowflakes but not many! LOL
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 08:35 PM

They have a statement up on their Facebook page claiming they offered the NRA an alternate program and that they fully support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: CoonsBane
They have a statement up on their Facebook page claiming they offered the NRA an alternate program and that they fully support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.

Back pedaling to save their behind. Lol

Let them crash and burn.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 08:41 PM

Yeti coolers is owned by Cortec group. They are a private equity group that owns several brands mostly medical related. They had petitioned to launch an IPO on yeti a few weeks ago but backed out of the bid .they anticipated making 3.2 billion on the IPO launch . Can you imagine their stock price after that news if they had launched the IPO .
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:22 PM

Forgive me if this had already been discussed, I didn't read the whole thread.
What will Jim Shockey have to say about this?
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:23 PM

Its America they can do what they want.. Got a question for ALL on here ranting about this. Will it really effect you. How much did them supporting ( how ever they did) the NRA really matter? Lots of people wouldn't even know this happened if most of you whining didn't announce it.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: coydog2
I never hear of this company, till I read this post. I take it, I been out in the woods away from it all to matter. I see I am not missing anything.

Proving my point !!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:25 PM

I heard they colluded with the Russians and influenced their board of directors with Stormy Daniels too! laugh Just putting that out there. LOL J/K
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: goldy
Originally Posted By: Oh Snap
Good news. They must be getting overloaded. Id like to be a bystander in the next board meeting,

Try emailing them again. I sent them an email earlier, but when I saw this post, I tried again. The second colorful email went through, so I’m sure they’d love to hear from you.

To give it a better chance of actually being read, I put one of their expensive cooler models as the subject. “Oh, what a relief, here’s finally one from a customer that doesn’t hate us!

BOOM, mentally wrecked by an email politely telling them that they’re hopefully going to be experiencing declining sales and layoffs soon.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: jbyrd63
Its America they can do what they want.. Got a question for ALL on here ranting about this. Will it really effect you. How much did them supporting ( how ever they did) the NRA really matter? Lots of people wouldn't even know this happened if most of you whining didn't announce it.

It's not about whining. It's about pushing back against companies that don't support the second amendment, pushing back against companies that sever ties with organizations and individuals who do support 2A.

The alternative is to lie down and quietly take it.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:39 PM

I didn't get the promised response from Yeti today. Did anyone else?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Lugnut

It's not about whining. It's about pushing back against companies that don't support the second amendment, pushing back against companies that sever ties with organizations and individuals who do support 2A.

Absolutely right Lugnut! Not many on this site will just take it without a response!

Chris

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:43 PM

I didn't get the promised response from Yeti today. Did anyone else?

Nope. But I didn't email until this morning.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:53 PM

Ok be honest !!! How many of the people that posted on here are ACTUALLY customers? How many would be repeat customers. Enlighten me on how exactly this push back is supposed to happen. Its not like they are Walmart or a fast food chain.
There are so many knock -offs for half the price that most posters on here are money savvy would buy the cheaper version.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 09:53 PM

Go to the YETI site on Facebook just YETI not the YETI fan page and it will show you just what their target market really is!
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 10:08 PM

Emailed them yesterday and no response yet. Really do not expect one

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 10:30 PM

No response to my email sent yesterday.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 10:41 PM

X2!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 10:45 PM

Another do nothing and something will happen fan! LOL

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:18 PM

I got a response. Also had a conversation with a customer rep.
Yeti says all it did was discontinue an outdated discount
Program to replace it. The NRA was affected by this along with
a lot of other organizations. According to Yeti the NRA
assumed that yeti was cutting ties and through out a
statement to get press. Yeti assured me they support our
2nd amendment and always will.
Possibly true? I think so but who knows. The NRA is
no doubt looking for anything to push people to raise heck
And get publicity. Or Yeti could be doing a quick cover up.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:27 PM

Sounds like Muck boot all over~

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Pafoxman
I got a response. Also had a conversation with a customer rep.
Yeti says all it did was discontinue an outdated discount
Program to replace it. The NRA was affected by this along with
a lot of other organizations. According to Yeti the NRA
assumed that yeti was cutting ties and through out a
statement to get press. Yeti assured me they support our
2nd amendment and always will.
Possibly true? I think so but who knows. The NRA is
no doubt looking for anything to push people to raise heck
And get publicity. Or Yeti could be doing a quick cover up.

That, imo is what's going on. Look at the press coverage, they are getting hammered and are trying to save face. Idiots!
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:52 PM

done contacted them thru their web-site and told them I am boycotting their products
Posted By: Savell

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/23/18 11:57 PM

....I thought yeti coolers were for closet homos with money from the get go

....guess I was right lol
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:10 AM

Pelican. Coolers AND gun cases. Made in America.

Mike

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Savell
....I thought yeti coolers were for closet homos with money from the get go

....guess I was right lol

Not really. You excluded the rednecks with money who bought enough beer, but don't want to take a chance on having to drive 30 miles back to town from deer camp for ice. I say, go with a 2nd amendment cooler company or make the drive. Yeti stinks on ice, pun intended!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:17 AM

Pretty simple......no more discount for NRA members.

You figure it out from there.
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:19 AM

I see on FB that pelican is offering $10 to the NRA and a free tumbler. There is a promo.code on there
PELICANPROUD

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:29 AM

This is the reply back from Yeti:

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

Chris

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:30 AM

.....catch 22 ...down here us genuine rednecks drink beer hot straight out of the toolbox lol
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:37 AM

DICK'S: "Nobody can lose business faster than we can."
YETI: "Hold my tumbler"
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
DICK'S: "Nobody can lose business faster than we can."
YETI: "Hold my tumbler"

I just saw that at XDtalk, that is hilarious!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:47 AM

If you need a cooler to keep your beer cold for 4 hours, you are doing it wrong. ..... Cheers

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Scuba1
If you need a cooler to keep your bed cold for 4 hours, you are doing it wrong. ..... Cheers

Sounds like a personal problem! blush

Chris

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:52 AM

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:56 AM

They have a track record on guns and change their tune when they get push back.

www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/03/foghorn/yeti-reverses-austin-tx-store-gun-ban/amp/

Makes one wonder who they do support? And if its a tree hugger group or animal rites group but they dang sure don't post that info.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Savell
.....catch 22 ...down here us genuine rednecks drink beer hot straight out of the toolbox lol

That's how them queers in Amsterdam drink it too. grin

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:04 AM

...I'd have to take your word on that 22 ...you come across as a man with experience lol

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:10 AM

I have a relative in Texas who heard that from a Texan, the whole steers and queers thing. But I don't judge, I realize some of you fella's are out a ways, so carry on lol. Yeti sucks!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:13 AM

If you need a cooler to keep your beer cold for 4 hours, you are doing it wrong. ..... Cheers

Indeed...there's a reason they sell it in a 30-pack....if it was for sippin, it'd be sold by the half-pint.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Catch22
I have a relative in Texas who heard that from a Texan, the whole steers and queers thing. But I don't judge, I realize some of you fella's are out a ways, so carry on lol. Yeti sucks!

It's pigs in a blanket, Keep up.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:33 AM

It's all out war right now. Get on board or be killed grin

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:40 AM

www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/03/foghorn/yeti-reverses-austin-tx-store-gun-ban/amp/

Makes one wonder who they do support? And if its a tree hugger group or animal rites group but they dang sure don't post that info.

Interesting

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:48 AM

I got a response. It was identical to the one Hodagtrapper got:

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

I don't believe them. I believe they were once again (see nvwrangler's link) catering to their anti-gun hipster demographic and it backfired.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:51 AM

I'm with you Lugnut, they are lying trying to keep the income rolling, they are anti's period. BOYCOTT!
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:51 AM

Was going to get a cooler for the boat this week, probably will not be a Yeti...

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: John-Chagnon
Was going to get a cooler for the boat this week, probably will not be a Yeti...

Probably John???
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:56 AM

Not going to for sure Catch22!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:57 AM

I just sent them another email letting them know I don't believe their story.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: John-Chagnon
Not going to for sure Catch22!

Right on brother, lets stick it to them!! We are being attacked on our way of life and need to stick together.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 02:15 AM

You would think it being such a Dick's like move maybe they were telling the truth but then you look at their target audience on their Facebook YETI site and it seems like they intended to mess with the NRA. Trying to find a hunting post on their page are few and far apart.
Posted By: JakeDog

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 02:19 AM

Yes Sir ^^^^^

You did forget "salt life" stickers - seems when I go inland I see those diesel trucks with aqua colored yetis and the truck will have some sort of "salt life" sticker plastered on it.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 02:49 AM

Well I found out one thing I didn't know... me and all the other people I know who bought a Yeti, were given a Yeti as a gift, or won a Yeti at a NRA, NWTF, DU, Whitetails Unlimited event, or as a safety award from their company or clients over the past 10 years, were actually closet homo, yuppie, hipster, anti gun, sissy, mama's boys/ girls.

At least according to some of the experts on Tman....Just got to sit back and smile sometimes because you just can't make some of this stuff up.

I guess all you pre controversy Muck boot wearing folks got some 'splaining to do.

Lol. cool

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 02:54 AM

Well I found out one thing I didn't know... me and all the other people I know who bought a Yeti, were given a Yeti as a gift, or won a Yeti at a NRA, NWTF, DU, Whitetails Unlimited event, or as a safety award from their company or clients over the past 10 years, were actually closet homo, yuppie, hipster, anti gun, sissy, mama's boys/ girls.

At least according to some of the experts on Tman....Just got to sit back and smile sometimes because you just can't make some of this stuff up.

I guess all you pre controversy Muck boot wearing folks got some 'splaining to do.

Lol. cool

We don't have some splain, we all know your a tool, thanks!!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 02:57 AM

grin

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:00 AM

Lol. cool

We don't have some splain, we all know your a tool, thanks!!

grin
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:02 AM

Doesn't take much to set off the gunflakes of club compromise. In the grand scheme of things, an over priced cooler company really isn't all that important. Perhaps instead of being miffed over a cooler company it would be better to wonder why Republicans haven't put forth any pro gun legislation (repeal of the NFA), since they now have both houses of congress and the executive?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
Doesn't take much to set off the gunflakes of club compromise. In the grand scheme of things, an over priced cooler company really isn't all that important. Perhaps instead of being miffed over a cooler company it would be better to wonder why Republicans haven't put forth any pro gun legislation (repeal of theach NFA), since they now have both houses of congress and the executive?

That's worthy of a what??? A Zing.....

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:05 AM

It looks like they're in full damage control mode right now; or should I say, panic mode.

On another subject; what's "salt life"?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: waggler
It looks like they're in full damage control mode right now; or should I say, panic mode.

No clue. See the stickers in back windows around here from time to time. Gonna google..

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:09 AM

Salt life; A surfer or beach goer!

Chris

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:09 AM

No clue. See the stickers in back windows around here from time to time. Gonna google..

Apparently a line of beach clothes. I guess that would be swim trunks.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:10 AM

Well swim trunks won't keep your beers cold!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:12 AM

A brand name that started out with stickers but is now on shirts and all kinds a gear. Usually worn by people who live more than 100 odd miles or so from any kinda salt water or further.

Seriously though it is just a locals joke around here about people from off

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:14 AM

Well swim trunks won't keep your beers cold!

Last 6 pack I bought 5 went green in the fridge lol.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:06 AM

You tried plugging the fridge in ???

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:27 AM

You tried plugging the fridge in ???

Yup. Just lost the taste for it I guess. Every once in awhile, like once a year maybe, they will go down good.

I still enjoy a scotch on the rocks or two a couple times a month though. That scotch seems to keep better.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:52 AM

Yeti, the premium cooler-maker synonymous with the outdoors and country music, was forced on Monday to defend its “unwavering belief and commitment” to the Second Amendment after widely read email from the National Rifle Association.

The NRA emailed its members that the Austin-based company “suddenly, without prior notice” indicated that it wanted to cut business ties with the NRA Foundation, The Statesman reported.

Since the initial report, some customers have taken to social media to destroy their Yeti products, including the #YetiCoolerChallenge, where a woman blows up here cooler.

The company is about 10 years old but rose to prominence in recent years. Chris Jansen, a country singer, wrote about the cooler in his 2015 hit "Buy Me a Boat."

The Statesman's report pointed out that the email comes at a time other high-profile companies have ended their relationship with the NRA after the Florida School shooting.

News4Jax reported that it obtained the NRA email that claimed that the company refused to say why it “will no longer sell products” to the foundation.

Yeti—which sells coolers that reach $1,299-- worked to clarify its position. The company said that it notified the foundation and other organizations, a few weeks ago, that it was “eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs.”

“When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations about this change, Yeti explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation,” the statement read. “These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the (NRA) distributed on April 20.”

The company said, it has “always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions.”

Fox News reached out to Yeti and did not immediately receive comment.

Despite the company’s statement, which was posted on Facebook and Twitter, many commenters appear unconvinced about the statement.

One user, who received 1,700 likes by late Monday, posted, “I will use all my Overpriced Yeti products for target practice and buy new RTIC coolers for my outdoor uses!!”

(RTIC is a cooler brand that competes with Yeti.)

Another user called the statement “damage control.”

Still, some users appeared to have moved on from the back-and-forth and will continue to use the product.

"All they (Yeti) said was they weren't offering the discount program any longer to the NRA and other organizations and a new program was in effect, the NRA took it negatively and ran with it," a commenter said.

Last month, Yeti ended its plans to go public, citing “market conditions,” The Wall Street Journal

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:09 AM

They went public alright, just not the way they planned it lol

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:20 AM

If Yeti wasn't actually jumping on the anti-NRA bandwagon their timing certainly wasn't good.

But I'm really suspicious of their action. Everyone in America knows it's in vogue right now to slam the NRA. Yeti obviously knew this, their marketing people wouldn't have allowed this to happen right now if they hadn't intended to try to capitalize on anti-NRA sentiment. They were pretty stupid if they didn't expect this backlash, I'm guessing they just misjudged what the results of their actions would be.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:32 AM

I think you hit the nail on the flat part there Waggler

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 08:10 AM

Well you all can put the pitchforks and lanterns back in the
Barn. This is fake news. Had the chance to chat with Tiff Lakosky
from the Crush tonight. Quail unlimited and rocky Mt elk released
Statements defending yeti. They along with many other organizations
got the same letter. Apparently when the nra got theirs they simply
assumed they were being singled out. Aside from the statement Yeti
released, the NRA promised to do a press release shortly apologizing
for and retracting their original statement.
Isn’t it crazy how social media can make a simple misunderstanding
go crazy. But I guess the real joke is on all the people who smashed
Their coolers and threw their cups away because of one post they
saw online. Gotta love the internet

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 09:37 AM

Guess that works both ways dont it?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 11:12 AM

You think how much people they sponsor and the sheer enormity of yeti not supporting the NRA or the second amendment? How many hunting shows and all would have to come out and drop them as sponsors and all.

It does work both ways, very least yeti should can the folks who did not think this decision through? IF this is true, this decision and not the timing OF this decision was some very very poor judgement.

Would like to see those other folks come out and state they got their letters too, haven't seen them do that yet. Still think a lot of this is damage control -- go back to what waggler said

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 11:29 AM

I'm hearing a lot of spin from Yeti. They have an anti-gun record, they've alienated half their customers before and had to reverse themselves. They claimed ignorance that time...

Check out the link nvwrangler posted.

Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 11:52 AM

I have two 120 quart Coleman extreme coolers that I bought for $65 dollars a piece-with the price difference between those two coolers and two yetis of the same size, I sure can buy a lot of extra ice, food and beer. Doesn’t make economic sense to me, and they seem to hold ice just as long as my buddies yeti through a week of salmon fishing.

I think a lot of companies knee jerk reactions to political stances will separate the true sportsman driven companies from the yuppie fakers, and have been recently.
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: JakeDog

Ha! I almost spit out my coffee! laugh

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:25 PM

Jakedog, go back and read my post . Those other folks have done
that. Quail unlimited released the same copy the nra got.
They understood Yeti was changing a program that affected a lot
of organizations. The nra did not understand what was going on. I tried
To post the statement but this antiquated website doesn’t allow copy and paste.
Go online, I’m sure you can find it. I’m not a yeti fan by any means,
but if their intentions were good than who am I to spin it for drama’s
sake. All evidence points to this. Yeti also purchased ads in the NRA magazine
For next month. If they intended to cut ties than why would they do that?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Tweed

You should have because of it's absurdity. My grandma bought me my Yeti cup for Christmas a few years back and she has handled more fur, killed more deer, caught more fish, drank more beer, and dipped more snuff than 80% of the people on this site.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:32 PM

They picked a bad time to be doing any changes. A lot of rats in the corporate world.

I don't trust any of them. I think they are back pedaling.

The NRA is not going to go off half cocked.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Tweed

Give credit where credit is due - - - A-Aron Tippet originally posted that there -

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 12:51 PM

Jakedog, go back and read my post . Those other folks have done
that. Quail unlimited released the same copy the nra got.
They understood Yeti was changing a program that affected a lot
of organizations. The nra did not understand what was going on. I tried
To post the statement but this antiquated website doesn’t allow copy and paste.
Go online, I’m sure you can find it. I’m not a yeti fan by any means,
but if their intentions were good than who am I to spin it for drama’s
sake. All evidence points to this. Yeti also purchased ads in the NRA magazine
For next month. If they intended to cut ties than why would they do that?

Care less about YETI either? don't buy their gear, it is good gear but out of my price range or at least I choose to spend that money on things I find more useful than holding ice -

Nothing being spun for any sake but I have walked this world long enough to see the workings of things and have a good understanding of them.

Go back and read my post, you think of ALL the repercussions of YETI being anti gun?? think of all the folks they sponsor and that promote their products??????? the list is enormous - these gun folks outdoor shows, conservation associations, not just national ones but down to the local level? fishing touneys in my area alone are huge! they have a VESTED interest in YETI being vindicated and would certainly run to YETIs aid as they have.

Then like I said IF the decision is as they say then the CEO should be questioning just what or how the decision to do this was reached AT this time - - this is something that could have been postponed until a later date.

YETI might have been kicked in the gut but the silver lining is the DC politicians have certainly taken notice of this backlash.

J
Posted By: dublelung

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:29 PM

Us "ranters" who support the NRA are the ones who fight for YOUR right while you sit idly by on the sidelines and reap the benefits.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:30 PM

OK still waiting on the show of hands of people on this thread that ACTUALLY have supported YETI by owning one of their products.

Heck until this I didn't even know Yeti gave a discount to NRA members !!!

They are too high !!!!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:40 PM

OK still waiting on the show of hands of people on this thread that ACTUALLY have supported YETI by owning one of their products.

Heck until this I didn't even know Yeti gave a discount to NRA members !!!

They are too high !!!!

I own 5 Yeti product. Some bought, some won at NRA Banquets, some given. It is my understanding that they did not give discounts to members but gave discounts to the NRA on their products that were used as prizes and giveaways.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:41 PM

It certainly has brought attention to the subject of quality coolers. I've been doing some research the past few days; I think I'm going to buy an RTIC.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: dublelung

Us "ranters" who support the NRA are the ones who fight for YOUR right while you sit idly by on the sidelines and reap the benefits.

My question from the start has been did YETI give money to the NRA? Or was it just a discount to members? How many members even knew they got a discount?
IF they donated actual money to the NRA then no wonder the NRA is crying. SO glad you mentioned the word "RIGHTS" and fighting for them. Doesn't people in AMERICA have the right to donate and support WHOMEVER and / or WHATEVER they want. People and organization pull support from others everyday. They have the right to drop support for the NRA , just like you have the right to drop support (if you ever did) for Yeti

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:50 PM

It certainly has brought attention to the subject of quality coolers. I've been doing some research the past few days; I think I'm going to buy an RTIC.

If I ever feel like I need another rotomolded cooler I am going either Pelican or RTIC. With the ones by YETI and Kysek that I already have I doubt I ever will feel the need.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 01:56 PM

Ok I am willing to bet that MOST of these outdoor programs that are getting ACTUAL money from Yeti keep right on taking their money. That is how they can hunt and fish for a living. Not getting money/ discounts from Yeti is why the NRA is crying. If the money stops people whine regardless of who it is ....
Posted By: dublelung

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 02:11 PM

My question from the start has been did YETI give money to the NRA? Or was it just a discount to members? How many members even knew they got a discount?
IF they donated actual money to the NRA then no wonder the NRA is crying. SO glad you mentioned the word "RIGHTS" and fighting for them. Doesn't people in AMERICA have the right to donate and support WHOMEVER and / or WHATEVER they want. People and organization pull support from others everyday. They have the right to drop support for the NRA , just like you have the right to drop support (if you ever did) for Yeti

Yes I own several Yeti products and no I didn't get them through a NRA discount. Do you own guns? Are you a NRA member?
Posted By: trapperman222

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 02:53 PM

Than I just dropped Yeti.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 03:47 PM

Yeti, the premium cooler-maker synonymous with the outdoors and country music, was forced on Monday to defend its “unwavering belief and commitment” to the Second Amendment after widely read email from the National Rifle Association.

"All they (Yeti) said was they weren't offering the discount program any longer to the NRA and other organizations and a new program was in effect, the NRA took it negatively and ran with it," a commenter said.

10 pages of misunderstanding just because the NRA and other Organizations will no longer get a discount on Yeti products.

B

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:05 PM

No matter what is real or not no matter what was done and said a message was still sent to not screw with the outdoors folks or a price would need to be paid if they try to today. Look at their site we are not their main "target" audience they are trying to reach the millennials not their current base even Lil Stevie could see that! IMO

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: dublelung

Yes I own several Yeti products and no I didn't get them through a NRA discount. Do you own guns? Are you a NRA member?

Yes I own guns. Have my entire life. I was a NRA member for 30 years but chose not to renew my membership because of some of their decisions involving bonuses and "perks". You don't have to look too hard to see how they have become like MOST big business organizations. Constantly screaming they need money to "fight for us". They still manage to have plenty for salaries . No don't expect them to work for less than a comfortable wage, but really?? But the day they started giving OUR hard earned money to CAMPAIGNS for filthy rich politicians I was done with them. Cloak it under the premise that we need them in office to keep our guns !!!
I have also seen the scare tactics they love to use when lefty nuts get control of certain offices. I remember when Bill Clinton was elected "You will loose your gun" Raise your hand if anyone lost a gun during Clinton's years. Obama end of life as we know it if you hunt!!! Liberals had control of ALL 3 branches of Gov and we STILL kept our guns !!! How on earth did that happen???
Nope still got ALL my guns ! Even the ones I bought when I was 13 back in 1976.

With that said all the guys that like to tact out and roll around slinging lead down range out of 50 shot clips they may need to get nervous in todays climate. But as for me I got a feeling I'll still be carrying my old BDL bolt gun in the deer woods here in Ky as long as God sees fit for me to be able.

Jeff Byrd

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:51 PM

This may be an example of what I described as "scare tactics" LOL

It never ends with an organization that depends on "donation/memberships" to exist. The ex at NRA may be the ones running scared. May have to cancel some funded "trips" . But I'm done keep drinking the koolaid......

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:54 PM

Tiff...... laugh

a buy this product sellout.....hunt 360°.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:57 PM

Just making excused to do less and pay less while the other people pick up the tab! cry

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 04:59 PM

Be interesting to see the letter the NRA, QU, RMEF received.....and how it "reads".
One would think at little one on one communication over a NEW program and discontinuing a long standing program VS dropping a "letter in the mail" MAY have been of value??.......things that make you go hummmmmm.

Imagine, a phone call from Joey/Jenny at yeti to their "partners"......Jane/John at the NRA: "Hey, we're needing to update our programs. We have a new program/discount for you. We're also going to discontinue XYZ program as of XXXX date". LOL

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:01 PM

Somebody has to pay for the 'right'. Compromise isn't cheap. Haha.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:03 PM

Doing zero is though! laugh

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:07 PM

You and jbird should just go sit on your front porch and complain,it's free. Maybe throw in a few chants of "We will not comprimise" once and a while. The rest of us will continue fighting for our 2A rights.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Bristleback
Be interesting to see the letter the NRA, QU, RMEF received.....and how it "reads".
One would think at little one on one communication over a NEW program and discontinuing a long standing program VS dropping a "letter in the mail" MAY have been of value??.......things that make you go hummmmmm.

Imagine, a phone call from Joey/Jenny at yeti to their "partners"......Jane/John at the NRA: "Hey, we're needing to update our programs. We have a new program/discount for you. We're also going to discontinue XYZ program as of XXXX date". LOL

Nice thought but in this Email to Email world we have created there is no such thing as Person to Person anymore. Same as customer service, dead in the water.

B

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:09 PM

Maybe put in some music by that liberal, anti-gun, vegan freak you like...

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:13 PM

Wait...would that be compromising?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:18 PM

You and jbird should just go sit on your front porch and complain,it's free. Maybe throw in a few chants of "We will not comprimise" once and a while. The rest of us will continue fighting for our 2A rights.

Jbird better hope the anti's don't change their attack and go after bolt actions. He might give a flip then! lol

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:24 PM

I'm actually surprised some outdoorsmen would demagogue the two groups TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE for them STILL having guns today.

TWIST IT HOW EVER YOU WANT, THE ABOVE WRITING OF MINE IS 100% TRUE.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:50 PM

I knew that would trigger the gunflakes.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:51 PM

Like the saying I hear often; plant corn get corn...pay for compromise, get more compromise.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:54 PM

There's another saying that holds true,

"ya can't fix stupid".

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:54 PM

Is the NRA perfect? No. Are they the best chance we have of keeping the second ammendment intact in the way our founding fathers intended? Without question.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 05:56 PM

Only effort put into anything is criticizing the ones making the effort! LOL

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:00 PM

Except for the small fact of their history of drafting and supporting legislation that moved the 2nd amendment AWAY from what the founding fathers itended.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:03 PM

What is your effort? Let me guess: Sending money to Club Compromise and voting for the party that CURRENTLY has all the power to repeal existing federal gun laws but does nothing?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:06 PM

What is your effort? Let me guess: Sending money to Club Compromise and voting for the party that CURRENTLY has all the power to repeal existing federal gun laws but does nothing?

Whatever it is it's 100% more then yours for sure~ whistle Team zero

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:07 PM

Sorry for getting off the subject of pouting about what a privately owned over-priced cooler company is doing.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:08 PM

Except for the small fact of their history of drafting and supporting legislation that moved the 2nd amendment AWAY from what the founding fathers itended.

List the accomplishments of whoever you now support here.

If none, list what they have done to try.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:10 PM

If my goal is to repeal the National Firearms Act and it's subsidiary acts, it would be foolish to support an organization that supports those acts and in some instances drafted parts of them. But, if you do LIKE having a diluted 2nd amendment, than being a dues paying member makes a lot of sense.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:11 PM

SOOO, Nothing but WHINE?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:16 PM

Focus on the near impossible 1% while ignoring the workable 99% is just a easy way out like always!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:17 PM

"Wahhh, a cooler company did something to a club I belong to."

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:20 PM

Ts only impossible because of club compromise and the dead beat Republicans who milk constituents and club compromise of campaign re-election money while doing zero of anything worthwhile. Wonder how much Republican Scott got to take away guns from 18-21 year old floridians?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:20 PM

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:22 PM

I didn't say anything about the cooler company, just people attacking Republicans and the NRA. The two groups totally responsable for you haveing a gun in your house right now.

I also figured you'd try to change the subject from the question i asked you.

Don't worry tho, we'll carry the water until your fantasy comes true.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:23 PM

Ts only impossible because of club compromise and the dead beat Republicans who milk constituents and club compromise of campaign re-election money while doing zero of anything worthwhile. Wonder how much Republican Scott got to take away guns from 18-21 year old floridians?

Yep, there are bad ones, just like there are some outdoorsmen who don't try to help keep our ways alive.

Easy to focus on a issue that has not had time to even be challenged yet so again the 1% VS the 99% always the low hanging fruit!
Posted By: adam m

I don't have nra or yeti. Yesterday I saw an nra ad online that read "nra-join or lose your 2nd". That made me not to want join the nra. If I don't join I won't lose my 2nd.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:25 PM

My right to own and posses guns comes from God. Not the NRA or Republicans. Perhaps if you realized that and moved beyond your 2 foot vision we could beat back the government into what it's proper role is. That will never happen if you keep supporting compromise and do-nothings. Unless that is what you want?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:27 PM

God gave you guns? Jeesh, they're alot older than i thought! lol

You have a nice day Finn, i have a dog that makes better sense.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:28 PM

What Finn is saying about the NRA is true. They do compromise when they should have a zero tolerance policy. That's why I left them. With that said I am really impressed with Dana Loesch and the new NRA TV. I do not like that the NRA is intertwined with politicians and the goings on, but I am thinking of rejoining simply because it's no different than having two sucky candidates running for office and you must choose the lesser of the two evils. It stinks, yes, but what else is there???

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:29 PM

"Wahhh, a cooler company did something to a club I belong to."

NO, It appears the club you belong to has turned a situation around and used it in an attempt to rally for more members and there money. It's amazing that in reading as many articles that there are about this the NRA has not responded to Yeti's response/statement they made on Monday at least I have yet to find one. I'll keep looking.

B

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:30 PM

You have a good day too hippie. See if you can sharpen your wits practicing with the doggie aND come back on back and we'll try again.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:36 PM

What Finn is saying about the NRA is true. They do compromise when they should have a zero tolerance policy. That's why I left them. With that said I am really impressed with Dana Loesch and the new NRA TV. I do not like that the NRA is intertwined with politicians and the goings on, but I am thinking of rejoining simply because it's no different than having two sucky candidates running for office and you must choose the lesser of the two evils. It stinks, yes, but what else is there???

What he thinks is true, i agree!
But........That isn't reality, as your starting to see. You can lay down and throw a temper tantrum, vote for George Washington as a write-in but in the end, it comes down to the real candidates who are gonna be making the desisions. And that ain't gonna be the George Washington you wrote in or your temper tantrum you threw while doing it.

Sometime, a person just has to face REALITY. Sorry guys, but that's the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:39 PM

If more people supported them they wouldn't have to compromise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:42 PM

And your better alternative is...........

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 06:59 PM

I haven't been on here lately, so I don't know if anybody posted this without reading all the post which I don't have time to do today.

RTIC Coolers are reminding gunowners they support the right to bear arms.
Pelican Coolers will donate $10 to the NRA for every cooler they sell before the end of April.
Some gunowners have blown up their Yeti coolers. Saw a video. Pretty cool.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:02 PM

Had my conceal carry class this past weekend to renew my permit. The instructor encouraged all of us (39) to join the NRA. He said you may not agree with all that they do, but it's still the best thing out there going for us gun owners.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Trapper7

And your better alternative is...........

Pot head Gary the guy that had no clue where the world hotspot at the time was at! LOL Inept and clueless

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:24 PM

What's an Allepo? crazy

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:27 PM

I've noticed the last few days that some of the hunting shows that are sponsored by Yeti are doing everything they can to justify the decision Yeti made. They are all but calling the NRA liars in some cases. I guess they dont want to bite the hand that feeds them.....

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:30 PM

What's an Allepo? crazy

I swear that he's Jeff Spicoli grin

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:30 PM

I am not here to attempt to make you quit the compromise club, only to enlighten ye as to their past, and that repeal of the NFA isn't their priority. So, take it for what it's worth. If pumping cash into a political party of spineless greaseballs is your thing- carry on!
The 4th of July is coming up in a few months, it'll be a fine time to watch freedom lovers shoot off fireworks as you contemplate why it is you continue to support a government filled with greaseballs that you helped elect. Also contemplate how much more fun it would be to celebrate freedom and independence with a long rip off a belt fed machine gun that you ordered through the mail instead of looking over your shoulder to see if the popo is coming to take away your bottle rockets.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:32 PM

I am not here to attempt to make you quit the compromise club, only to enlighten ye as to their past, and that repeal of the NFA isn't their priority. So, take it for what it's worth. If pumping cash into a political party of spineless greaseballs is your thing- carry on!
The 4th of July is coming up in a few months, it'll be a fine time to watch freedom lovers shoot off fireworks as you contemplate why it is you continue to support a government filled with greaseballs that you helped elect. Also contemplate how much more fun it would be to celebrate freedom and independence with a long rip off a belt fed machine gun that you ordered through the mail instead of looking over your shoulder to see if the popo is coming to take away your bottle rockets.

So what should we be doing?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:34 PM

I'll take a wild gues, because i don't follow hunting shows and stuff on tv.

I can believe they offered a different package to the NRA, but i also cam believe the new package is less than before.

They may have been covering all the bases, being able to say the dropped sponcering the NRA to appease the leftists while also offering a smaller, different package to the NRA.

Likw i said, i don't know what went down, and wasn't my reason for posting here.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:36 PM

What's an Allepo? crazy

The platform of the Libertarian Party explicitly calls for ending the ATF agency. The Republican Mish Mouthed platform rambles on about law abiding this, reciprocity for permits that, blah blah blah. I am not trying to entice you to change party, as I doubt you would like to see the amount of freedom that we're after.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:36 PM

That exact question has been asked of him many, many times, with the same results you've seen just a few posts above.

Right now, we have no better way to defend ourselves, period!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:37 PM

What's an Allepo? crazy

The platform of the Libertarian Party explicitly calls for ending the ATF agency. The Republican Mish Mouthed platform rambles on about law abiding this, reciprocity for permits that, blah blah blah. I am not trying to entice you to change party, as I doubt you would like to see the amount of freedom that we're after.

Really?
Then what are all your negative posts to mean? Throw a temper tantrum and expect results?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:38 PM

Figure it out for yourself, become an apostle of freedom in your own way.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:39 PM

I don't make negative posts. I make posts that do not align with your way of thinking. It seems to bother you so whenever I bring up compromise or give a little history lesson.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:44 PM

Did you ever think that maybe joining us would help us (give us the numbers needed) to not have to comprimise?

That one Liberterian from Minn>? i think you endorsed changed to Republican to have a chance of winning. You bailed on that thread as soon as i posted about him switching parties.

No Finn, i have you figured right.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:45 PM

I don't make negative posts. I make posts that do not align with your way of thinking. It seems to bother you so whenever I bring up compromise or give a little history lesson.

It doesn't bother me, heck I feel the same way. I just thought that as committed as you are to posting on these kind of threads, you had insight to a better way, a plan. But I see that's not the case, no worries.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:45 PM

I thought you were going to talk to your mutt?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:49 PM

Your goals are the same as mine, you just don't have a snow-balls chance the way your going about it.

We fought the Civil War by going head-long into the fire, stopping bullets with bodies, but since then we learned better.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 07:52 PM

Getting ahead would require a positive outlook and work it's just easier to sit back a tear it all down!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 08:03 PM

Lawfog you sure do a lot of whining about positivity.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 08:04 PM

You haven't posted a positivity meme in a few pages Lawfog, might be a good time to paste one up.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 08:07 PM

For what it's worth...
Last year the NRA had a firearm sweepstakes drawing - send X dollars and be entered into this package and so on... the more you contribute, the more guns you might win. There was no information about when the drawing would take place, so I sent them 20 bucks and an email asking the date of the drawing. No reply. Soooo... I sent another email asking the date of the drawing - same.... no reply.

I switched my support to Gun Owners of America.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 09:27 PM

Me being called out for complaining on a thread that is complaining about a club that is complaining that someone decided they didn't want to hear their complaining...

Yep sounds like America !!!

Oh yes PLEASE explain to me what YOU DID today to fight for MY 2nd amd rights. I hear this bull until I'm sick of it. I dare to state why I didn't rejoin. NOTICE I didn't say I have never been apart of the NRA but rather didn't re-up. The whole bunch is self motivated money grabbing back scratching crooks. They are in it for their own gain and no matter how many stand and say they are not just let the money dry up and see what happens....

PLUS talk about "we will not compromise" that is the first line in the oath to the NRA !!!!!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 09:42 PM

Here ya go skippy one of the few people upset by a positive outlook but that is the road you prefer everyday!

Posted By: Lazarus

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 10:02 PM

Maybe I'm a simpleton but it seems to me that someone could pick up the phone and call the other party before the change in policy to clear the air with the NRA if it really was a benign change in policy by Yeti. And it seems like the NRA could call Yeti and confirm the reason for the change. Instead, it looks like the nuclear option was employed immediately.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 10:46 PM

I know as much as you do and that is not much. I find it hard to believe that people that worked together for years could be that far off on their interoperations of a simple agreement structure.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 11:02 PM

So, maybe I'm confused, again, but it looks like Yeti purposely let it look like they were going anti gun so as to attract a new lot of consumers ( the anti-gunners) and once the word got out and the impression grew they said , just to the gun crowd not to the antis, "hey this was all a miscommunication, we didn't mean it that way" ; in the end they sell stuff to both groups?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 11:32 PM

I think your post is pretty close to the truth tjm.
Posted By: Hupurest

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/24/18 11:55 PM

9 pages of non-sense??

ex-nra person pens a ignorant or purposeful misstatement, people against fake news, frantically share fake news, and have false outrage over nothing.....

what snowflakes.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/25/18 12:02 AM

Outdoors people/workers use coolers wine party folks not so much you would think. It seems a audience that needs would trump a one that might want the product over time. Time will tell they will lose customers the already had in the hopes of getting the ones they don't seems like a poor choice.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/25/18 01:00 AM

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...r-company-logo/

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/25/18 02:19 AM

Saw that ^^^ sounded like their (yeti folks) statement was a bunch of hogwash back stepping after some back stabbing.

J

Seems to have calmed down today - stories over time to move on - lol
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/25/18 03:06 AM

Why doesn't one side or the other release their actual communications. That would flush out the real truth.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/25/18 10:59 AM

Well been gone for 3 days out of network range, wow, there's an hour I'll never get back. I thought from the get go that the NRA
responded wrongly as to the perks Yeti was giving, it was rather clear to me. However, like a lot of things everyone jumped at the
chance to bash them as they no longer support the 2nd amendment, WHAT? I get Yeti emails occasionally and they are sportsman oriented
100%. They went out to set the record straight and correct the NRA misunderstanding and bam, they are in damage control and lying just because they thought their bottom line was hurt, come on man, how about they are a great company and just wanted to protect their reputation? My son contacted them 3 years ago about sponsoring his college fishing team and they sent a cooler packed with tee's and trinkets
for them to sell tickets or raffle off. I own many of their quality products, over priced, maybe but if you can easily afford it then
you are free to spend your money how you wish. I love their products and they'll be around longer than I will.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/25/18 01:10 PM

Pelican cooler says they will donate 10$ to NRA for every cooler bought in April? And you get a free 22 oz tumbler
Posted By: Hupurest

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/25/18 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Tactical.20
Pelican cooler says they will donate 10$ to NRA for every cooler bought in April? And you get a free 22 oz tumbler

I own both brands and have the pelican cooler and tumblers.

The pelican is not near the quality as the yeti. It doesn’t keep things hot or cold gal as long as the yeti does.

The tumblers are at the back of the cupboard because they suck.

Pelican is a waste of money when you could get a yeti

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/25/18 09:16 PM

The Alaskan yup pie has spoke
Posted By: dogdown

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 12:51 AM

Orca coolers

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 01:10 AM

An ice run to town has lead to many memorable times . Screw all those overpriced ice holders
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 02:14 AM

I see where people are selling off their yetis and donating the money to the nra.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 02:35 AM

Good to know, I don't think they are cheap either, sounds like for the money the Coleman is good enough
Posted By: NebrCatMan

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 03:09 AM

I was out west on a rocky mountain elk hunt when we had some other hunters stop in camp to say hi! They saw my old deep freezer that I use converted to a cooler when we go out west. They kinda snickered at it and told me about their high dollar Yetis. Told me how it keeps everything so cold for so long. I just chuckled a bit after they left cause I know my old freezers turned into a coolers keep ice inside for 10 days while elk hunting and when I get back to Nebraska the big blocks of ice will still be ice in a couple weeks after we get back home. Yetis are just too high priced for a plain old country boy like me. I think they made a bad decision with this NRA thing, but I would have never bought one anyway!!
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: corky

x2

Me too
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 09:48 AM

yeti coolers are built to last and will keep stuff cold or hot a long time. you can get the same quality of construction and insulation though for lees than half the cost of yeti. you wont be as cool though if you want to spend less money.

nra said yeti was supporting pelosi's version of gun control instead of the nra's version because yeti wanted to stop giving away coolers for nra membership promotions. they were not supporting Hillary just removing some nra freebies.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 03:34 PM

Check out the other post on here about Bison Coolers supporting trapping. That's the cooler I'm buying this summer.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 03:40 PM

I think bison sales will go way up
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 03:55 PM

Not much for dealerships in Wisconsin, though I see they offer free shipping.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 04:41 PM

NRA is accusing yeti for flat out lying about dropping the nra.

According to the nra yeti refused orders of coolers the nra was trying to purchase from them.

I don't see it being a benefit for the nra to start trouble without cause so I take their side.

Yeti is typical corporate acting without regards to customers. They can scream all they want on convincing us they believe in the 2nd amendment as I don't believe them.

They can have the yuppie consumers and real outdoorsman will buy others that are loyal.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 07:00 PM

NRA is accusing yeti for flat out lying about dropping the nra.

According to the nra yeti refused orders of coolers the nra was trying to purchase from them.

I don't see it being a benefit for the nra to start trouble without cause so I take their side.

Yeti is typical corporate acting without regards to customers. They can scream all they want on convincing us they believe in the 2nd amendment as I don't believe them.

They can have the yuppie consumers and real outdoorsman will buy others that are loyal.

NRA: Yeti, we'd like to order 50 of your $400 coolers and 200 of your $30 tumblers
Yeti: Nope, outdoorsman are our biggest market but we don't agree with what you do

OK!! I guess I'm a 52 year old yuppie, been called worse?
Sometimes you gotta fly the BS flag when it needs flown

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 07:22 PM

Well if you go and do some research you will find the Yeti did not drop the NRA, they (the NRA) were simply told that along with other companies the NRA would no longer receive volume discounts as they have in the past. The NRA released its version of what happened and Yeti responded. I posted the article that was made public a few pages back. The NRA has yet to respond to Yeti's release. Why I do not know.

I think both Yeti and the NRA are taking a lot of back lash for no reason.

Agree----disagree it is what it is!!!

B

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 07:55 PM

When yeti comes out with the AR-15 commentary series cooler I will believe them.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Diggerman
When yeti comes out with the AR-15 commentary series cooler I will believe them.

X2!
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 08:00 PM

Yeti caved to the progressive, anti-gun, left wing nuts...

After airlines, rental car agencies and other companies cut ties with the National Rifle Association, popular cooler maker Yeti has joined the list.

I am joining the list of "Deplorables" who will never buy a yeti product...

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 10:29 PM

So why did YETI tell the NRA that they did not want their logo in the NRA advertising?? Just saying . Taking my Yeti tumblers to the range next weekend. Keeping my drinks cold while i am there with Ozark Trail.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 10:38 PM

Scuba , how do you like the Ozark trail cooler ? Looks great for the price

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 11:16 PM

Aint much of a difference as far as I can tell. Dollar for dollar anyway. The ozark trail and Yeti tumblers are exactly the same. The lid is interchangeable and no difference in time as far as keeping ice goes. I have tried it.
The thing about the coolers is that for the money, I cannot a way bigger cooler from OT that holds more ice / food from the get go. Thus keeping it longer because more mass.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 11:28 PM

X2!

Did You Mean Commemorative Series ?

w

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/26/18 11:34 PM

I think the spell check got him on that one wink
Posted By: dogdown

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 12:35 AM

Well if you go and do some research you will find the Yeti did not drop the NRA, they (the NRA) were simply told that along with other companies the NRA would no longer receive volume discounts as they have in the past. The NRA released its version of what happened and Yeti responded. I posted the article that was made public a few pages back. The NRA has yet to respond to Yeti's release. Why I do not know.

I think both Yeti and the NRA are taking a lot of back lash for no reason.

Agree----disagree it is what it is!!!

B
NRA did make a counter statement to Yeti yesterday, available for viewing on Guns.com

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 02:33 AM

Yeah, congrats walleyed your the hero grammar Nazi again. Kudos for you for knowing what someone said but insist on correcting them so you feel you come out as smart, Hooray!!

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 02:36 AM

Boy do I feel stewpid.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 02:37 AM

Boy do I feel stewpid.

Me two

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 02:39 AM

I read it how he meant it and didn't even notice the misspelling .......lol
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 04:26 AM

Yeah, congrats walleyed your the hero grammar Nazi again. Kudos for you for knowing what someone said but insist on correcting them so you feel you come out as smart, Hooray!!

Ahh, No Catch.

That Would Be The SPELLING NAZI , Thank You Very Much. smile

There's No Hope For Your Grammar, Either !!! laugh

Carry On.

w

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: walleyed

Ahh, No Catch.

Carry On.

w

Continue adding wisdom, in your eyes at least lol.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: walleyed

Ahh, No Catch.

Carry On.

w
Sorry to hear about your Grammer, is your grampa OK?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/27/18 12:28 PM

Boy do I feel stewpid.

Me two

Thats funny right their
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/29/18 02:00 AM

Don’t worry guys the Friends of NRA banquet & Auction is only $50 per person.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/29/18 02:17 AM

Funny really

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/29/18 04:29 AM

O-my-gawd. Her butt. Itzo big. She doesn't like the same thing's I do. GA Rose.
Maybe yeti doesn't like compromisers. Anyone tickled that wart yet?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/29/18 04:41 AM

I'm in the sauna for another 20 minutes, otherwise catch me later.

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/29/18 04:42 AM

What you smokin tonight , Fly ?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/29/18 04:50 AM

Mostly old pine that fell, in the sauna stove. IM smoking Marlboro reds, here in a cool off period. What are you smoking luv?

Re: Yeti Coolers drop NRA - 04/29/18 04:55 AM

Well, back in the heat again.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums