Home

nafa

Posted By: curtisd

nafa - 05/04/18 02:02 AM

am I being to anxious or what?

I sent some good fur up for the may sale. haven't seen it received.

what I sent was hand picked in each species so I can actually tell how put up and fur quality is actually graded
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 02:17 AM

Wait till the auction starts to be concerned. Until then, things come up in drips.
Posted By: Savell

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 02:22 AM

....in my experience, your fur will be there and on the auction
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 04:25 AM

Inspection starts on May 10. Catalogs and grades should be posted by then. Less than a week. Hang in there!!

If you check your account on line, it should show that your pelts were received. IF they don't show, it may be they arrived too late for the May sale.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 05:17 AM

When did you send the fur to NAFA?
Posted By: pass-thru

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 05:39 AM

My agent did a pickup 6 weeks ago. Still not showing on the account so I called him yesterday. He did not get it up there in time for this auction so it will be July. Not real thrilled about that.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 07:13 AM

pass-thru - I would be less than thrilled to have my fur on the July sale when I thought it was going to be on the May sale. Big difference in those 2 sales.

Did the agent tell you it would be on the May sale? Usually their pickup routes are planned to get the fur on the next sale.
Posted By: Hancock

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 10:20 AM

In pretty sure mine didn't make it either that could be why my account isn't showing anything either.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 10:45 AM

Been a few stories passed around of agents switching fur before it gets to WI. I think some of them are the result of the trapper not being able to put up/grade fur. Sounds a bit shady to me that fur would not get to the sale on time.

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 10:53 AM

Originally Posted By: pass-thru
My agent did a pickup 6 weeks ago. Still not showing on the account so I called him yesterday. He did not get it up there in time for this auction so it will be July. Not real thrilled about that.

6 weeks ago is well past the LRD for the may sale.
Posted By: Btoutdoors

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 12:21 PM

My stuff was picked up here in Texas five days after the last receiving date. They showed up in time for the May sale. Last year mine went on the July sale though.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 01:03 PM

Not sure which route you were on but I know the Southern VA and north eastern NC routes were well after the LRDs for the May sale. My stuff will be on the July sale just like it was last year. Just the nature of the beast in the south unless you want to pay to ship it direct.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 01:34 PM

I was told mine would be in the May sale also, when I dropped it off. There is still no count that shows in my account . I called the depot guy and talk to him and he told me the Nafa had sent a truck a week after the pickup was and that everything went to be in the May sale . But when I call nafa and talk to them they tell me the July sale. I know the nafa guy told our pickup guy that he would send a truck to make sure it got on there . I thinking it will show up in my account in a few days hopefully.
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 01:51 PM

Mine has been recieved and drummed. But not graded, I would expect to see lotting letters after the 14th. Mine better be in the May sale.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: curtisd
am I being to anxious or what?

I sent some good fur up for the may sale. haven't seen it received.

what I sent was hand picked in each species so I can actually tell how put up and fur quality is actually graded

Have you called them???? You have your receipt when they picked them up, I'm sure they could answer all your questions instead of all the speculation that everyone is doing here.
Just call them!

B
Posted By: PaulB

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 04:36 PM

We sent ours in February,,,just showed up yesterday under current season receipts
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 04:53 PM

No worries here. All I have is a dozen 3XL-XXL *1 left over from the March auction.
Posted By: TrapperCarl78

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 07:26 PM

I gave my fur to the agent here in MS on Feb. 24. The fur showed received on March 23. My "skin count" is showing online and looks like ill be in the May auction. Not that it matters though I'm sure my southern scab yellow leg coon will be bought for a dollar in May or July either way.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: nafa - 05/04/18 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael Morris
Mine has been recieved and drummed. But not graded, I would expect to see lotting letters after the 14th. Mine better be in the May sale.

OR WHAT ? laugh LOL

w
Posted By: strike2x

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 12:02 AM

I love the suspense. I have only been sending fur for 5 years but have always had all my fur go through no problem. If you want to control how or when your fur sells you have to take it somewhere and deal with it yourself and I venture to guess you will do no better than just sending it in go NAFA and relax til you get your money.
Posted By: redfoxtrap2008

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 01:14 AM

None of Jimmy Childress route will make the May auction this year and yes it's a really bad deal. So complain to Nafa and maybe it will be better next year..It is not Jimmys fault he did all he could to make it happen but Nafa did not listen same thing happened last year only a few people did get on the May sale pretty sure it won't this year

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 01:22 AM

I do hope I'm wrong but that's what I was told
Posted By: curtisd

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 01:29 AM

hope your wrong too.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 01:34 AM

I talked to Jimmy the other day. He told me next year's pickup will be earlier than this year that way we would make the May sale. When I called nafa the other day I left a message but no one has called yet, but I'm not surprise about that.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 02:30 AM

I also emailed Brian still no response either,I have yet to figure out how having our fur on a cleanup sale is helping anyone but what do I know.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 02:43 AM

How far south are you KY guys? There's two pickups usually about 1.5 hrs north of maysville ky in Ohio that can get you on the earlier sales.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 02:56 AM

your right but most everyone thought that they were gonna make the May sale from this route even the agent thought so till it was too late.Not good business by Nafa in my opinion.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 03:02 AM

The July sale itself was a terrible idea.sorry about the rant.But these people playing games ticks me off a bit
Posted By: Dirt

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: redfoxtrap2008
The July sale itself was a terrible idea.sorry about the rant.But these people playing games ticks me off a bit

Back of the line!

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 03:27 AM

your right but most everyone thought that they were gonna make the May sale from this route even the agent thought so till it was too late.Not good business by Nafa in my opinion.

I would take it up with the agent as I think they for the most part set up the pickup schedules. My agents route paper says the fur had to at NAFA March 12

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 03:48 AM

They manipulate dates to suit some people there will be fur picked up after the cutoff date that will make the May sale I promise.It wasn't the agent in our case I am positive
Posted By: Nodak63

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 04:02 AM

Well this is the first time I’ve ever put up/shipped fur to NAFA. I’m excited but this thread has got me worried. Is the July sale always that much worse than the earlier sales? I could’ve easily frozen and save my furs till the first sale in the falll if that was the case.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 04:20 AM

if you are in north Dakota I would think you'll be fine did you send coyote if so you will do good .lol
Posted By: Nodak63

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 12:34 PM

Yes red fox, I sent mostly coyote and a few raccoon. All taken during the winter, I just didn’t get em put up in time for earlier sales. My first year putting up fur so I was learning and getting everything in order on the go.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 02:17 PM

They manipulate dates to suit some people there will be fur picked up after the cutoff date that will make the May sale I promise.It wasn't the agent in our case I am positive

That's true to a point. I live 10 min from NAFA and In this area we get close to a week after the published last receiving date. It's not a personal thing It's a regional thing. Most of us are walk Ins so their not dealing with their pick up agents.

The only fur graded at NAFA Stoughton are muskrats. Every thing else goes to Canada to get graded. That may change In a few years when wild fur moves Into the larger facility.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 02:53 PM

I am not a Nafa basher,just very unhappy with changing to a July sale they knew our pickups were scheduled for a later date than needed for the May sale and if he changes the route to fit the schedule the majority of our fur won't be ready to ship thus we wait a year on it.The changes in sale dates and the receiving dates are killer on us

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 02:55 PM

They dropped the ball for sure.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 02:56 PM

It's going to get worse as they appear to planning on less pickup locations at least in part of the country

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 03:01 PM

It's a long time till next trapping season.
Posted By: Boco

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 03:14 PM

That never happens here.The truck is always on the date scheduled for the sale scheduled.
Most small towns that the truck runs thru also has a drop off at one of the local councils trappers garage where fur can be dropped off in advance of the fur pick up.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 04:02 PM

I don't have a problem with Jimmy running a earlier route . If that's what it takes to get in the May sale then that's what has to be done. We will just have to put the fur up as we go through the season and maybe just cut our season short by a week. Normally by then I'm just trapping beaver in a few swamps that duck hunter have been in during the season.

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Boco
That never happens here.The truck is always on the date scheduled for the sale scheduled.

Yes Sir,

Everything Is Ice Cream And Rainbow Colored Uni-Corns Up In BOCO'S Canadian Utopia !!! laugh

LOL !!!

w
Posted By: Boco

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 05:25 PM

Poor organization south of the border,Walleyed.I don't know anything about rainbows,but I have been shipping to auction for over 30 years and have never had fur miss the sale it was shipped for,for either auction house.
It is not hard to make and keep a schedule.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 05:41 PM

I've seen poor organization north of the border. frown

Re: nafa - 05/05/18 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Boco
I have been shipping to auction for over 30 years and have never had fur miss the sale it was shipped for,for either auction house.

I Started Shipping My Fur Myself, By Bus, To The Ontario Trapper's Association Auction In North Bay To Alex Sheiff In 1977 and Later To FHA and Dominion-Soudak.

Never Had Any Shipping Problems Whatsoever With Those Outfits.

On The Other Hand, NAFA Is The Red-Headed Step-Child Of Shipping Abortions & Debacles.

All In My Opinion, Of Course. laugh

w
© 2024 Trapperman Forums