Home

Gallbladder surgery

Posted By: Ditchdiver

Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 02:01 PM

My wife has to get her gallbladder removed 6 weeks after she gives birth to our daughter. How bad of a surgery is it? What should I expect afterwards? How long for recovery? Any help or advice is appreciated.
On a good side note, she is getting her tubes tied at the same time, which saves my jububblies from getting snipped! My visectomy WAS scheduled for the beginning of July.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 02:09 PM

Wife had it done it was not a major deal quick recovery.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 02:50 PM

3 small incisions. Kept me off work for 2 weeks.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 02:52 PM

4 lil slits, less than 1" long, 1 in the belly-button, non-invasive Cake Walk!

Only missed 1 week of work.
Posted By: james dymond

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 04:11 PM

How safe is it?

Both sterilization methods are extremely safe. A small number of people complain after the procedure about a bit of bleeding or a minor local infection; in general, these issues are quickly resolved. Most female sterilization techniques require general anesthesia and surgery with about four stitches. Vasectomy can be done under local anesthesia through an incision so small it sometimes doesn’t even need stitches. Although serious complications are rare, they’re more likely to happen after a female sterilization operation than a vasectomy

Jim
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 05:25 PM

I had mine out few years ago, missed 2 days of work. Day of the surgery and day after. No big deal.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 05:29 PM

When it's was all said and done the cost was almost two hundred thousand dollars for my wife to get hers out but she had to have emergency surgery and all kinds of stuff. Insurance took care all but 4 grand of it tho
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 07:05 PM

Not a big deal, I was off for 10 days to heal up due to the labor intensive job I had at the time.

Wishing you and her the very best with the new baby. Praying that God gives you both comfort and patience.

B
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 08:22 PM

some if they have office jobs they go back in couple days

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/16/18 10:37 PM

Thanks all, for the replies. And thank you BBarnes for the well wishes. Due to the baby pushing on my wife's gallbladder, they want to induce labor on Monday so they can get the gallbladder out. I'll be glad when it's all over, my wife and daughter are home healthy and safe and we can stop eating only "fat free" foods (chicken, chicken and more chicken). I'll keep everyone updated as I learn more.
Posted By: gary Collins

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/17/18 02:45 AM

had mine out 3 days later i was trapping in the u.p. of mi.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/17/18 09:38 AM

prayer for your family hope everything goes well
Posted By: micheal

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/17/18 09:42 AM

Praying all goes well

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/17/18 09:43 AM

Thank you, Roy. Just gotta get this baby out so she can get herself taken care of. She's been pretty miserable (understandably), so life has been a rollercoaster lately. Glad it's gonna be taken care of soon.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/18/18 09:51 AM

Sent with prayer
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/18/18 10:09 AM

ditchdiver keep us posted
Posted By: coloradocat

Re: Gallbladder surgery - 05/19/18 02:21 AM

Minus them whacking my liver and adding a little blood it went well..........LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums