Home

notherns are running

Posted By: BFP

notherns are running - 04/23/18 09:16 PM

There is a small creek about 2 miles from us that the northerns are running in. There are hundreds of them. The biggest I seen was about 15lbs or so. They are so thick you can scoop them up with net. I'm not much of a fish eater so I don't bother them, but they are fun to watch.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: notherns are running - 04/23/18 09:28 PM

good to eat if ya get y bones out
Posted By: snowy

Re: notherns are running - 04/24/18 01:53 AM

WOW! Northern are very good eating fish. As far as bones if you don't know how to filet them go watch a few YouTube videos.

I wish I lived there I would catch a few for eating.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: notherns are running - 04/24/18 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: snowy
WOW! Northern are very good eating fish. As far as bones if you don't know how to filet them go watch a few YouTube videos.

I wish I lived there I would catch a few for eating.

Agreed, once you figure out the Y bones, they are great to eat. And just as fun to catch. One of, if not my very favorite fish to catch.

Re: notherns are running - 04/24/18 02:07 AM

^ absolutely fun to catch. LOL
Posted By: tlguy

Re: notherns are running - 04/24/18 02:50 AM

My favorite fish to catch as well. Good eating too when you know how to clean them. I like them breaded and fried and pickled.
Posted By: mskrtman

Re: notherns are running - 04/24/18 03:05 AM

Hey Snowy, You should move to Minnesota, You can catch all you want for eating!

Re: notherns are running - 04/24/18 03:15 AM

You have a great hunting/fishing state but to many people for me. LOL Your state has it all no reason to leave it to hunt for any place else.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: notherns are running - 04/24/18 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: snowy
You have a great hunting/fishing state but to many people for me. LOL Your state has it all no reason to leave it to hunt for any place else.

Liberal nut bags abound !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums