Home

Bill Dance

Posted By: pcr2

Bill Dance - 05/13/18 02:52 PM

Dang fool just run the treble of a jitterbug through his hand.i wouldn't get in the boat with the guy cause i swear i've saw him get hurt 40 times on camera.

Man do i miss ol Jerry McGinnis.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 03:49 PM

One of the few who admits to making mistakes and shows 'em on video. I applaud the fella. I'd love to fish with that guy.

Sure beats watching all the chest pounders catching fish after fish while leaving the viewer scratching his head as to why the water surface conditions seem to change so radically in between casts.

grin
Posted By: SwampRat83

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 03:53 PM

Always enjoyed his fishing shows. I think it'd be a blast fishing with him and i'm sure he'd have some great stories. If I had to choose one professional angler to fish with it'd either be Al Linder or Gary Roach, fishing for walleyes.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 03:57 PM

I fished with Al Linder. It was a eye opening experience.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 04:29 PM

I think most reality show hosts get hurt and experience problems because people enjoy seeing it. I used to think the Crocodile Hunter was a complete idiot for being bit by snakes and lizards, he could of easily safely handled, when I realised he was getting bit on purpose, by animals he knew could do no real harm, to keep his audience enthralled.

Unless he was suicidal though, Steve Irwin did obviously misjudge the danger level of the stingray that took him out.

Keith

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: The Beav

Ear opening too I imagine.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 04:52 PM

I always enjoyed Bill Dance. He got to fish a lot of small private lakes I think.

I bet some of the bloopers are staged, except the ones where the camera goes in the drink.

Pete
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 04:53 PM

LOL

My buddy was a pilot for Ray A Vac. Ray A Vac had something to do with Lindy Little Joe tackle. They would fly Customers to Brainerd for meetings. I got to fly along and my buddy and I would go fishing with Al and be back In Madison by dinner time. When Al's boat left the dock we had all kinds of followers. LOL

Several times we fished out of Als boat with out him and we still had those followers.

The good old days.
Posted By: Huntall76

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 07:04 PM

Grew up watching his fishing show. One of my favorite lures for bass when i was a kid was his dancing eel.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 07:33 PM

Quote:
Dang fool just run the treble of a jitterbug through his hand

Did he dance?

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 07:41 PM

he called it some kinda bugger not appropriate for tv i assume.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 08:18 PM

Always liked Dance. Linder annoyed me but heard he wasn't as hyped in real life. Decaf...decaf.

Can't watch todays fishing shows. Seems they all act like they are on meth freaking out.

Saw one today that was sponsored by Johnsonville Brats....so of course after every fish the guy would stick a brat in his mouth. What garbage.
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 08:31 PM

I think it was 1977. I ate breakfast and fished with Bill Dance on Horseshoe lake. He was a great down to earth fellow. And just to clear the water, we ate at different tables and fished in different boats but we did talk at breakfast and while launching the boats and we both came in at the same time. I had more fish. I don't let a lot go. I was not dumb enough to ask how many he caught, I could just relish the thought I caught more.
Joking aside I think he is a great feller who just has fun and makes a living do so. Just like me!
Posted By: Steven Trosper

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 10:21 PM

I have not watched any of those stupid fishing shows for about 7 years. Got tired of the dim-wits giggling every time they caught a fish. What is so funny about catching a fish? Then one of those yahoos would kiss the fish before throwing it back into the water. What a total loser!!
Posted By: Nostalgia

Re: Bill Dance - 05/13/18 10:56 PM

Al Lindner is the best of the best
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 11:20 AM

I fished with a pro once. He's a guide now after a boating accident. I did it to learn something and it was a very eye opening.

He's probably forgotten more about bass fishing than I will ever know. It was a very unique and interesting experience.

Biggest fish of the day was out in the middle of the lake fishing off of the bottom. Who bass fishes in the slap middle of the lake?

I wish I knew all those tricks. When Im back in the area I'm sure I'll go out with him again and try to learn some more.

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 11:24 AM

anybody that hasn't watched his blooper dvd is flat out missing a tear jerker.may be why i am a fan.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Muskrat

Ear opening too I imagine.

Guess you don't know Al Linder. He doesn't talk much. Listens a lot.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 11:42 AM

LOL

My buddy was a pilot for Ray A Vac. Ray A Vac had something to do with Lindy Little Joe tackle. They would fly Customers to Brainerd for meetings. I got to fly along and my buddy and I would go fishing with Al and be back In Madison by dinner time. When Al's boat left the dock we had all kinds of followers. LOL

Several times we fished out of Als boat with out him and we still had those followers.

The good old days.

Roy O Vac owned Lindy Little Joe Tackle more many years. It was then sold to a group of investors from Brainerd, several of which I know personally. About ten years ago it was bought by Pradco.

Al attracts more attention away from home than he does here in Brainerd. He's the classiest guy you can imagine. If anyone followed him it's probably because he invited them.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 12:38 PM

some of these guys are showmen just like buffalo bill cody,some are really good,some arent. Some are just showmen.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 12:39 PM

some of these guys are showmen just like buffalo bill cody,some are really good,some arent. Some are just showmen. Not just talking fishing. As a matter of fact Im talking less of fishing than other outdoor sports.

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BernieB.
Guess you don't know Al Linder. He doesn't talk much. Listens a lot.

You're right. I don't know him at all.

I only know him from watching him on TV a couple of times years ago, and the man could definitely explain things in detail.

Come to think of it, I don't recall any fishing show where the fellas fishing just fished and listened to the sounds of nature.

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 12:50 PM

watched Al yesterday morning and got my sermon from him at the end of the show as usual.nobody remembers McGinnis and the fishin hole with the little doxen runnin around??
Posted By: canebrake

Re: Bill Dance - 05/14/18 10:38 PM

The theme song is the best part of Bill Dance's show. Not sure why but I've always loved that song!
Posted By: ringtailtrapper

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 12:32 AM

Virgil Ward was the man. grin

RTT
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 12:37 AM

I like Bill but its kind of annoying how he drags the bass back and forth along the boat with its head out of the water til it jumps a few extra times for the camera. I still laugh each time I see him run into the trailer hitch on his truck. lol
Posted By: yask65

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 12:43 AM

back in the 80's my dad met jimmy houston and he was a complete jerk

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 12:44 AM

i can't take his cackle.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 01:11 AM

He's a Tennessee fan so he has to be a good man. Lol
Posted By: charles

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 01:13 AM

I bass fished with Roland Martin in May 1970. Guide fee was $35 plus fuel and tackle. We fished Santee Cooper in SC.
Posted By: SwampRat83

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Steven Trosper
I have not watched any of those stupid fishing shows for about 7 years. Got tired of the dim-wits giggling every time they caught a fish. What is so funny about catching a fish? Then one of those yahoos would kiss the fish before throwing it back into the water. What a total loser!!

Boy, you seem like a ball of fun..
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: yask65
back in the 80's my dad met jimmy houston and he was a complete jerk

Originally Posted By: pcr2
i can't take his cackle.

I always found him annoying as well. He was the reason I got my idiot brother-in-law to start kissing every nice bass he ever caught though...so there's that...
Posted By: Killbuck

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 12:32 PM

It was all down hill when Gaddabout Gadis went off the air!
Posted By: Animals Only

Re: Bill Dance - 05/15/18 03:36 PM

Been watching his bloopers on youtube. Never laughed so hard. Great stuff.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums