Home

Mills Fleet Farm...?

Posted By: NonPCfed

Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:10 AM

A local news story tonight, breathlessly delivered, was about Mills Fleet Farm coming to my metro soon (new construction). I've never heard them. What can some of you guys tell me about this company...?
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:12 AM

You will like it

Has farm related, sporting goods, fishing, hunting, trapping, etc

Not bad priced
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:29 AM

It's like a Walmart for country folks!

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
It's like a Walmart for country folks!

Lol

If you Google it they have their weekly flyer that you can look through to get a idea
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: racerboy108
You will like it

Has farm related, sporting goods, fishing, hunting, trapping, etc

Not bad priced

X2

While a lot of retailers have downsized there firearms section the local Fleet farm here has expanded theirs

And their prices are most often well under everyone else’s

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:38 AM

They stand behind the AR rifles the CEO did a video a few years ago supporting them nothing like them Dicks!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:39 AM

Its going to be out near the I-90//I-29 interchange. The land where its being built has been bought from the "not a corporation" corporation health care system sports complex. Always found it funny how a "not for profit" health care system can have sub- "companies" that are for profit. But then again, I don't own 5% of the city and control 40% of its economy...

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:43 AM

A non-profit can be in the same building as a for profit management company that oversees it. LOL Worked for a youth center that was owned by millionaires and the back was raking in Government commodities as a non-profit!
Posted By: fossil2

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:47 AM

we just call it the "man store". good selection of everything outdoor related. folks at the gun counter are usually knowledgeable too.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 10:18 AM

I always stop there when we visit relatives in Hudson, WI. I've bought 160 dukes there, lots of muskie lures, ammo, and the one we stop at even carried military surplus items like coats, jackets, you name it.
I really like the store.
Jim
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 10:19 AM

One of the main stores I got to. Sporting goods, farm supplies, work clothes. You will like it.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 10:35 AM

excellent sporting goods department

they used to carry army surplus duffel bags, the real ones, too bad they discontinued
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 10:53 AM

One of my favorite stores and better than Farm and Fleet. Living closer to one was part of the equation when buying our home.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 10:58 AM

Fleet Farm, Scheels, and a couple smaller are real pleasant to deal with up here.

Osky
Posted By: oneeyedtrapper

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 12:04 PM

I support them whenever I can. They have a sign in the Brainerd store encouraging the legal carry of concealed firearms inside the store.
Posted By: 50fps

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 12:25 PM

A lot better store to have than Dick's or Gander Outdoors IMHO.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 01:17 PM

I been to them in MN, decent prices, had aluminum snow shoes I use a while back
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 01:20 PM

West of Mississippi I'm told is Fleet/Farm East of Mississippi is Farm/Fleet. Heard it was originally Farm/fleet at least when we first got one here it was. Was two Mills brothers or something owned it?? Then when old men died one son or cousin became Fleet/Farm one son Farm/Fleet..

Something like that?? We have Farm/Fleet here Got all things a guy likes..Kinda like Tractor Supply if you know that store..

Mac

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 01:29 PM

Actually a daughter owned it till they sold the business to some New York Firm in 2016

Mills family owns a small percent of the business yet

I am just glad they didn't change it to a yuppie store.
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Macthediver
West of Mississippi I'm told is Fleet/Farm East of Mississippi is Farm/Fleet. Heard it was originally Farm/fleet at least when we first got one here it was. Was two Mills brothers or something owned it?? Then when old men died one son or cousin became Fleet/Farm one son Farm/Fleet..

Something like that?? We have Farm/Fleet here Got all things a guy likes..Kinda like Tractor Supply if you know that store..

Mac

We have both here in the same area, a Blain's Farm and Fleet and Mill's Fleet Farm.

Fleet Farm has more outdoor gear than Farm n Barn

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 01:42 PM

Farm & Fleet and Mills Fleet Farm is not the same business

Started in same area and had same products but I just read as it was rumored to be connected but they are not.
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 02:03 PM

Farm & Fleet was founded by brothers, Bert & Claude Blain. Totally different than the Mills family. I like the Fleet/Farm stores better. But 50 mile drive for me. Blain’s Is only 10 minutes.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 02:47 PM

We have a Blain's Farm and Fleet here in town that I go to a lot, but the Mills Fleet Farm up in Winona is big enough and good enough for a road trip. Outstanding Sporting Goods department!

Moosetrot
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 02:52 PM

I spend more of my money at Fleet Farm than all other stores I shop at combined.

The newer ones here are giant. Hope they build you a giant one out there nonPC. You will like it.
Posted By: Jake1208

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 03:03 PM

I will not step foot into a fleet farm..... Unless I'm ready to blow allot of money I don't have! They have everything a person needs! Great store
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 10:43 PM

Fleet Farm changed hands a few years back and the new parent company is way more aggressive than Mill's were. The new owner is building more stores, including Eau Claire, WI ( about time we got one around here ).

Fleet Farm just built a large distribution center on the north side of Chippewa Falls, WI.

Great store, always has been. Very good sporting goods section, great hardware and tools also. Looking forward to the new store opening soon.
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 11:00 PM

"If you can't get it at Fleet Farm, you don't need it! "
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 11:10 PM

I visited their store in Des Moines. It was huge. I liked it.

Mike

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 11:29 PM

The first time you walk in there you will look like Dorothy when she seen Oz for the first time~ LOL shocked
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 11:30 PM

Fleet Farm used to be my all time favorite store up until they sold a few years ago. Now it seems they no longer carry a lot of what they used to and the staff has changed. To me they are more like a Runnings now. Sorry but they have fallen from the top of my favorite list.
Posted By: charles

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/18/18 11:38 PM

In NC we have a few stores named Ag Supply. About anything you need at home or on the farm, but not so much sporting goods except boat trailer parts and clothing. If it is a tool or implement, they have it.
Posted By: rszwieg

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/19/18 01:39 AM

The men's mall.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/19/18 01:55 AM

They are both good stores but the best by far is Stockmans. the one in Osseo is better than any F+F or F+F
Posted By: the wife

Re: Mills Fleet Farm...? - 05/19/18 12:44 PM

The Brainerd Fleet Farm really changed after Stewie Mills sold out to run for office. It's still farm/outdoors based, but not like it was 10 years ago, you can see a degree of the millenial transition there. Having said that, it's still much better than our other local farm/sporting goods stores. We always chose it over Gander before they closed, (Pat won't step foot in Dick's) and it's still my first choice for garden things and pet food, and where we start for equipment parts and anything we need for the camper.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums