Home

Coyote live trap dimensions

Posted By: cambo0420

Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 03:41 PM

Having a coyote problem and wanted to know if I did decide to use a live cage trap for coyotes what size/dimensions do I need? What should the length, height and width be? I have a havahart trap that is 42x15x15. I know it's kind of small height wise but will a coyote go in the trap? Thanks
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 03:44 PM

Do you have to use a live trap?
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 03:51 PM

big

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 04:23 PM

LOL
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 04:29 PM

You just think you have a coyote problem... Wait till you try to get one to go in a cage trap then you will figure out what a real problem is.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 07:38 PM

Have caught 3 in cages in my life 2 in one week but you won't fill a fur shed caging them!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 08:42 PM

About a half acre.
Posted By: micheal

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 09:10 PM

A big one
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/02/18 09:24 PM

you have a bobcat trap and need a much bigger one for yotes
Posted By: Mercer Lawing

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/03/18 02:07 AM

Coyotes go into 18-20 inch tall traps all the time but nobody I know can do it on purpose. It just happens when it happens.
15 tall is pretty short and will greatly reduce your chances.
The ones I've made for customers were 24 tall and 48 long. 14-16 wide. Have one guy says he catches them all the time. I can't do it.

ML

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/03/18 08:59 PM

Do you still sell traps?

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/03/18 09:00 PM

Dang well I think I'm going to shell out a little cash and get an advanced trap or the tomahawk live trap with the live bait cage attachment

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/03/18 09:01 PM

Ya my parents live in sort of a residential area or I would use a leg hold or a 330 conibear, but I don't want to catch and incidental dog or cat!
Posted By: Hal

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/03/18 09:01 PM

You're just plain hard headed aren't you.

Exactly what kind of "problem" do you have with this coyote?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/03/18 09:36 PM

Loook into the collarum

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/03/18 10:11 PM

I got some who want's them?
Just set up a snare (cable Restraint) In a non lethal location and you will be good to go.
Posted By: cagemaker

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/04/18 11:01 AM

My biggest i make run 16' x 22' x 48'. plenty big for coy
Posted By: cagemaker

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/04/18 11:02 AM

My biggest i make run 16' x 22' x 48'. plenty big for coy
Posted By: warrior

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/04/18 02:31 PM

Kirk Dekalb makes one that has three doors and a live bait cage. The three doors means it's open three sides and the live bait cage is positioned to move the coyote into position for the doors to fall.
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/04/18 04:50 PM

Quote:
Kirk Dekalb makes one that has three doors and a live bait cage. The three doors means it's open three sides and the live bait cage is positioned to move the coyote into position for the doors to fall.

I don,t manufacture now. I licensed my patents to a company that will.

The customers I have had that have the best luck using a trap designed to where live bait leads the predator into the trap. The trap height seems to be best with a open door height of 20" or more. The width of the door is best to be at least 13" or more. The length and width of the trap is determined by the Speed of the doors, and the position the animal is in when the door fires. The wider the trap the easier it is for the animal to spin and beat the door.

The problem is the size. You make it huge and it isn,t practical. Too expensive and hard to move. It also stands out and more noticeable the larger it is.

Mercer had a good post.

Cagemaker has a good standard size.

Best to design a cage trap that will catch the largest variety of animals well. From coon to bobcat is one size, when you add coyotes it adds more height and overall size, then you still would be better off using legholds.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/04/18 07:16 PM

MB550 is live trap.

Re: Coyote live trap dimensions - 06/04/18 07:18 PM

Sure wouldn't want to have one of those coyote live traps stolen the first night I put It out.
Wire type cage trap.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums