Home

Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois

Posted By: Tweed

Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 03:22 PM

I always figured it was just some friendly joshing much like southerns vs Yankees here. Today I was on Halford's site and noticed a contest. Part of the rules were that you had to be a Canadian resident but Quebec was excluded.

Taking this regional rivalry to a whole new level. lol
Posted By: hippie

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 03:33 PM

I always figured it was because of the liberals.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 03:49 PM

Its because they dont embrace the rest of Canada, always trying to push their agenda on us
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 03:59 PM

Y'all should just let the free Quebecers secede.
Posted By: muskrat411

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 04:34 PM

Its probably a legislation thing. The laws in Quebec are different based on French law not English (the colonial powers, not the languages). So the contest is probably prohibited there maybe because it is not in French and non compliant with bill 101 in Quebec. Quebec is part of Canada and good citizens of the Queen. Remember how they won the war of 1812??

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: muskrat411
Quebec is part of Canada and good citizens of the Queen. Remember how they won the war of 1812??

Careful you might trigger some of us down here, reminding them they got beat back by some French.
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 04:46 PM

The queen should just give the whole country back to the Indians like she did when she gave Northwest Territories and turned into Nunavut.

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
The queen should just give the whole country back to the Indians like she did when she gave Northwest Territories and turned into Nunavut.

Careful what you wish for.....you might get a flood of Manitobans coming over the border into MN.
Posted By: Fergustrap 2

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 05:06 PM

the quebec is french and possibly that harford not be able to speak french well, but also it can be that they are afraid to hurt the pride of some trappers with images of goods french canadian trappers...lol anyway pic contest have really no value IMO
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Tweed
Originally Posted By: muskrat411
Quebec is part of Canada and good citizens of the Queen. Remember how they won the war of 1812??

Careful you might trigger some of us down here, reminding them they got beat back by some French.

The French peaked with Napoleon... Downhill ever since.

Mike
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 05:29 PM

Its because they say KEE-beck instead of Kwuh-beck
Posted By: YOTEBOY

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 06:21 PM

Quebeccers bring on a lot hate towards themselves. I’m in the pipe trades. They can come and work in our jurisdictions when they have no work at home but they don’t allow others to work in Quebec. It causes a lot hate towards them on work sites .
Posted By: Hal

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 07:45 PM

And they talk funny too.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 09:43 PM

I have travel in Canada a few times maybe 12 times the only people we met that were bad, mean, not nice at all was the people in Quebec my wife will never go back to quebec
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
Its because they say KEE-beck instead of Kwuh-beck

I though it was "Kaybeck"?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/15/18 11:40 PM

I never had any problems with the French,in fact the French women were/are extremely friendly.
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 12:30 AM

I as well have found the French girls real friendly boco.

That said, the real reason we don't like them is because they act like Americans!!

laugh
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 12:47 AM

they may not even be bad people but they all start off angry they have to speak English to you. I can't really understand why it took them like 3 minutes to say what ever it was they said in French before I asked if I could speak with Renee' in English.

I suppose they could buy french products but how would they get service , the french don't have to answer their phones after 5 or while at lunch so what are you supposed to do the other 17 hours of the day if something breaks.
Posted By: Fergustrap 2

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 01:16 AM

I never had any problem with English girl too, even i married with one from Windsor Ontario and have 2 honey kids with her, but city girls cannot really understand a lifestyle of wilderness trapper from north of Quebec.Hey Hammer-ik-ken from You-s-hey please learn to write the right word...
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Boco
I never had any problems with the French,in fact the French women were/are extremely friendly.

If ya don't mind hairy and smelly armpits!
Posted By: Zim

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 01:23 AM

I have never had any difficulty communicating with any of our Canadian neighbors. Well, I will add that conversing with the folks from Newfoundland can be a solemn occasion, but other than that I enjoy the challenge. The majority of them speak correctly, just like us folks from Wisconsin.

Zim
Posted By: Boco

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 01:42 AM

Seen German women with hairy legs and armpits but never a French Canadian girl.
I think that's a mainland European thing.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 01:55 AM

The best strip joints in the world are in Quebec.
At least in as much of the world as I've seen.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
Originally Posted By: Boco

If ya don't mind hairy and smelly armpits!

The few women I have met from Quebec had hairy legs too. They were fun to dance with, though some did have some BO too. In my limited experience, Canadians from the English speaking regions of Canada are more friendly and polite than the ones from Quebec. A lot of people have told me that I have a Canadian accent, so maybe English speaking Canadians like the way I sound. I learned to talk, while living in Michigan.

Keith
Posted By: mole

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 09:29 AM

I have been to Montreal many times. always a treat.

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 12:57 PM

So some guys are upset that they went to a foreign country that speaks a different language and expected them to speak your language and are surprised they didn't get the warmest response? Lol

Ive never been to Quebec but its on my top five to go places. Some day I want to do a Habs game, travel up to Quebec city and then head north and go experience the bush.
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 01:01 PM

Ask t-rex (refer to post above) where the best place to experience the bush is, it's probably right in town.

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
Ask t-rex (refer to post above) where the best place to experience the bush is, it's probably right in town.

Hey Now....
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 01:36 PM

I have several sno-gos named after the French fighting spirit. I have one with two cylinders and it has twice the fighting spirit. I think parts of them were made by Bombadeer in Quebec?

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Dirt
I have several sno-gos named after the French fighting spirit. I have one with two cylinders and it has twice the fighting spirit. I think parts of them were made by Bombadeer in Quebec?

If you also have one of their outboard motors it was most likely made in Racine, Wisconsin.
Posted By: kingrat

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 03:19 PM

Because they truly think they're better than everyone else.Go anywhere for holidays and everyone says that, first hated is Quebecers than Americans.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 08:31 PM

Quebecois Are The American BLM People Of Canada !!! shocked

w
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 08:33 PM

didn't know they had a Bureau of Land Management. grin
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 09:23 PM

Quebec is to Canada as Canada is to the rest of the world.
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: virgil1972

Incorrect

Most of the world think Canadians are polite.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/16/18 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Hutchy
Originally Posted By: virgil1972

Incorrect

Most of the world think Canadians are polite.

Well, all I know from my own experience is the Kanucks this side of Wawa we're the most polite and caring people you'd ever want to meet. North of Wawa, was a whole different ballgame. And by the time you got to Kapukasing, they we're the most rude, obnoxious, smelly little people I have ever encountered. The French, with there McDonalds menu in french and their horrible attitudes. This is in Ontario, I would never go to Quebec!

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/17/18 12:42 AM

Lol so you dont like people that don't speak the same language....got it....lol

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/17/18 03:19 AM

You got nothing but what you do and that is being a agitator. Like the best percentage of your post, you post to agitate with a limited knowledge of the subject matter and do not answer questions asked of you. So, have you been to Kap, have you any understanding of which I speak, or, are you just doing what you continue to do which is make post in a total oblivious state hoping someone will follow your misconceived, non educated self down your path of the, well, misconceived lol.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/17/18 03:57 AM

grin

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/17/18 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Catch22

You got nothing but what you do and that is being a agitator. Like the best percentage of your post, you post to agitate with a limited knowledge of the subject matter and do not answer questions asked of you. So, have you been to Kap, have you any understanding of which I speak, or, are you just doing what you continue to do which is make post in a total oblivious state hoping someone will follow your misconceived, non educated self down your path of the, well, misconceived lol.

I asked a question about Halfords and Canadians perception of Quebecois but instead a bunch of Americans answered chiming in about how the French are rude because they didn't want to speak English.

Re: Why Don't Canadian Like Québécois - 05/17/18 06:02 AM

POINT that out in detail, or evade like you do.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums